Zanuk Lindsey

Comment

Re: Pakele Lounge live concert web stream

Originally posted by Peshkwe View Post
            Tomorrows show is going to feature
            Aaron Sala
            and
            Stephen Inglis
            'Twas a nice surprise, last week, to see Kalae Miles join Stephen onstage. Kalae has performed and taught many times up here in WA State (I've taken a number of classes from him). One of my musical compadres from up this way (himself a former musician in Honolulu) was in the audience that evening, and sent me jealousy-inducing photos from his iPhone.

Peshkwe - how often do you make it to these shows in person yourself? Please send greetings to Pali from folks here in Seattle; we're hoping he can tour this way before long.

Comment

Heh...I don't get to see any in person, I'd love to....but.... I live in Michigan, so it's the net for me.

I'll pass on your hellos and question, then maybe nudge him a bit to come say hi hizzown self.

Comment

Heh...I don't get to see any in person, I'd love to....but.... I live in Michigan, so it's the net for me.
                Oh, pshaw --- why did I not remember that? Sorry... (about my failed memory, not about you living in MI - are ya a Yooper?)

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                  Oh, pshaw --- why did I not remember that? Sorry... (about my failed memory, not about you living in MI - are ya a Yooper?)
                  Nah, I'm a troll...I live below da bridge >;-}p

I live at the knuckle of the thumb along the St.Clair river in Marine City.

Comment

troll.. heh heh.. come visit my bridge Peshy!

Aloha all.. Howzit Leo! Yeah, Kalae was awesome and I had no idea he'd be there until the show started....

I hope the boys and I can get out there too as I LOVE Seattle. We're working on a few things for Pakele, and should they go through, we'll be announcing them in a few weeks. The entire rebroadcast got delayed due to having to re-encode all the files, but we're now a few weeks away from getting them online. They'll be on www.mauitoday.tv (in the music section) with pointers to pakelelive.com and alohavideo.tv.

The one funny thing is, when we started, it was 1 camera, shooting with junky lighting, then with 2 cameras with no switching equipment, to what we have now. Kinda hard watching the old ones, but we got some great performances on there...

Aloha and all the best to you all...

P.

Comment

Originally posted by Pali View Post
                      troll.. heh heh.. come visit my bridge Peshy!

P.
                      What kinda suspension you got with that bridge....hey....if I drew it, then can make it go up and down 'cause yanno....it'd be a draw bridge.......

*ducks and runs*

Hee...I can back comb the hell out of my hair so it stands up like a troll doll too!

Maybe then I'd actually be taller than you.

Comment

Originally posted by Pali View Post
                        The one funny thing is, when we started, it was 1 camera, shooting with junky lighting, then with 2 cameras with no switching equipment, to what we have now. Kinda hard watching the old ones, but we got some great performances on there...
                        I know the feeling. With my new job, I am creating a digital archive out of old analog tapes of radio broadcasts going back into the mid-1980s. For the past month (and for the next couple), I'm dealing with a national live-performance series I produced from 1984-1995. I'm up to late 1987 at the moment, and it's been fascinating to hear the improvements in quality over the first three seasons; that also makes the necessary post-production easier as I go along.

I've also had a chance to revisit several live concert recordings I engineered twenty-plus years ago --- so far, I've been pleasantly surprised at how well they held up, considering we had some pretty funky equipment at the time.

Comment

That's SOOOOO cool! I know what you mean about live stuff.. remember that live concert series from the 70's/80's.. was it called Midnight Express?? A friend of mine had some DVDs of the stuff (guess he knew someone that had masters and they ported it over). I saw Heart's performance and Stevie Nicks and given the period this was captured-the sound was amazing. Also, I have some old Boston stuff I'd collected and the sound then was really good for when it was recorded.

P.

Comment

Midnight Special? or Night Flight?

Night Flight was the better one...lots of cool music to see and hear and cult films to watch.

Comment

Tomorrows show is going to feature

Aaron Sala

and

Stephen Inglis

I made sure that I didn't miss this one. Stephen Inglis did one of my favorite songs Makee 'Ailana. That was so cool to get a shout out from him and Kalae. I know Kalae since he used to sing for my church.

Alana
                              Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

Tomorrow's show will feature

Shaun Reyes

and

Kenneth Makuakane

Comment

Working...
                                X