Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Music is the Key of Life than RAP music...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: If Music is the Key of Life than RAP music...

i agree with Sinjin.

my views...
    Gangster rap isn't for everyone. Songs like "f*ck the police" reflect the innercity environment which is famous for racial profiling and police brutality. I think many people around the world can relate to stuff like that.

B*tches and hoes exist. So do good women.

I don't approve of all gangster rap...but I don't need to. I just wont listen to music I don't like.

Comment

Originally posted by Bard View Post
      May I recommend Country Rap Tune by Tow Down? It's pretty hilarious... heard it on the radio randomly one day during a road trip and I actually had to call the station and ask them what it was.
      That one's even funnier than Vance Gilbert's "Country-Western Rap."

Comment

Available at many web sites, here is Saul Williams' open letter to Oprah, regarding hip-hop.

And yes, it's a long read. Please don't skim it. Absorb it.
        Last edited by Leo Lakio; April 20, 2007, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
          um, aside from the Gourds' cover of Snoop Dogg's "Gin and Juice" (which is quite catchy), I am not familar with country rap.
          Ooo, that's also a good one

Comment

Theres a local group that does a rap in Hawaiian. Sounds almost like a Hawaiian chant to a bass beat. It actually sounds intense.

There's this group of Tongans did a show once in Hilo. They are martial artists and they did a demonstration of cracking bricks with their hands and their presentation was done to that particular song.

Man Tongans that know martial arts breaking bricks. That's about as intimidating as it gets especially for this Japanese!
            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

If Hillary Clinton abhors misogynistic, violence filled rap music (as she indicated she did in comments about Don Imus), then perhaps she needs to return the approximately $800,000 she collected from a March 31 FL fundraiser hosted by Timbaland, a noted performer and producer of rap music.

Miulang
              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

You know I usually hate all rap, but I started listening to Rage Against the Machine the other day, and I gotta say I kinda of like it. Then again it's probably the heavy metal funk sound that's getting me.
                808blogs.com- Start your own blog now, for free!
                kazaru.808blogs.com - my blog!
                http://kazaru.com - personal site DOWN ATM

Comment

National Geographic, of all magazines, did a feature in the April 2007 issue called "Hip-Hop Planet," attempting to explore the international roots and branches of hip-hop.

Not sure the author (jazz musician James McBride) really succeeded, but it does make for some good reading. Excellent historical references to The Last Poets, Amiri Baraka, and folks like that.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                    Theres a local group that does a rap in Hawaiian. Sounds almost like a Hawaiian chant to a bass beat. It actually sounds intense.
                    Do you happen to remember their name? I've really gotta hear this

After hearing the Jump5 remix of "Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride" I've been lamenting the lack of "modern" music with Hawaiian language lyrics. It sounds great.

Comment

Originally posted by Bard View Post
                      Do you happen to remember their name? I've really gotta hear this
                      Have you heard Sudden Rush's album "EA"? What they do with "Hi`ilawe"... respecting the old while making it their own modern piece, including rap in `olelo Hawai`i. Defines "chicken skin" for me.

Comment

Some Sudden Rush Real Player audio samples:

http://www.nahenahe.net/sudden_rush/

Comment

EA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgmOO5jiiq0
                          I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

The New York Times chimes in today.

Comment

Wow, thanks for all the links I'll check that out.

Comment

Working...
                              X