No announcement yet.

It's a gas... price increase, that is.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a gas... price increase, that is.

Prices are going up again. 87 octane is now $3.05 here on the windward side of O`ahu.
    Where do you live, and what's it cost there?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Re: It's a gas... price increase, that is.

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
    Prices are going up again. 87 octane is now $3.05 here on the windward side of O`ahu.

Don't complain too much...the prices in Skidaddle are anywhere between $3.13-3.18/gallon. And two weeks ago, it was $3.23 on Maui.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

3.10 Reg unleaded right now in Eugene Oregon.
      Was 2.98 last week.
      Since when is psycho a bad thing??
      Sharing withother survivors...
      www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Over 3.20 everywhere in South Kona.

But who really cares?? I'm gettin 40+ mpg.....Isn't EVERYBODY getting good mileage by now?? It's been 4 years of war, and you are trying to tell me that some folks still drive guzzlers??

I thought the only people left driving gas guzzlers and smoky old clunkers were either terrorists, or people who like terrorism?? My favorite hypocrites are SUV's with all the stickers on the back about enviro-this and peacenik-that, and "support the troops"........those folks are too funny.
        FutureNewsNetwork.com
        Energy answers are already here.

Comment

I can't really assess my mileage --- well, okay, I can, but it's an inaccurate measurement of my lifestyle. I have a perfectly-functioning, well-maintained smaller four-cylinder car that I bought brand new in 1994, and has under 60,000 miles on it at present. Do the math.

Rising and shifting gas prices are not a major concern for me, as I spend (on average) $20-25/month on gasoline. I walk - a lot - and when I don't walk, I often take a bus.

There's more to the story than just what you choose to drive - it's your driving habits overall. And those are affected by where you live and where you work; I've made choices in those two areas that allow me to drive as little as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
            I'm gettin 40+ mpg.....Isn't EVERYBODY getting good mileage by now??
            If you saw my thread about "LikaNui's New Ride" a couple of weeks ago, you know I'm geting 65mpg on this:
            Last edited by LikaNui; March 9, 2008, 11:28 AM.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

You guys don't know when the going's good...I pay almost $8.00 a gallon.
              http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
              http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                [...]Isn't EVERYBODY getting good mileage by now?? It's been 4 years of war, and you are trying to tell me that some folks still drive guzzlers??

I thought the only people left driving gas guzzlers and smoky old clunkers were either terrorists, or people who like terrorism?? My favorite hypocrites are SUV's with all the stickers on the back about enviro-this and peacenik-that, and "support the troops"........those folks are too funny.
                I never own a car newer than 10 years old so I guess I'm pro-terrorist 'cuz I'm not one in reality. I guess in 10 years I'll catch up. No SUV, tho', but I do have a sticker on the back that reads...Makaha.

Oh, at Lex Brodie's...$3.25/gal. for premium. Yes, I use premium. So, flame me!

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post

WHAAATTTTT?????

87 is almost $3.40 here in LA...How is it that gas is cheaper in hawaii than Cali? That never happens. Damn....is the cost of living in LA getting more than Hawaii ?
                  http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
                  Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
                  Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

I went to purchase some gas in the city of the Old Lady in PASADENA, and it was deceiving. I approached the pump and it read $3.54 per gallon. I glanced over to the sign on the front/corner of the station at it read $3.44. As I glanced upward I noticed that the side I was on said FULL service. The lane that I was in was the only Full service lane and which no service attendant bothered to come out. Pretty tricky. I was in dire need of some petro, so I turned and swallowed while I filled the tank.

Later that evening, I gased my wife's van and it ran $3.11. Thank goodness for Costco gas.

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki View Post
                      WHAAATTTTT?????

87 is almost $3.40 here in LA...How is it that gas is cheaper in hawaii than Cali? That never happens. Damn....is the cost of living in LA getting more than Hawaii ?
                      Last year 4 times the cost of gas was higher in Oregon than Hawaii.
                      Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                      Sharing withother survivors...
                      www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

I was in Wahiawa this past weekend and saw that the gas was $2.88/87 octane....I decided to wait till I got to Costco Waipio and put gas there - thinking it was going to be cheaper....well, lo & behold! Gas was $2.89/87 octane at Costco....my 16 year old son laughed at me and my 'pake' thinking....It's $3.00/87 octane at Lex Brodie on Queen Street this a.m.....I was in Hana, Maui last year October and it was already $2.89....so I appreciate what we have here.....

My hearts in Makaalae!

Comment

East coast is $2.99-$3.01

Comment

Originally posted by Ms_Aloha_Nui View Post
                            I was in Wahiawa this past weekend and saw that the gas was $2.88/87 octane....I decided to wait till I got to Costco Waipio and put gas there - thinking it was going to be cheaper....well, lo & behold! Gas was $2.89/87 octane at Costco....my 16 year old son laughed at me and my 'pake' thinking....It's $3.00/87 octane at Lex Brodie on Queen Street this a.m.....I was in Hana, Maui last year October and it was already $2.89....so I appreciate what we have here.....

My hearts in Makaalae!
                            What's 'pake' thinking?

Comment

E kala mai....'pake' is a local slang for Chinese (who tend to be more thirfty and frugal.....)

Comment

Working...
                              X