X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pet Peeve of the Day

Originally posted by DannyWilliams View Post
    People that are frickin noisy at a Public Library when ur on the internet
    Yeah!!, and I also thought it was suppose to be a library, can't those people read?!.

Maybe you should tell them: SHSHS!, be quiet, or shut up!!,
    If you can't be quiet, there's the door, & don't let it kick you in the butt. lol. :-P

When I go to the library (the main one), I go on the top level outside, that way, it's not as noisy when I study. =)

Though, I am not sure yet, if all libraries here in Honolulu Hawaii are WIFIs. I have never tried to bring my lap top.

Does any one know if any libraries are WIFIs?? (asided from Starbucks, & other cafe places.)

Well, Happy Valentine's Day, Gang. =)

Aloha. =)
    Aches & Pains
    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

I got a Pet Peeve today but it's a Humorous one too!

I went to the airport to pick up Gaya and Kiana. I parked Leimomi in front of the Arrival Area. I got out. A "Pilipino Security Officer" approached me and started shouting "Ib ya don't mob yoooor carrr i'm goooing too gib yoou aaa tickkett!"

I started LAUGHING my silly ARSE LOUD!!!!

Moa he wen get MAD!

I didn't wait foa one ticket. I wen hele back into Leimomi and went around until I saw Gaya and Kiana outside.

Shhhhh! Dey should at least have people who can damn well talk English! Wat? I not prejudice!! I'm Pilipino too!!!

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Last month I dropped my wife off at the Hilo Airport for her trip to Oahu. I left the engine running with the 4-ways blinking to help her unload one bag out of the trunk of the car. I quickly closed the trunk and gave my wife a good bye kiss and as soon as we embraced, the guard blew his whistle at us. We're not even there a minute maybe even 30-seconds when he motioned me to move on.

Geez I know they have a job but you know what he didn't have a heart and as I got in I looked at him and said "Bachi braddah" and left.
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
          So...did you ever go to that job fair last month, so you can get out of that shop and into something better?
          I haven't received any callbacks yet. I guess its time to call them back.
          How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by DannyWilliams View Post
            People that are frickin noisy at a Public Library when ur on the internet
            oh man. I also hate those.

Other library pet peeves:
            - when cell phones go off and the volume is like they're at a construction site.
            - when people put back books where they don't belong (I volunteered at the library and atleast I know where books belong - or else I put them back on the carts)

But at my job, we have an internet cafe, and except for the humming of the drinks machine and songs from my laptop, its irritating when people start typing with only their pointer fingers and making that typing noise - which is hard to do because we already have quiet keyboards to begin with.

Another pet peeve I have, is when people's headphones are friggen loud - especially the earbud types. I'm glad you're listening to the same music I'm listening to buddy, but I don't want to hear it a few feet away from you.

One more pet peeve for this morning: I hate it when I shave I take an extra minute or so to make sure my face is super smooth, but when feel my face a few hours later I feel long hair still on my face.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
              I got a Pet Peeve today but it's a Humorous one too!

I went to the airport to pick up Gaya and Kiana. I parked Leimomi in front of the Arrival Area. I got out. A "Pilipino Security Officer" approached me and started shouting "Ib ya don't mob yoooor carrr i'm goooing too gib yoou aaa tickkett!"

I started LAUGHING my silly ARSE LOUD!!!!

Moa he wen get MAD!

I didn't wait foa one ticket. I wen hele back into Leimomi and went around until I saw Gaya and Kiana outside.

Shhhhh! Dey should at least have people who can damn well talk English! Wat? I not prejudice!! I'm Pilipino too!!!

Auntie Lynn
              LOL

I'm filipino too, but I tease my language to a certain extent. If I had the guts, then when a filipino talks in that accent, I'll just respond with a (heavier) accent. (or if I could, then I'd respond in another dialect).

Comment

another driving-related pet peeve:

Drivers who either use their high beams or those behind me whose lights are shining through my cabin. In both cases, I'm sometimes blinded because the lights reflect on my mirrors and I have to shield my eyes to see the road.

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456 View Post
                  another driving-related pet peeve:

Drivers who either use their high beams or those behind me whose lights are shining through my cabin. In both cases, I'm sometimes blinded because the lights reflect on my mirrors and I have to shield my eyes to see the road.
                  At night, why don't you change your rear view mirror to the night mode---all cars should have that as standard equipment now---and when driving at night, NEVER look directly at cars driving toward you whether or not they have their high beams on or not, always look toward the sides of the road.

Miulang
                  "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
                    At night, why don't you change your rear view mirror to the night mode
                    sorry for being a car noob, but how do you do that?

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456 View Post
                      sorry for being a car noob, but how do you do that?
                      there's this thingy underneath...just turn it.

however, in some new cars...An automatic dimming rearview mirror is a type of rearview mirror which automatically shifts to “night” mode when it sees bright lights.

auntie lynn
                      Last edited by 1stwahine; February 15, 2007, 04:58 PM.

Comment

there's this thingy underneath...just turn it.

however, in some new cars...An automatic dimming rearview mirror is a type of rearview mirror which automatically shifts to “night” mode when it sees bright lights.

auntie lynn
                        Like Auntie says: there should be a knob or switch on the bottom of the rear view mirror that will let you toggle between day vision and night vision. My car is one that does change the mirror automatically.

After years and years of driving on the interstates at night (and also on country roads), I find it really does help if you don't stare directly at an oncoming car's headlights. Try moving your vision to the left or right and look more toward the edges of the road. That way, too, your vision won't get all hammajang by the stark difference between no light and bright light. The worst offenders for blinding headllights on oncoming cars are those that are equipped with "blue" ultrabright (xenon) lights, which my car also has. I rarely have to use my brights because even the normal Xenon bulbs throw off an incredible amount of light.

Miulang
                        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

I not prejudice!! I'm Pilipino too!!!

Auntie Lynn
                          WOW !!. Really? How much??? If you don't mind me asking.

I'm swiss,filipino,spanish. The sad thing is, I am not very well in speaking filipino, but, can understand some. I can't even speak swiss & spanish either.

I remember one time, I was really trying to impress my supervisor by speaking filipino, & she laughed & laughed.

I asked her why she was laughing at me, & she told me I was speaking in broken filipino. lol.

I think I need to go to class & re learn my filipino language again. Sheeeesh.

Aloha. =)
                          Aches & Pains

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity View Post
                            WOW !!. Really? How much??? If you don't mind me asking.
                            Not at ALL! I'm proud of my heritage!

My paternal grand parents came from Batac, Ilocos Norte and settled in Koloa, Kauai.

My maternal grand-father was from Iloilo, Philippines who also setteld in Koloa, Kauai.

My great grand-parents came from Portorico and settled in Lawai Stable.

My heritage goes farther...Cherokee, Spanish and Lumerian!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
                              [...] The jerks are trying to con me into calling them.
                              I get the same thing for my domain name. Yup...a con.

Comment

Not at ALL! I'm proud of my heritage!

My paternal grand parents came from Batac, Ilocos Norte and settled in Koloa, Kauai.

My maternal grand-father was from Iloilo, Philippines who also setteld in Koloa, Kauai.

My great grand-parents came from Portorico and settled in Lawai Stable.

My heritage goes farther...Cherokee, Spanish and Lumerian!

Auntie Lynn
                                That's cool. That sounds pretty nifty.

Thanks for replying back.

Aloha. =)
                                Aches & Pains

Comment

Working...
                                X