This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 3

Roast pork tenderloin and a saute of zucchini and red pepper with salt, pepper and oregano. Kid one liked it. Kid two tolerated it. Sigh. Dad gets ono leftovers!
    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Last night: Three BK cheeseburgers, hold the pickles.

I was medicating with beef because I was out of Obsidian Stout.
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Hopefully chicken fried porkchops simmered in a can of Campbell Cream of Mushroom Soup, steamed broccolli and good ole white rice... as per my request to my loving wife.

Comment

Veggie sushi rolls with plenty of gari and wasabi. Oh, and a skoosh of Aloha Shoyu.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
            I was medicating with beef because I was out of Obsidian Stout.
            Medicating the body - or the soul? Hope it was the former - but I fear it was the latter.

Comment

Just a little bit of stress, but thanks for the concern. I figured out a pretty good work-around.
              But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Roasted game hens with wild rice and dried cranberries and tossed salad. Dessert was Boston Cream pie per the special request of the birthday boy.

Miulang
                "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Seared ahi and some kind of mustard sauce... haven't decided yet. Wheat bread (instead of rice), and an olive oil dip. Veg salad.

Comment

quick kine hum ha stir fry with bok choy and some app. on da side
                    bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

A slice of pepperoni/sausage pizza from Sbarro at the Ala Moana Food Court. I really wanted a steak, but decided to fill up at minimal cost this evening.
                      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

going out for sushi tonight! yippee!

Comment

A three-link Texas sausage platter, as part of The 5-Spot's "Harvest Festival" seasonal menu. Bratwurst, bockwurst, and a smoked cheese bratwurst, with bbq sauce, red potato wedges, and a kicked-up kraut. Plus lemonade.

Comment

Bacon Ultimate Cheeseburger, Ultimate Cheeseburger and a cup of fruit punch.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                              Bacon Ultimate Cheeseburger, Ultimate Cheeseburger and a cup of fruit punch.
                              I'm curious, Helen. Do you ever get fries with your burgers?
                              Just realized I couldn't recall you ever mentioning fries, that's why.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

i made my second try at risotto in the pressure cooker. this time, i made it with chardonnay, mushrooms, spicy italian sausage, fresh basil and italian parsley. the chardonnay (which we sipped through dinner) was Sterling Vintners Collection Chardonnay 2005--eric's pick. we normally prefer reds but eric couldn't resist this one for the price at safeway, where it's normally $20+ but cost $8.00 less today.

if you've never made risotto in a pressure cooker, i suggest you try! it takes only 4 minutes cooking under pressure, and in total, i spent only about 30 minutes preparing dinner. gotta say, i'm kinda proud of myself for this one. gives me hope that someday i might be as good a cook as auntie lynn!

oi! dessert is about to be neapolitan froyo (http://web.mac.com/pjganal/iWeb/FroY...0Flavors.html)! eric's bringing it....god that guy is the best thing on earth, i swear.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by cynsaligia; September 6, 2007, 10:16 PM. Reason: dernit haccome cannot hyperlink in edit form? gaaah junk i liughtweight.
                                superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Working...
                                X