"Lost" - Season 5: Episode & Storyline Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Lost" - Season 5: Episode & Storyline Discussion

About the "Namaste" episode: Did you notice the song on the soundtrack, called "Ride Captain Ride"? It pretty much tells the story of the Losties, and there is even a"mystery ship" in it! It's a song from the hippies time the Losties traveled to. A little wink at us LOST fans.
    Nic
    http://miceandchips.com/bluemood

Comment

I used to think the writers were just making this up as they went along. But then the Ajira jet landed on a runway. The same runway that the Others had Sawyer and Kate help build in season 3!!

Maybe they still are making this up as they go along, but at least they are making up stuff to tie up some loose ends and give some answers!

Best series ever.

Comment

Once the time travel started the Grandfather paradox had to show up.
        http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Granted Sayid shooting a young Ben in 1977 doesn't mean he killed him. However I have to wonder if Jack might save Ben assuming that the island doesn't heal him first.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
            Granted Sayid shooting a young Ben in 1977 doesn't mean he killed him. However I have to wonder if Jack might save Ben assuming that the island doesn't heal him first.
            I saw a suggestion somewhere that perhaps the bullet had lodged next to Ben's spine and it was the cause of the tumor Jack has to remove in 2007. I think that's medically nonsensical, but points for creative thought should be given.
            http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

However either the X-Rays or the operation (done in 2004, when Oceanic 815 crashed) would have encountered the bullet, unless the bullet did get removed in 1977 or it went thru his body.

I am kind of surpised that Sayid didn't shoot more bullets at Ben, just to be sure.

Comment

I was accidently quasi-spoilered and thought Sayid shooting young Ben could be a possibility but it was still shocking when it happened. Of course, who knows with the wacky healing powers and time travel what this means, but I'm hooked so I'll be there next week too.

I just started watching this show a few months ago and am finally caught up with the current eps!

I am curious about Claire, Rose and Bernard! I want to know what's going on with them!
                Peace, Love, and BBQ!

Comment

Claire joined her dad Christan in Jacob's cabin. I am kind of surprised she hasn't appeared again. No idea about Rose and Bernard, last we saw of them was during the flaming arrow attack this season.

Comment

Well, Claire did show up at Aaron's crib in Kate's head. Warning Kate not to bring Aaron back, which is probably why Kate left him in L.A.

Also, in "Namaste", while Christian is dropping the bomb on Sun, there appears to be a woman hiding in the shadows behind Sun in the dark cabin. Is it Claire? It might just be a production assistant, but aren't production values on a major network show much better than that? Lost seems to be the kind of program that only shows you what it wants you to see.

No big surprise when Sayid shot young Ben, because (a) last week's preview pretty much gave that away, and (b) we know that Sayid kills chickens without remorse, yo!

I wonder if this has anything to do with why Ben lays incapacitated in the Hydra in present day. I mean, he only took an oar to the head. That guy seems indestructible. Does the shooting of young Ben do have something to with present-day Ben? Maybe young Ben is only injured, not killed, and thus present-day Ben is paralyzed because of that. Or perhaps we have yet to see the consequences of the shooting of young Ben.

Best line of the episode was the title. Good to see William Sanderson. "Hi, I'm Oldham. This is my brother Darryl and my Other brother Darryl."

Comment

Well, Claire did show up at Aaron's crib in Kate's head. Warning Kate not to bring Aaron back, which is probably why Kate left him in L.A.
                      Yeah, I'm just really impatient because I wonder what's going on with her character ever since we saw her in Christian/Jacob's shack seeming all drugged out.

As for William Sanderson (who is a great character actor, IMO), I always think of him from Coal Miner's Daughter, but that's probably because I've seen that movie so many times I've lost count. I didn't recognize him at first and then it hit me! I just about jumped out of my seat.

Oh, and I loved it too when Sawyer said "He's our you." Good stuff.
                      Peace, Love, and BBQ!

Comment

Well at least tonight's episode resolved the fate of Aaron.

Kind of convienient for Richard to say that Ben will "forget the incident".

Comment

I loved Ben's expression when he regained consciousness and saw Locke sitting there in front of him, very much alive!
                          No, I'm not the Larry Price, I just happen to have the same name.

Comment

My wife and I have historically not liked Kate-centric episodes, but this one worked for us. We blogged our thoughts in detail last night. Evangeline Lilly was great. The time-travel conversation between Miles and Hurley was hilarious. The fact that our survivors are the people who created the Ben we know was brilliant. I do agree, though, that the "he won't remember anything" explanation is a cop-out. I hope it's not quite that simple... the story is much more interesting if you imagine that Ben did remember some of these people and events when he meets them "again" in 2004.

Comment

I was thinking why didn't Kate just tell Jack that Aaron was left with Claire's mother? Her of all people Jack would have understood.

Any guesses about the Other who was first on the scene to talk to James and Kate? It wasn't Charles Widmore, maybe it was Tom?

Comment

I think tonight's episode answered some questions concerning Alex and Penny. I hope Caeser didn't die from being shot by Ben.

Comment

Working...
                                X