Go Back   HawaiiThreads.com > Ka Nohona > The Laboratory
FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Search Latest Posts Mark Forums Read

Old July 29th, 2009, 02:04 AM
Ali`i

Default Re: Swine Flu

You can watch it all happening live, right here...

http://www.flutrackers.com/forum/index.php
Old July 29th, 2009, 01:46 PM
Ali`i

Quote:
Originally Posted by anapuni808 View Post
KGMB 10pm news reported tonite that the Health Department says that if anyone comes down with flu now, it is most likely H1N1 flu. It is apparently most of the cases now here in Hawaii. That's kind of scary
this is not expected, and in fact, it makes sense because:

1. there wouldn't normally be, and there isn't, a lot of regular flu at this time of year;

2. lack of vigilance has caused people not to stay home if they're sick, and not to be more mindful of basic infection control practices when they're out and about (see my post # above)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobinator View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by surlygirly View Post
Wow- that is out there. This has been planned since 1976? Our own government is plotting to kill us? My question- WHY? What's the point? Who will pay taxes after they knock off the majority of the population? I haven't decided about the vaccination yet, but I can say with certainty that I was given all my shots as a child and I turned out fine. But that is not the topic here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Lakio View Post
I'm glad to know that the truth will come to us via the Pakistan Daily Press News Agency.
nor am i one to get the truth from jenny mccarthy and her ilk. the whole "vaccine conspiracy" issue was one i made my stance upon very insistently clear and for which i provided authoritative, reliable sources.

can vaccines cause autism?

the question was examined here.

three federal judges answered.

Quote:
At one point in testimony, a University of Virginia pediatric neurologist named Robert Rust tried to explain the dogged persistence of the vaccines-cause-autism theory. The believers have many data points at their fingertips, thanks to the Internet. Rust compared them to Tycho Brahe, the 16th-century astronomer who convinced his contemporaries that the sun revolved around the Earth. Frustrated parents and scientists who have long rejected the vaccine-autism connection frequently return to that analogy. Alison Singer quit her leadership position in the charity Autism Speaks because she tired of its demand for more vaccine studies. "The question has been asked and answered and it's time to move on," she told Newsweek last month. "We need to be able to say, 'Yes, we are now satisfied that the earth is round.' "
there you have it folks. people who insist on believing that vaccines are the root of autism are like people who believe the sun goes around the earth.

to get back to H1N1, here is some expert (not whacko) discussion about the upcoming vaccine and the rationale for putting pregnant women at the second-to-top of list for vaccinations.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213
Old July 29th, 2009, 03:22 PM
Ali`i

In any case....if you are pregnant, don't mess with this and go and get yourself some Tamiflu within the first 48 hours or you may not live to tell the tale. So far, the death rate from pregnant women who have caught the flu is 11%.
Old July 29th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Kumu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieMisajon View Post
You may or may not be right, but I'm sure that the Spanish Flu and the Great Plague, among others, had no political agenda.
Perhaps not, but the fact that we're following the same pattern and using much of the same ingredients that caused more deaths from the vaccine is inexcusable.

Here's a couple more articles to consider-

WHO recommends mandatory vaccination-
http://www.naturalnews.com/026723_he...ne_system.html

U.S. planning to use military for vaccination program-
http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/07/28/mil...rss_topstories

WHO's secret agenda to enforce vaccinations
http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.p...t=va&aid=14475

In response to Surlygurly's questions, I encourage everyone to watch this interview with Aaron Russo. Russo was a successful Hollywood producer who was approached by Nicholas Rockefeller to join the Council of Foreign Relations. In the process, Rockefeller spilled the beans about what the CFR/New World Order people were planning for the world in the near future. Russo declined, not wanting to have any part of it. A very chilling account.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGAaPjqdbgQ
Old July 30th, 2009, 04:47 PM
Ali`i

Teensy reminder...

http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showthr...ighlight=preps
Old August 2nd, 2009, 07:58 PM
Ali`i

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...=rss_localnews

Is two better than one?
Two shots, beat as one.

Last edited by Walkoff Balk; August 2nd, 2009 at 08:01 PM. Reason: add
Old September 9th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Kumu

Default Alternative News on Swine Flu Vaccine

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...u-Vaccine.aspx
Old October 12th, 2009, 09:53 PM
Ali`i

So I'm at the doctor now to get a note for work. I felt crappy this morning. After sitting here for half an hour, I discover that the two kids in the waiting room have Swine Flu! And practically the entire middle school population of the surrounding area has been through today.

