Hurricane Daniel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurricane Daniel

Other than some windier than normal conditions around this Friday, it looks like we'll be spared the brunt of it...so far. Ca-ca happens so have those hurricane kits standing by!

Re: Hurricane Daniel

Susie's disaster preparedness thread might come in handy.

Teeheehardeeharharhar.
    Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
    We're not here to mess around
    Boston, you know we love you madly
    Hear the crowd roar to your sound
    Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
    You know we couldn't live without you
    Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

I guess I need to re-stock up on those Gatorade bottles.

Comment

Hurricane Daniel

Time to start paying at least some attention to Hurricane Daniel. See the NOAA page about it at this link. Charts, advisories, etc.
        Expected to downgrade to a tropical storm by the time it gets here late Thursday but we could still see winds at 50 to 75mph and higher gusts. Daniel is currently tracking due west. If it stayed on that course it would go just south of us, but it's predicted to curve a little north of west over the next couple of days, taking dead aim on us.
        Biggest problem is that there's no upper level wind shear to knock the top off of Daniel and weaken it, as usually happens to most hurricanes headed our way.
        Too soon to go into panic mode, but time to at least pay attention.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Weird to see a hurricane with my name (my full given name anyway) heading for the islands...!

I didn't do it!

Comment

Guess we better expect a run on bottled water and toilet paper at Costco!

KGMB, Hawaii's "Severe Weather Station," meanwhile, seemed positively giddy last night at the possibility of having some severe weather to report. "Are we in danger? How prepared are you? Ooooeeeeooo!"

Okay, they didn't really say "Ooooeeeeooo!" But they were thinking it.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
              Guess we better expect a run on bottled water and toilet paper at Costco!

KGMB, Hawaii's "Severe Weather Station," meanwhile, seemed positively giddy last night at the possibility of having some severe weather to report. "Are we in danger? How prepared are you? Ooooeeeeooo!"

Okay, they didn't really say "Ooooeeeeooo!" But they were thinking it.
              Don't forget the Spam, rice and canned sardines!

Miulang
              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
              X