Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheBus news

Big new buses pulled off road
    O'ahu Transit Services pulled 10 hybrid electric-diesel buses out of service this week following an engine fire in one of the buses on Tuesday, the third fire in the past year on the fuel-efficient buses....

... [Mufi] Hannemann said the route was operating at about one-third of capacity and estimated that it had cost the city about $2 million to operate in the initial months of service.

Hannemann said the new buses also were disappointing because they do not climb hills efficiently, so couldn't handle routes such as the trans-Ko'olau trek to Windward O'ahu.
    And

City bus driver accused in attempted sex assault

Police arrested a city bus driver Wednesday as a suspect in the attempted sexual assault of a 15-year-old boy who was a passenger on the bus.

Police said the alleged incident took place between 4 and 6 p.m. Oct. 2 in Pearl City.
    What is happening to TheBus?
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: TheBus news

oh, man...i used to ride the bus to school from HI Kai by myself for years, when i turned 7 and my sister moved on to high school...that was back in the day of the 10-cent fare...i'm just glad feliciano vea wasn't driving my route back then...

i've always maintained that TheBus is a fine City operation (driver strikes and pedophile drivers notwithstanding), one of the few City operations that can realistically be called successful...but drivers sexually assaulting children? you can't get publicity worse than that...
    Don't be mean,
    try to help.

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456
      A lack of security on the bus and responsibility on the job, I'll bet.

Comment

Originally posted by jdub
        oh, man...i used to ride the bus to school from HI Kai by myself for years, when i turned 7 and my sister moved on to high school...that was back in the day of the 10-cent fare...i'm just glad feliciano vea wasn't driving my route back then...

i've always maintained that TheBus is a fine City operation (driver strikes and pedophile drivers notwithstanding), one of the few City operations that can realistically be called successful...but drivers sexually assaulting children? you can't get publicity worse than that...
        And people thought it was bad when priests were doing that...

Comment

Originally posted by jdub
          oh, man...i used to ride the bus to school from HI Kai by myself for years, when i turned 7 and my sister moved on to high school...that was back in the day of the 10-cent fare...
          I remember the 10 cent fare but I no remember Hawaii Kai back then. Beyond Kaimuki and Fort Shafter was considered "country" those days.

Comment

I still ride the bus, occasionally. I never have a problem with them except for once when the bus had to pull over and restart on its way over the Pali.
            backwoodlessons2

Comment

We've had several problems.

One time we were riding to the north shore and this weird skanky woman was driving. She was very rude to the passengers and for most of the trip she was arguing loudly on her cell phone with what appeared to be her boyfriend or husband. I couldn't believe it. Passengers aren't allowed to distract the drivers by talking to them, but this beotch was just a hazard! Everyone on The Bus applauded when she finally pulled over and the new driver got on to start his shift.

Another time, we were trying to find a little music store which turned out to be just a few blocks from the end of the line, and this jackass driver directs us across the street to another bus that took us in the opposite direction for three hours.

The passive-aggressive attitude is really something and it gets pretty creepy. I mean really, why so angry? Aren't the drivers paid a half way decent wage? And why are they so poorly trained?

I realize that tourists are hated and their dollars are loved, but these drivers really suck and someone should call a staff meeting or something to explain the definition of customer service to these dim bulbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Lalalinder
                We've had several problems.

One time we were riding to the north shore and this weird skanky woman was driving. She was very rude to the passengers and for most of the trip she was arguing loudly on her cell phone with what appeared to be her boyfriend or husband. I couldn't believe it. Passengers aren't allowed to distract the drivers by talking to them, but this beotch was just a hazard! Everyone on The Bus applauded when she finally pulled over and the new driver got on to start his shift.

Another time, we were trying to find a little music store which turned out to be just a few blocks from the end of the line, and this jackass driver directs us across the street to another bus that took us in the opposite direction for three hours.

The passive-aggressive attitude is really something and it gets pretty creepy. I mean really, why so angry? Aren't the drivers paid a half way decent wage? And why are they so poorly trained?

I realize that tourists are hated and their dollars are loved, but these drivers really suck and someone should call a staff meeting or something to explain the definition of customer service to these dim bulbs.
                I guess you can't catch every bad driver, but so far, I didn't get any. And why do they have cell phones anyway? Don't they have those radio/phone things in the bus to communicate with dispatch if anything goes wrong?

But its glad to see that the 10 hybrids didn't effect the bus schedule (yet) and hopefully they can fix those and get them back up and running.

Comment

I guess you can't catch every bad driver, but so far, I didn't get any. And why do they have cell phones anyway? Don't they have those radio/phone things in the bus to communicate with dispatch if anything goes wrong?

But its glad to see that the 10 hybrids didn't effect the bus schedule (yet) and hopefully they can fix those and get them back up and running.
                  It was her personal cell phone and I was appalled at her lack of concern for the safety of the passengers in addition to her stupidity and rudeness.

not all of the drivers we had were bad, most of them were very professional. It just seems that an inordinate number of them need to find employment elsewhere.

Comment

One thing that worries me though is that I have seen busdrivers talk on their cell phones while driving. If it were a car I would have no problem, however in a bus without power steering...
                    backwoodlessons2

Comment

Originally posted by backwoodlessons2
                      One thing that worries me though is that I have seen busdrivers talk on their cell phones while driving. If it were a car I would have no problem, however in a bus without power steering...
                      Yeah. Some drivers has that knob on the steering wheel, and sometimes they trust on that too much. But atleast you can see the talking on their cell, if they have a handsfree kit and use that, you might think that they're lolo.

Comment

Let me guess, OTS isn't putting back those 10 buses on the road indefinately, or not for another month?

Its been almost a month since those hybrids has been down and off the roads, and unless they want us to be put into sardine cans, then they better bring more HC buses during the peak ours. Almost every bus I take is full, or will be full within the next few bus stops.

Comment

Yesterday I had the first rude bus driver that I have seen. I have been riding the bus only a few weeks.

A man was crossing the street, running toward the bus I was on as the bus approached the stop. He signaled the bus driver. IF the bus had stopped, the man would have been there at the exact time it stopped......meaning that the bus driver would not have had to wait for this man that wanted to board the bus. I realize that the driver does not have to stop if the person is not on top of the bus stop. However, this bus driver could have picked this person up. The driver chose not to. I said, "Wow." I always smile and say good morning to the drivers and thank them when I get off. Yesterday I did not say thank you to that bus driver.

The driver's I have ask questions to have all been very nice and they all have given me the information I was asking them about.

Comment

Swan, Take down the Bus Number, the time, what happened, the description of the bus driver and report the incident to The Bus Company. There's to many people who are only to happy to be taking a job position with benefits and the pay with The Bus Company...unfortunately, many who work there, forget the hard times that they felt when had the strike almost two years ago.

Bus Drivers: Treat your customers with respect and with manners. You never know who is watching!

Auntie Lynn
                            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I totally agree with you Aunty. How quickly one forgets!!!
                              bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

Working...
                              X