There's a huge sign telling patients with flu symptoms to wear masks, but these kids weren't. So now I've been exposed. I know the mask won't prevent it completely, but it's better than them hacking all over me. Aaarrgh!!!

Can't think of anything creative this time

Old October 12th, 2009, 10:11 PM
Ali`i

So....I've always wondered if it was a good idea to put a pharmacy inside a supermarket. You've got a mix of sick people getting their prescriptions sitting near the produce section where the food is not wrapped or protected from sick people.
Old October 13th, 2009, 03:23 AM
sansei

Red face Re: Swine Flu

when the swine flu shot's are here,when it's the time to get one,i'll be one who will get my shot and im hoping hmsa will take care of this one as they did with the original flu shot.

Well thank's for your time
Old October 13th, 2009, 03:51 AM
Ali`i

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigwatanabe View Post
So....I've always wondered if it was a good idea to put a pharmacy inside a supermarket. You've got a mix of sick people getting their prescriptions sitting near the produce section where the food is not wrapped or protected from sick people.
Safeway Beretania's pharm isn't next to the produce section but it is in that half of the store and one does not have to go near the produce section to get to the window! There's also a small waiting area that's kind of isolated. I wish the supermarket pharms had drive up windows. Actually, I wish all pharms had drive up windows! I switched my rx's to Safeway due to the convenience of grocery shopping while I'm there. The ol' 'kill 2 birds with one stone' mindset! Of course, that's probably why the pharm is at the back of the store!

Now that I think about it, a more appropriate location within that store would be the front corner where the small florist shop is, with it's own, separate entrance plus one from within the store. That seems more hygenic now that I think about it!
Old October 13th, 2009, 05:41 AM
Ali`i

Quote:
Originally Posted by surlygirly View Post
So I'm at the doctor now to get a note for work. I felt crappy this morning. After sitting here for half an hour, I discover that the two kids in the waiting room have Swine Flu! And practically the entire middle school population of the surrounding area has been through today.

There's a huge sign telling patients with flu symptoms to wear masks, but these kids weren't. So now I've been exposed. I know the mask won't prevent it completely, but it's better than them hacking all over me. Aaarrgh!!!
SG - I think we've already had this discussion about folks who don't believe in following the rules. (Stairway to Heaven anyone?) But, that's beside the point. You had the option of telling the receptionist you would wait in the hall til you were called if you didn't want to be near those kids. and please keep in mind that some of those kids you're complaining about may get very sick and end up a statistic. Young people are said to be the most vulnerable to H1N1. Please try to be a little more patient with others. It's a pretty disturbing time right now and nobody really knows how serious this flu may get.

also, if you already know for sure that the 2 kids have H1N1, that means they have already been diagnosed and are probably on the way to recovering so you weren't exposed to anything except maybe the regular flu (which is scary too). and if they had been confirmed with H1N1, I don't think they would have been sitting in the reception area with people who did not have the disease. They would most likely have been isolated from everyone else.

But - I hope you have gotten vaccinated so that you'll be less likely to get sick. Take care of yourself!

Last edited by anapuni808; October 13th, 2009 at 05:46 AM.
Old October 13th, 2009, 04:36 PM
Ali`i

Quote:
SG - I think we've already had this discussion about folks who don't believe in following the rules. (Stairway to Heaven anyone?)
Wow, so its true! An elephant never forgets!
Old October 13th, 2009, 04:40 PM
Ali`i

H1N1 = Yawn. More people die every day from malnutrition and starvation, and ya dont see anybody getting too worked up over that. Wake me up when a food shot becomes available.
Old October 13th, 2009, 04:42 PM
Ali`i

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlegirl View Post
There's a discussion going on in another thread about taking the high road...
Old October 13th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Ali`i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutusue View Post
There's a discussion going on in another thread about taking the high road...
Good, now Anapuni knows where to find it.
Old October 13th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Ali`i

Quote:
Good, now Anapuni knows where to find it.
That's enough!

