Clear All

• Tinitus cure near?

Let's hope so!
    http://www.pharmabiz.com/NewsDetails...id=62389&sid=2
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Re: Tinitus cure near?

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
    "File not found"
    Do you have another URL? I'm REALLY interested in this.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post

"File not found"
      Do you have another URL? I'm REALLY interested in this.
      See if this works.

Comment

Originally posted by lurkah View Post
        My hero! Thanx
        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
          Let's hope so!
          I suffer from Tinitus in my right ear. Five years ago I experienced a "mini stroke" and lost 80% of the hearing in my right ear within a week as a result of nerve damage. The result was hearing loss and tinitus.

The referenced injection will not help those with resultant progonosis that I experience. The nerves are dead forever. Fortunately the hearing in my left hear is 100%, but I can no longer hear in "stereo" which is indeed a handicap. In a room with a lot of background noise, I can hear almost nothing but "noise." But life is good and can still bench press my weight.......and I recently experienced a birthday ending in 7.
          Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

I have tinitus in both ears, sometimes one ear goes completely deaf for a few minutes except for the ringing. I'm pretty sure I got it during the military as I never had it before.
            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by lurkah View Post
              See if this works.
              Smooch!
              Originally posted by matapule View Post
              I suffer from Tinitus in my right ear. Five years ago I experienced a "mini stroke" and lost 80% of the hearing in my right ear within a week as a result of nerve damage. The result was hearing loss and tinitus.

The referenced injection will not help those with resultant progonosis that I experience. The nerves are dead forever. Fortunately the hearing in my left hear is 100%, but I can no longer hear in "stereo" which is indeed a handicap. In a room with a lot of background noise, I can hear almost nothing but "noise." But life is good and can still bench press my weight.......and I recently experienced a birthday ending in 7.
              My ENT doc told me tinnitus is nerve damage, regardless of the cause. I strongly believe mine is a side effect of a med. Now, whether or not that resulted in permanent nerve damage or the tinnitus will disappear once I'm off the med and it's out of my system remains to be seen. My doc says the former 'cuz he doesn't believe it's related to a drug. I say the latter 'cuz I did my research! Time will tell! I had a baseline hearing test last month and all is well "for my age". All my docs add that disclaimer now 'cuz my "ending in 7" is this year, too!
              Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
              I have tinitus in both ears, sometimes one ear goes completely deaf for a few minutes except for the ringing. I'm pretty sure I got it during the military as I never had it before.
              I have it in both ears, too, but fortunately I don't experience any temporary deafness. I notice mine toggles between loud and not so loud and sometimes one ear is louder than the other! That's when I get my hopes up that's it's starting to go away.

Comment

what did you say?
                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

My ENT doc told me tinnitus is nerve damage, regardless of the cause. I strongly believe mine is a side effect of a med..
                  A comprehensive hearing test will determine whether you have nerve damage or not. Usually this test is paid by Medicare.

My money is on your ENT who says that tinitus is caused by nerve damage. At this time, there is no cure for audio nerve damage.

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

A comprehensive hearing test will determine whether you have nerve damage or not. Usually this test is paid by Medicare.
                    I had a baseline hearing test last month and all is well "for my age". Nerve damage wasn't mentioned! And, yes, it was covered by Medicare. YAY!
                    My money is on your ENT who says that tinitus is caused by nerve damage. At this time, there is no cure for audio nerve damage.
                    I'm not questioning my doc about nerve damage as much as I'm questioning him about his claim that tinnitus is not a side effect of some medications. It clearly is. The question is whether or not that side effect caused irreversible damage. I know people who have seen a reversal in their tinnitus after removing the offending medication. Hence...time will tell! I'm not losing hope!

Comment

I had a baseline hearing test last month and all is well "for my age". Nerve damage wasn't mentioned!
                      My understanding is that audiologists cannot speak to any physiological conditions, only the ENT can "interpret" the results. Apparently, your ENT intrepreted the nerve damage.

I know people who have seen a reversal in their tinnitus after removing the offending medication. Hence...time will tell! I'm not losing hope!
                      We wish you the best! The funny thing is that I have hearing loss in my right ear and uaifi in her left ear, so she always walks/sits on my left side so we have good ears facing each other! She drives probaby 90% of the time so we can have a conversation while in the car, otherwise NADA! So when we are upset with each other.......I drive .

Comment

My understanding is that audiologists cannot speak to any physiological conditions, only the ENT can "interpret" the results. Apparently, your ENT intrepreted the nerve damage.
                        I initially asked ENT about tinnitus when I saw him for something else, as it was the first time I'd seen him since it hit me. That's when he explained it's correlation with nerve damage. He then ordered the hearing test done by the audiologist. I saw the ENT for the results...he's the one who stated that all's well "for my age"!!! Nerve damage wasn't mentioned after the test. But I still have tinnitus! I'm ok with it if it doesn't get any worse. I'm so interested, tho', to see if it is medication related. Only time will tell.
                        [...]She drives probaby 90% of the time so we can have a conversation while in the car, otherwise NADA! So when we are upset with each other.......I drive .
                        Bwahaha! Kinda reminds me of my friend who has a blind son...not to mention a fun sense of humor. Several on HT will know who I'm talking about. Anyway, when son was still living at home and did something that upset her, she said she would change the furniture around! Same theory, different application!

Comment

Working...
                        X