Off-label uses of products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: off-label uses of products

Good one, SG. I, too, use Sharpies for double-duty and have about 10 colors on hand to touch-up a scratch on a table or laminate surface, an accidental bleach spot on clothing, to change small areas of silver or brass on light fixtures to black. Endless uses, really, but I can't imagine using one around my eyes. Yikes!

Comment

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
      And speaking of Sharpies, I use a brown one to touch up scuffs on my brown shoes....and a black one for black shoes. Way easier than shoe polish.
      just recently did this with the heel of one of my black pumps. if you look at it closely, you'll see i used the sharpie to blacken the white plastic that comprises the structure of my heel under the leather or "leather" that covered it.

those of you who are frustrated by oily skin might like this tip for using milk of magnesia.
      superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Vicks for footrot

Vicks for hemhoroids

Mayonnaise for headlice

Boric acid in water for pinkeye

Fishmeds for antibiotics
        http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
        http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Went to a friend's body shop and saw on his shelf boxes of Tampax Maxi-Pads. He tells me he uses it to apply rubbing compound and polishes to the cars he paints. Plus he says the adhesive strips on the back of each pad keeps it affixed to his latex glove so it doesn't slip off as he rubs the paint.

I pour canened spaghetti sauce over chicken then roast it in an oven at 350-deg for 35 minutes and get a pretty good chicken marinara. That's one great way to use the cheapest Del Monte canned spaghetti sauce when it goes on sale for a $1.29. I like the Garlic & Herb sauce. It's a simple, fast and effective way to make a great roasted chicken dinner on the fly. For added flavor I sprinkle brown sugar, oregano, crushed garlic, black pepper and parsely on top then roast. If you use a deep roasting pan I add some whole potatoes or even sweet potatoes (poke em with a fork to release the steam) on the side and stick the entire pan in the oven. Just over half an hour later you have roasted marinara chicken, potatoes and whatever other vegetables you can add (carrots, brocolli, etc...) and one pan to wash.
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
            Went to a friend's body shop and saw on his shelf boxes of Tampax Maxi-Pads. He tells me he uses it to apply rubbing compound and polishes to the cars he paints. Plus he says the adhesive strips on the back of each pad keeps it affixed to his latex glove so it doesn't slip off as he rubs the paint.

I pour canened spaghetti sauce over chicken then roast it in an oven at 350-deg for 35 minutes and get a pretty good chicken marinara.[...]
            Craig...that's still using a food product as food. Now...if your friend used the spaghetti sauce as rubbing compound applied with maxi-pads...then you have a true off-label use!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
              Craig...that's still using a food product as food. Now...if your friend used the spaghetti sauce as rubbing compound applied with maxi-pads...then you have a true off-label use!
              I was thinking the opposite but then seeing tomato sauce on maxi-pads didn't sit too well for me.
              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                Good one, SG. I, too, use Sharpies for double-duty and have about 10 colors on hand to touch-up a scratch on a table or laminate surface, an accidental bleach spot on clothing, to change small areas of silver or brass on light fixtures to black. Endless uses, really, but I can't imagine using one around my eyes. Yikes!
                my mother in-law's gentleman friend used a black magic marker (i'm pretty sure it was a sharpie) on his mustache for my wedding cause he wanted to cover the grays... His elevator doesn't exactly go to the top floor. It looked blue...
                -kp!

Comment

Originally posted by Kungpao View Post
                  my mother in-law's gentleman friend used a black magic marker (i'm pretty sure it was a sharpie) on his mustache for my wedding cause he wanted to cover the grays... His elevator doesn't exactly go to the top floor. It looked blue...
                  Too funny! Maybe he was just color blind!

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
                    those of you who are frustrated by oily skin might like this tip for using milk of magnesia.
                    this tip totally works! my skin is only half as oily at midday as it would normally be if i use a cotton ball to swab a light layer of MoM on my face post-moisturizer and pre-primer. i've been using MoM every day over the last two weeks, so i know it's not a fluke. i haven't had to whip out the blotter paper or powder anywhere near as much as i'd expect, especially given how humid it's been lately. i wish i knew about this off-label use sooner bcs i've spent gads of money on various low- and high-end oil control products. it hasn't caused any breakouts, either. i'm pretty close to convincing eric to use it daily too, since the MoM, properly applied, is totally invisible.
                    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Working...
                    X