Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Egg Recall

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
    According to today's paper, Safeway is still in denial, saying that the plant number and date code must both match exactly, and none have shown up in hawaii.... you took pictures sue? I believe you B4 them!
    Yep, I have photos! If I had the appropriate cable with me, I'd upload the photo. My carton shows P-1686, date code 202. That said, Safeway says (via a message to me from Hawaii News Now) the recall involves only the 5 dozen packs. What I'd like to know is...what machine sorted the eggs into 5 dozen and 1 dozen packs and how did it know to put possibly tainted eggs into only the larger packs?

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
      [...]
      A friend of mine on the Big Island also found that her 2 recently purchased egg cartons, from Safeway in Kona, were stamped with an affected plant number and date code.
      I just heard from my BI friend. She took her eggs back to Safeway and was told the date code didn't match exactly to the plant #. She kept the eggs!

Comment

Thanks for all the info. I only eat hard-boiled or well scrambled eggs that I make. No mayo or miso soup or Rocky-style egg pounding for me. So since I only eat mine cooked, I guess I didn't think about all the ways you eat them uncooked.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

we may be eating those recalled eggs someday soon. they are cracking them and pasturizing them and using them as liquid egg product for all kinds of uses....baking etc. yuck.
          the bigger the government the smaller the citizen.

Comment

http://shine.yahoo.com/shine-food/16...185900077.html

She got eggs. She knows how to use them.

Comment

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/nut...wwo?li=BBnba9O

Don't eat until you see the whites of the eggs.

Comment

One of Hawaii's largest eggs farms, Waialua Fresh, faces controversy | Business | kitv.com

Egg scent lent.

Comment

Working...
                X