Favorite SNL Moments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Favorite SNL Moments

Speaking of Joe Pesci, did anyone remember "The Bensonhurst Dating Game" with Chris Rock? That was great.

Surprise no one has mentioned "Celebrity Jeopardy"? Doesn't matter which one, they are all great. The way Sean Connery is done is hilarous.

How about the Chris Farley "The Japanese Game Show". Featuring Chris Farley, Mike Myers and Alec Baldwin.

Comment

some of these might have been mentioned before, but my votes are:

chris farley--living in a van down by the river
      kataan & the rock--mango and bigger mango. actually, i thot the rock was excellent throughout that eppy.
      coffee talk w/madonna and barbra streisand
      sarah michelle gellar doing the spice girls thing (maybe only buffy fans appreciate that one as much as i do)
      another madonna one--when wayne & garth found themselves in the "justify my love" video

i could think of more but if it think too hard, i'll confuse SNL eppies with kids in the hall eppies...*sigh*
      superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

SNL's take off of THE VIEW, its a tossup between Cameron Diaz and Claire Danes who both played Debbie Matenopolus from different skits btw who we all know got the boot from the show and she actually appeared on the skit.

Comment

Here's are some oldies. Anyone else remember them?

1. Gumby Christmas Special w/Pisco as Sinatra

2. James Brown Celebrity Hot tub

3. Men's Synchronized Swimming.

4. 60 Minutes "Counterfeit Novelty toys"

5, Jackie Rogers Jr $100,000 Jackpot Wad

A lot of them were from the SNL Film Festival.

Garry

Comment

It took awhile for me to remember this one but William Shatner's "Get a Life" convention speech was kind of funny.

Comment

The first skit that came to mind was one that was done waaaaaayyyyyy back by the original "Not Ready For Prime Time Players".

It was a courtroom skit. The situation was that the original judge got sick, so a substitute judge had to come in, and the entire courtroom treated him as if he were a substitute teacher.....meaning they were causing all kinds of trouble to him. Changing the names of the witnesses, prosecuting and defending lawyers changing places, spitting spitwads at the judge. My favorite was when someone started humming, then others started humming. Everone was looking at the new judge smiling, but the judge couldn't tell who were the ones humming and he was running around the courtroom screaming "WHO IS HUMMING?!?!?!"

Great skit. I wonder if any of you die hard fans remember it.

DD
              www.myspace.com/chrislunainstrumentals

Comment

More random faves:

1.The cheeseburger/pepsi resturaunt......

cheeseburga
                cheeseburga
                cheeseburga
                PEPSI
                cheeseburga
                cheeseburga
                cheeseburga

2. The "Sandshark" skit

I believe it was Laraine Newman gets a knock on the door and is hesitant to answer because the voice on the other end kept changing who they were.
                She knew it was a shark but opens it anyway when it tells her I am actually a dolphin

3. Gilda Radner & Candace Bergen

Candace invites her in and Gilda is talking and during the course of the skit Candace says to her about YOURE NOT SO BRIGHT ARENT YA and then on kinda loses it by laughing and Gilda still keeps it goin

4. Gilda Radner as Baba WaWa interviewing Madeline Kahn

5. Steve Martin & Dan Akroyd as those 2 and Wild n Crazy Guys!
                Was classic that they reprised their characters w/ Chris Kattan & Will Ferrell!~

6. Chevy Chase telling Jane Curtain you are an ignorant sl@t

7. Gilda's character as the little ol lady who always ends off with NEVER MIND!

Comment

Originally posted by DannyWilliams View Post
                  More random faves:
                  2. The "Sandshark" skit
                  I believe it was Laraine Newman gets a knock on the door and is hesitant to answer because the voice on the other end kept changing who they were.
                  She knew it was a shark but opens it anyway when it tells her I am actually a dolphin
                  I think thats the landshark skit. um... candygram?

The ever present Buckwheat is Dead!

The Phil Hartman sequence where one actress went into a bank and remininced about the past, and phil hartman ballroom danced with her - it wasnt a comedic role. I think it was on the 30 year anniversary episode.

Mr Robinsons Neighborhood

Im not really into blonds, but I always thought Victoria Jackson was pretty hawt =p
                  Last edited by Hellbent; May 12, 2007, 01:25 PM. Reason: i can speel
                  Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
                    I think thats the landshark skit. um... candygram?

Land Shark?

damn

Comment

Hah the Cowbell skit is classic! A random memory is Jan Hooks and Nora Dunn as the Lounge singers... I'm remembering one where Jan Hooks is screaming "LIKE A BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATERS!!!..." in Paul Simon's face..

Comment

Billy Crystal's Negro baseball film was amazing as well as Eddie Murphy's film in which he puts on make-up and acts white.

Another classic is Fernando's Hideaway with Mr. T and Hulk Hogan, these two tough guys totally lost it at the end.

This site has a lot of classic SNL moments
                        Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                        Flickr

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFLWQgSgzbk

The "Dear Sister" OC Parody

Comment

The Mr. Bill Show! OH NOOOOOOOO!!!
                            "Luke, help me take this mask off. Just for once, let me look at you with my own eyes. No, it turns the other way, Luke. To the left. No, to your left. Push down and twist. Line up the little arrows. Never mind, I'll do it."

Comment

Originally posted by modpirate View Post
                              The Mr. Bill Show! OH NOOOOOOOO!!!
                              I almost forgot about him, that was so funny.
                              Last edited by alohabear; May 13, 2007, 04:21 PM.
                              Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                              Flickr

Comment

Shimmer floor wax and dessert topping! Mmmmm delicious...and just look at that shine!

And Painful Rectal Itch Jam!
                                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
                                X