Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Internet Explorer V9 won't install, saying...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet Explorer V9 won't install, saying...

...there is already a more updated version being used. This is a new app as of March, what's more updated than this version? http://download.cnet.com/Internet-Ex...-10497433.html
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Re: IE9 won't load, sez...

One way to find out what version you are currently running on your system is by running Internet Explorer and then on the browser window click on the "Help" on the Menu Bar and then selecting on the option called "About Internet Explorer". It will report the version you are running.

Comment

I have had trouble with IE9 reading certain formats. If you press F9 key you can load IE7 or IE8 temporarily and then those work fine with the older formats.

I am about ready to dump IE and go to something like Mozilla.
      Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
        I am about ready to dump IE and go to something like Mozilla.
        Do it; I did years ago, never looked back.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
          It will report the version you are running.
          Sez I got 6.0, but that's probably from day 1 and outdated.

Comment

I've been using IE 9 for about a week now and its working fine. If you have it, I would suggest using the tutorial "Whats New in IE 9" to learn about the changes. Also, there are settings you can change to make it look more like Ver. 8 or even 7. It took a little getting used to but now I like it.
            "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
            – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post

Sez I got 6.0, but that's probably from day 1 and outdated.
              Sounds like you might be running Windows XP. IE9 won't run on XP.

Comment

Originally posted by lurkah View Post
                Sounds like you might be running Windows XP. IE9 won't run on XP.
                Vista, it uses 9.

Comment

Vista, it uses 9.
                  Vista should run IE9, but didn't you say in your earlier post that you were running IE6? IE6 doesn't run on Vista.

Comment

I have Vista on the computer (work) that is running IE 9 with no problems. I use Windows 7 at home - no download of IE 9 so far. It came with my automatic downloads last week at the office.

PS: nice to see you Lurkah!
                    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Vista should run IE9, but didn't you say in your earlier post that you were running IE6? IE6 doesn't run on Vista.
                      oh what a tangled web we weave!
                      Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

didn't you say that you were running IE6?
                        Only based on what I see per Helen's instructions - One way to find out what version you are currently running on your system is by running Internet Explorer and then on the browser window click on the "Help" on the Menu Bar and then selecting on the option called "About Internet Explorer". It will report the version you are running.

In doing the above, there was nothing relating to IEanything, but the # 6 was in the window which may not pertain to this matter.

How else can I find the version I've got now?

Comment

it could be issues with a combination of your antivirus and OS. Two things could result in IE9 not running or fail to start, 1) the need to update your antivirus or 2) the need to update your OS.

Sometimes an outdated antivirus (such as AVG FREE) need to be replaced with a newer version, not simply updating the exisiting one you've been running for over a year. AVG 11 is out and there may be a need to replace your exisiting AVG 10.5 for example.

Versions of AVAST won't allow even IE7 to run on certain XP machines.

Which brings me to the OS itself. The OS may need the latest security patches to run the latest antivirus or even IE9.

If you're running a hacked version of XP and cannot upload these patches, you simply would be out of luck.
                          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Did the re-virus, but is updating the OS as complicated as all this? -

These downloads are Microsoft’s 2011 every month security updates for Windows 7 64-bit, Vista, Vista 64-bit and Windows Server 2008 (and other Windows Operating Systems if needed – which is very handy in the event you require to update different releases across a network). The list starts from the latest release and goes backwards down the page. You will require to also download the 2009 patches – see the Windows section for a complete listing. The every month updates listed are the official Microsoft security update package in .ISO format, A few are updates are in the standard MSU format.
                            The files that are in ISO format can be burnt to a CD/DVD, virtually mounted or opened with an ISO viewer. In the event you have no experience with ISOs, Google can answer most questions. The ISO’s have the advantage that they can be used on all Operating Systems from Windows 2000, XP, Vista and Windows 7 right through to Server 2003, 2008 and 64-bit releases. The disadvatage is that they are immense (usually ranging from 500-1500+MB for each month).
                            The downloads are usually huge as they contain every patch released in a specific month for all supported Microsoft operating systems – including Windows Media Player updates (the smaller individual patches for Windows XP 32-bit and Windows 7 32-bit are obtainable in the Windows section).
                            Clicking a link will start that months’s file download from the official Microsoft Servers. If you haven’t already, you must first install the Windows Vista (or Server 2008) Service Pack 2.

Comment

Only based on what I see per Helen's instructions - One way to find out what version you are currently running on your system is by running Internet Explorer and then on the browser window click on the "Help" on the Menu Bar and then selecting on the option called "About Internet Explorer". It will report the version you are running.

In doing the above, there was nothing relating to IEanything, but the # 6 was in the window which may not pertain to this matter.

How else can I find the version I've got now?
                              Ron, the way to find what version of IE you have is to follow Helen's instruction. Perhaps you didn't understand how to do it?
                              – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Working...
                              X