Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bed bugs closing Restaurant Row 9 theaters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrong again!

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
    the post as you wrote it was clearly meant to incite an "ewwwww" reaction, with the next step folk being the cause of the ick factor.
    You're mistaking a warning, and a subject that won't be heard on the news, with a dreamt up vendetta against Next Step or it's clients that you wish to pin on me. It won't stick.
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Re: Wrong again!

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
      You're mistaking a warning, and a subject that won't be heard on the news, with a dreamt up vendetta against Next Step or it's clients that you wish to pin on me. It won't stick.
      says the guy who deliberately chose the word "pandemic" to describe the alleged problem and who did not reveal his supposed source until he was pushed.

in my hood, people who relay so-called "warnings" the way you do are called "gossips."
      Last edited by cynsaligia; June 7, 2009, 10:17 PM.
      superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Bedbugs, Incorporated (a Massachusetts Corporation), has announced the closing of the Restaurant Row Theaters due to "Inadequate Participation by Qualified Persons."

In a legal brief later released by Smith, Jones, Lee, Wong and Wright (attys. at law), it was disclosed that supplies of uncontaminated liquid food supplies had been unable to keep pace with increasing demand in recent years.

The managing corporation of the theatres, who prefers that their Transylvania roots be unexposed, expects to open a new complex in Kahala when theatre sites become available.

In the meantime, screened blood donations will be accepted at:

Site hidden to prevent abuse by pre-adult lifeforms:
        Come ON now! Do you think we blood suckers would give our secret hideout away? Dumb Mammals!
        Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
        ~ ~
        Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
        Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
        Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Re: Bed bugs closing Restaurant Row 9 theaters?

Perhaps it is time for this thread to be locked. I don't think anyone here has the evidence to verify or debunk these bedbug rumors. In the absence of any solid and reliable information, it's hard to see how the discussion can be elevated above the innunendo and name calling that this thread has degenerated into.
          This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Thread?
            Good night, sleep tight. Don't let the bedbugs bite.

Perhaps it is wise for us to leave this thread open:

1. To help us express our anxieties regarding pest infestations in public places,

2. To give us a baseline where we can come to seek new information,

3. To act as a motivation for those of us who can to seek current and accurate information to keep us informed. - We need to confirm or quell this rumor! Running away is the COWARD'S approach! It solves NOTHING, leaves people in the dark, and potentially exposes them to INFECTION!!!!

Seek the Truth! (Or suffer from ignorance!)
            Last edited by Kaonohi; June 8, 2009, 12:46 AM. Reason: Stray ions
            ~ ~

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
              says the guy who deliberately chose the word "pandemic" to describe the alleged problem and who did not reveal his supposed source until he was pushed. in my hood, people who relay so-called "warnings" the way you do are called "gossips."
              You're still missing the mark, give up already.
              I stated it was 'street talk' at the start, and gossip is about matters of no importance. Will you go to these theaters now that you know the creepy crawlies can be on your skin and not just on the screen?
              I would imagine there is also a risk of contamination of serious diseases from blood suckers roaming from bod to bod. Even if not, it's disgusting, and I was glad to learn of it and know to stay away even tho I've never been.
              Sounds like you have stock in Consolidated...

Comment

hey, if your later-revealed benificent intent had any tinge of veracity, ron, i would not have protested, and you wouldn't feel a need to defend yourself (albeit poorly. come on--interest in consolidated? that's the best you can do?).

it amused me initially to see you squirm. but as expected, you tend toward the banal or absurd when you assert yourself.
                superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

I think I can do a little better, but this thread isn't about you/me and I'm trying not to incite a reaction from the lock police as FM was hoping for, but you seem insistant on throwing misguided fits about nothing instead of maintaining a focus on the subject matter.
                  And stop using words I have to look up!

Comment

You're still missing the mark, give up already.
                    I stated it was 'street talk' at the start, and gossip is about matters of no importance. Will you go to these theaters now that you know the creepy crawlies can be on your skin and not just on the screen?
                    I would imagine there is also a risk of contamination of serious diseases from blood suckers roaming from bod to bod. Even if not, it's disgusting, and I was glad to learn of it and know to stay away even tho I've never been.
                    Sounds like you have stock in Consolidated...
                    RR9 is not a Consolidated theater. It is operated by Hollywood Theaters (formerly Wallace Cinemas).
                    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

A little research can be a dangerous thing.

This interesting online review mentions bedbugs and Restaurant Row
                      However, it is NOT RR9, NOT in Hawai`i, and not in a theatre.

It makes one wonder....
                      ~ ~

Comment

I think I can do a little better, but this thread isn't about you/me and I'm trying not to incite a reaction from the lock police as FM was hoping for, but you seem insistant on throwing misguided fits about nothing instead of maintaining a focus on the subject matter.
                        And stop using words I have to look up!
                        stop using words that you have looked up yet insist on applying wrongly.

start writing posts where your good intent, if it exists, is readily apparent. and while you don't necessarily have to completly reveal your sources, you really should indicate something more solid than "word on the street" if you want to be taken seriously. otherwise, word on the street will be that your word is worth less than you'd like.

nice bit of info, kaonohi. if ron's bit of gossip is based on mistaken identity, what a fool he'd look, eh?

Comment

What's a NY hotel review got to do with the OP?
                          And pandemic is correct, especially as I was obviously referring to the shelter, not the theater.
                          'Word on the street' from those that have first hand knowlege is a decent start, and leaves it open to further investigation to the ultimate facts. Where/when else do you think you would have heard it?

And if what I heard was a bunch of BS, then good. Who wants grotesque blood suckers in their theaters? Prove that it's just a false rumour and I'll be the first to be happy. Does the possibility of an error enlist me for the corner chair with a dunce hat? I think not. But if it's true then your endless propensity for deriding me and the matter while belittling it as mere gossip should find the pointy chapeau a perfect fit for you.

Comment

What's a NY hotel review got to do with the OP?
                            Hey, I don't make the news, I just report it. Did you read the article?

It mentioned an infestation of bedbugs and also mentioned restaurant row.

It's not impossible that some websurfer saw that and made an incorrect assumption, and you know how 'word of mouth' changes as it passes from mouth to mouth.

Seriously (since Frankly as a term has taken on a new meaning), I'm glad you reported the street gossip. Now it merely remains to be substantiated or disproved. Bedbugs are NASTY!

I hope your vitriol was not directed at me, BTW! That wasn't clear....
                            ~ ~

Comment

It was just a question, no vitrol involved at that point, and it was aimed at my current sparring partner.
                              But the article was referring to NY's restaurant row anyhow.

Comment

Politics make strange bed bug fellows.

Comment

Working...
                                X