Star Trek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Star Trek movie!

I'm no Trekker, but I have enjoyed almost every one of the Trek motion pictures. I find this one interesting. If you've seen Tom Hanks and Catherine Zeta Jones in The Terminal (underrated movie; I don't know what all the critics' problems were with this film), you got a good, hot look at the actress slated to play Uhura, Zoe Saldana. When I first heard about the film, I thought Gabrielle Union would have been a great choice, but maybe she doesn't look young enough anymore.

Also, I don't know much about the acting chops of the guy who plays the Chairman on Iron Chef America, but doesn't he look like he could be a young Sulu?
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
      I'm no Trekker, but I have enjoyed almost every one of the Trek motion pictures.

Also, I don't know much about the acting chops of the guy who plays the Chairman on Iron Chef America, but doesn't he look like he could be a young Sulu?
      Scriv:
      I'm in the same spaceship. I admire Star Trek from afar, and remember watching the original series. when we land on it by accident here at home, the girls go bonkers, they love it! I just can't stand the cheesy romantic story lines. But I digress.

The Chairman does indeed look like he could be a young Sulu! Apple anyone?
      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

just a few tidbits as the day draws nearer...

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/just..._startrek.html
        525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

re marc dacascos, iron chef america's chairman--

*mimicing eric's accent* hi's peeleepeeno prum hawaii! and japanese, among other ethnicities. (psst! hui! eric! if we got together & spawned a boy, it might look like marc dacascos!) marc's also my very good friend's cousin.

IIRC, he also took on the role of the crow after brandon lee died.
          superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

The Star Trek trailer is now available from the Apple Movie trailer site.

Comment

They are delaying this movie to May 2009.

Comment

A friend of mines who I launch rockets with said that one of the previews to Quantum of Solace is Star Trek. I didn't ask for more details since I am planning on watching Quantum of Solace tomorrow.

Comment

New Star Trek movie TRAILER!

It looks more like Michael Bay directed it, IMO

Comment

Ooooh I'm so upset today. A lot was going on and the kane and I totally forgot we we had tickets to go to the Air Force Film Festival - Star Trek VI event last night! Michael Dorn was the special guest. I love Michael!!!!

I'm sooooooooooooooooooo sad. ugh!
                    I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

I should have asked my friend which theater he was watching Quantum of Solace since today's showing at Ward did not show the Star Trek trailer.

Comment

Re: Star Trek

The trailer is also available at the Apple Movie site. I have to admit that when I first viewed the trailer I was thinking "did I click on the right movie"?

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                          The trailer is also available at the Apple Movie site. I have to admit that when I first viewed the trailer I was thinking "did I click on the right movie"?

Maybe the director is giving a hip edge look how the essential characters became who they are in their adult years.
                          Do have to say that Zachary Quinto who is known as NBC's Heroes "Sylar" looks dead on as a younger version of Nimoy's .
                          I myself was not much TV Trekkie but did watch ST The Movie, Khan, definately the one where they were in SF & a few others that came after but not the whole series. J.J. Abrahams (sp?) has done a fair share of good movie/sequels though Cloverfield, ugh Don't get me started.

Comment

J.J. Abrams only produced Cloverfield, he did not direct it.

Anyway my comment about the trailer was actually about the first 40 seconds were it is showing a car chase, something that was never shown during the original Star Trek's TV series run.

Comment

Just an update to the movie Star Trek. It opens on May 8, 2009, which is 2 months from now (2 months, 7 days or 68 days). The Apple Movie Trailer web site has so far 3 different trailers for this movie.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                                Just an update to the movie Star Trek. It opens on May 8, 2009, which is 2 months from now (2 months, 7 days or 68 days). The Apple Movie Trailer web site has so far 3 different trailers for this movie.

blegh. i'm not at all motivated to see another story that builds needlessly on the heroic legacy of james tiberius kirk. i will say it again--they should have moved forward with new stories for the DS9 and VGR crew. the trailers are pretty hot and all, but meeeeeeeeeeeeeh. the fact that abrams is taking on the beginning of a story we all know the ending of just cements my opinion that he's a scherazade with the talent to weave ever complicated tales that pull you in...but unlike the truly great story tellers, he lacks a matching ability to end such stories meaningfully.
                                superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Working...
                                X