Denby Fawcett resigns from KITV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denby Fawcett resigns from KITV

According to Ian Lind's website today, Denby Fawcett has resigned from KITV News after 23 years, effective the end of this month.
    She wasn't my favorite, but I have tons of respect for what she's done over her career, including all the live reports from Vietnam back in the day.
    I assume she's retiring and not going to work somewhere else. Anyone else know anything?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Re: Denby Fawcett resigns from KITV

Denby is not the retiring type - she's in the midst of writing a book, and I'm sure will have other things to do although I doubet she'll beon any of the three news channels anytime soon. Opportunities at PBSHawaii?

Comment

I've always considered Denby to have one of the more sharper minds in the local news biz. Wasn't she the reporter who exposed Duke Aiona's hypocrisy for making PSAs encouraging people to get vaccinated, while at the same time, not following his own advice because he had private doubts about the benefits of flu vaccinations.

She would actually be an asset to any politician in need of an astute and quick-thinking spokesperson or media consultant. Goodness knows Mufi Hannemann could have used someone with her expertise in this past election. For all of the collective media experience that Carolyn Tanaka, Bill Brennan, and Sandra Sagisi have, their efforts at conducting damage control for the former mayor were less than impressive.
      This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

She probably could run for political office and win like what Bob Hogue did.

Comment

She'd do better than Houge who sided with evil. Denby is a lib minded includer, not a devide and conquere loser.
          https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Working...
          X