TheBus news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TheBus news

You can keep your arthritis because I have it too, but being 48-years old and able to stand without aid doesn't make me look handicapped at all, but arthritic joints allow for some major pain everytime the bus would hit a pothole.

With developing arthritis in the rest of my joints, riding the bus was not an option for me anymore. People would give me the stink eye if I didn't give up my seat only to think twice when I would hobble off the bus at my destination. It's not easy being younger and arthritic. People judge you as healthy until they see the pain in your eyes as you go on with your life.

I'm borderline handicapped but not enough to be labelled one. That plus being in the Gap Group made for a very difficult time for me to get any subsidy support from the State of Hawaii or C&C of Honolulu. I walk past the handicapped seats and paid full fare while standing in pain. No joy for this bus rider.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Anyone with mobility problems can get a form signed by their Doctor and then apply for a disability bus pass. That was what I did a few years ago when it became apparent to me that to continue riding the bus, I would have to "bite the bullet" with my pride and finally admit that I have physical problems. and the bus is my only transportation option for day to day affairs - I don't drive.

It is hard when I see someone sitting in the front seats who LOOKS healthy & strong, especially if they are younger. You are correct - we can't always tell by appearances who has a problem and who doesn't. With me it's easy now - I walk with a cane.

I appreciate your comments on your feelings while riding the bus.
      "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Maybe we should get doubledecker buses. The whole bottom deck can be made for seniors and disability. The upper is for everyone else. And only the bottom is allowed for standing if one doesn't mind standing? That's also doubling the capacity of a bus without having to expand a bus's footprint on the road (vs an articulated bus) and it's still one driver.

Comment

Trouble is with double decker buses is that they might not go under overpasses very well.

Comment

Well kids, today's episode of 'Riding The Bus' will have to wait for the statute of limitations to run out.

Next week we hear, "So Ron, what happened to that jerk that stepped on both sets of your toes and wouldn't appologize?"

Tune in.
            Last edited by Ron Whitfield; May 8, 2008, 09:27 AM.
            https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Yesterday I got to watch two private school students snuggle, nuzzle and fondle right in front of me in the back doorway as I sat in the seat that's right there, elevated to have some pretty good scope of who and what is on theBus. Yech. I don't bother looking away. Why should I? It's pretty much performance art, right up there with teens learning new cuss words. Can't ask minors to get a room, right? Thank goodness I can surf the Web on my iPhone. I guess I could take a photo with it and send it to the school. Hmmmm.
              Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
                Yesterday I got to watch two private school students snuggle, nuzzle and fondle right in front of me in the back doorway as I sat in the seat that's right there, elevated to have some pretty good scope of who and what is on theBus. Yech. I don't bother looking away. Why should I? It's pretty much performance art, right up there with teens learning new cuss words. Can't ask minors to get a room, right? Thank goodness I can surf the Web on my iPhone. I guess I could take a photo with it and send it to the school. Hmmmm.
                Should have just said outloud while pointing the iPhone at them, "This will be great on youtube!!!!".

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
                  I would take out my camera phone and start taking pictures telling them it'll be on youtube tonight synced to some slutty music, and to type in the keywords, "isthisyourkidonthebus". It would stay there for eternity for public viewing (hey isn't that what they want?) even on their wedding anniversary when they're married to someone else who would happen to see it later on in life but didn't sign a prenuptual agreement.

Yeah do unscrupulous acts in public in your youth, pay for it later on when during your job interview with that killer job it is known that it was you that stuck your tongue in the interviewer's wife.
                  Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                    Trouble is with double decker buses is that they might not go under overpasses very well.

Here's a double-decker bus, the Deuce, used in Las Vegas. They looked pretty cute.
                    Attached Files
                    Born in Hawaii, too - Truss me

Comment

Originally posted by Palama Kid View Post
                      Here's a double-decker bus, the Deuce, used in Las Vegas. They looked pretty cute.
                      Hard to say but it doesn't appear to be much taller than a big rig?

Comment

Originally posted by joshuatree View Post
                        Hard to say but it doesn't appear to be much taller than a big rig?
                        Sounds about right.

Here's another pitcher. Through the front entrance door, you can see a passenger (in a white sweater?) standing up on the lower level.
                        Attached Files
                        Born in Hawaii, too - Truss me

Comment

Re: The Bus's new HEA system

hi my apologie's to our mod only since their's no thread on the bus system,

i wish to share that so far our bus fare is still at $2.50 and not any higher and my mom thought when she saw the fare's of last year from the pamphlet for the bus she taught it was at $2.25 so i shared my thought's on looking at this year's pamphlet and she did and it was at $2.25 so i thought to share this with everyone.

well thank's for your time

Comment

Originally posted by sansei View Post
                            i wish to share that so far our bus fare is still at $2.50 and not any higher and my mom thought when she saw the fare's of last year from the pamphlet for the bus she taught it was at $2.25
                            Thank you Mr. Mayor for the fare increase.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                              Thank you Mr. Mayor for the fare increase.
                              Thank you oil conglomerates for record profits.
                              Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2019/0...-changed-oahu/

Be prepared. But mostly the windward side.

Comment

Working...
                                X