Horse Picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horse Picture

My son and daughter in law saw a painting of a horse when they where out to dinner on the big island. It had a blaze, which was in the shape of the Islands...They do not remember the restr. Name. But if anyone has seen a painting like this I am trying desperately to find it...Mahalo
    Malolo

Re: Horse Picture

Check with Patrick Ching at Naturally Hawaiian in Waimanalo.
    If he didn't paint it, he would probably know who did.

Pat is a realistic artist par excellance, loves horses, and has painted more than a few.

http://www.patrickchingart.com/
    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

It turns out it was not Patrick Ching that did the painting, but he really went above and beyond to try and find out who did. It turns out that the painting was in Huli Sue's in Waimea, but is not there now. That the artist was from Kona and painted other animals like Honu with Hawaii Islands in them. So I am no further than I was. But much more steeped in Aloha Spirit for all that everyone has done for me...Mahalo a hui hou

Comment

Still no luck...We traced it to Hui Sue's and it seems someone took the painting home. And he is out of the country. The artist also did a painting of Sea Turtles with the islands on their shell. I have searched for hours on line for either with no luck....Found a child's rendering, but that is it. I am turning it over to the Honu Gods.

Comment

Originally posted by Malolo View Post
          My son and daughter in law saw a painting of a horse when they where out to dinner on the big island. It had a blaze, which was in the shape of the Islands...They do not remember the restr. Name. But if anyone has seen a painting like this I am trying desperately to find it...Mahalo
          Malolo
          FWIW - a 'blaze' is considered to be a continuous white stripe down a horces face; if it is in the shape of the Hawaiian Islands it would be considered (by horse people) to be called an 'interrupted stripe.'

I found some photos of interesting stripes, but none like Hawaii. Perhaps the different terminology may help your search efforts.
          Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
          ~ ~
          Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
          Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
          Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

I google image'd many ideas but didn't come up with it. From a true interest to see the painting! Oh well...
            Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Working...
            X