Auntie Lynn
Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Old October 13th, 2009, 04:57 PM
Ali`i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutusue View Post
Safeway Beretania's pharm isn't next to the produce section but it is in that half of the store and one does not have to go near the produce section to get to the window! There's also a small waiting area that's kind of isolated. I wish the supermarket pharms had drive up windows. Actually, I wish all pharms had drive up windows! I switched my rx's to Safeway due to the convenience of grocery shopping while I'm there. The ol' 'kill 2 birds with one stone' mindset! Of course, that's probably why the pharm is at the back of the store!

Now that I think about it, a more appropriate location within that store would be the front corner where the small florist shop is, with it's own, separate entrance plus one from within the store. That seems more hygenic now that I think about it!
In Hilo it's next to the produce. I hope when they build the new Safeway across from Hilo Home Depot, they'll consider a drive-thru or at least put the pharmacy someplace else and not near open food sources.
Old October 13th, 2009, 07:06 PM
Ali`i

Quote:
That was uncalled for, tg.
Old October 13th, 2009, 07:12 PM
Ali`i

Quote:
(Stairway to Heaven anyone?)

Umm, actually, I think that this was uncalled for!
Old October 13th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Ali`i

Quote:
SG - I think we've already had this discussion about folks who don't believe in following the rules. (Stairway to Heaven anyone?) But, that's beside the point. You had the option of telling the receptionist you would wait in the hall til you were called if you didn't want to be near those kids. and please keep in mind that some of those kids you're complaining about may get very sick and end up a statistic. Young people are said to be the most vulnerable to H1N1. Please try to be a little more patient with others. It's a pretty disturbing time right now and nobody really knows how serious this flu may get.

also, if you already know for sure that the 2 kids have H1N1, that means they have already been diagnosed and are probably on the way to recovering so you weren't exposed to anything except maybe the regular flu (which is scary too). and if they had been confirmed with H1N1, I don't think they would have been sitting in the reception area with people who did not have the disease. They would most likely have been isolated from everyone else.

But - I hope you have gotten vaccinated so that you'll be less likely to get sick. Take care of yourself!
There wasn't a hallway accessible to me, only outside, and I didn't want to stand outside in the rain. I was more irriatated at the way the doctor's office was handling the issue, not the kids. They were out of rooms, so they took the patients individually back into the hall behind "the door", swabbed them, sent them back out into the waiting room to wait for their test results, took them back into the hall to give them their results, back to the waiting room, then back to the exam room when one freed up. If you just gave a patient that diganosis, why wouldn't you give them a mask or somewhere else to sit, rather than just sending them back to the waiting room with everyone else?

Their moms were talking to each other, which is how I found out what they had. Apparently they go to the same middle school and there were 160 kids out last week.

I'm not all that concerned about getting it (I just felt crappy last night and was more upset then), just irritated and confused with the way the doctor's office was handling the situation. Guess I won't be going there again!

Can't think of anything creative this time

Old October 13th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Ali`i

yeah - it does sound like the dr.s office wasn't doing their job to take care of ALL the patients. and I totally understand about not wanting to stand out in the rain - you were already feeling bad. Just take care & try not to get sick ok?
Old October 13th, 2009, 07:33 PM
Ali`i

Quote:
Umm, actually, I think that this was uncalled for!
You were recently wondering about personal maturity, friend. One sign is when you take responsibility for your own actions and statements, rather than hanging on to the childhood cry of "well, she hit me first."

You are better than that - and you know it. I certainly believe it to be so. (But I apologize - I'm starting to sound like I'm your dad, which we know I ain't.)
Old October 14th, 2009, 12:40 AM
Ali`i

You know you've arrived when you get to my age and get a letter from the doctor offering me a free flu jab. I rang up the reception and asked if this jab covered swine flu but nobody could tell me.
All they said was to come and get it anyway and they were even open on Saturday morninig.
I got one of those jabs this time last year and felt ill for about three days. Apparently they give you a mild dose of flu so your body learns to cope with it. Not sure if I should go or not ?
Old October 14th, 2009, 07:55 PM
Ali`i

Send a message via AIM to TuNnL Send a message via Yahoo to TuNnL
Lightbulb Re: Alternative News on Swine Flu Vaccine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobinator View Post
Hmmmm... I wonder if that has anything to do with the reason that according to CNN, New York medical professionals are protesting being required to get an H1N1 vaccine shot.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
USA TODAY, page 2A
11 March 1993