This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limited Honolulu rail transit service to start in Fall 2020

According to the August 10, 2019 Honolulu Star-Advertiser, HART is planning to start a limited rail service sometime in October 2020 that will cover the Kapolei to Pearlridge section of the HART line. According to the HART's website that is 8 stations in the line (out of the planned 21 stations in the line).

Hopefully the line can be extend to Aloha Stadium (the next station in the line) in one to two months after that.

Re: Limited HART service to start in Fall 2020

A few concerns, Helen:

1. Why isn't this comment posted to the Rail Transit thread?

2. HART service is NOT scheduled to "start service," but per your article, HART CEO Andrew Robbins did announce that the Honolulu Rail Transit project will open for limited service in Fall 2020.

3. The Honolulu Authority for Rapid Transportation (HART) entity may soon NOT EXIST due to several members of the Honolulu City Council suggesting they eliminate the HART board and take over all of its functions.

4. As such may I suggest that all threads that have the term "HART" in the subject line be limited in scope to the HART board itself — and NOT rail transit — which may exist with or without HART?

Mahalo!
    Last edited by TuNnL; August 12, 2019, 01:24 AM. Reason: accuracy

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
    USA TODAY, page 2A
    11 March 1993

Comment

Re: Limited Honolulu rail transit service to start in Fall 2020

I had the impression that HART was the proper name of the rail transit service, it seems at this point in time it doesn't have one like the other mass transit systems like TheBus, Hele-on Bus, BART, or Caltrain as examples.

I already renamed the title of this thread to reflect this.

As far as making this as a separate thread, I figured that the announcement of this limited service that should in theory start in about 14 to 15 months from now should warrant it's own thread. I suspect that during this time there might be more news or status updates about the limited rail service which might have a different tone or theme from the original thread that simply asked:

Originally posted by Rickyrab View Post
      What's up with that proposal?

Comment

Hot Rod HARTS
        Out on the Dillingham Boulevard tonight
        Here come those hungry sharks
        Up from the bottom for another bite

Comment

Been reading an article or two in the Honolulu Star-Advertiser this past week (between 01/27/20 to 02/02/20) that mentions the following:

HART is building the rail.
          The City & County of Honolulu (or I guess some organization under the City & County) will be operating the rail after it passes safety checks.

There is some confusion as to when in the Fall of 2020 the rail will have a limited service. It might get pushed into 2021.

Comment

Working...
          X