"Lost" Season 2 Chapter 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Lost" Season 2 Chapter 2

Use this thread to discuss anything about Season 2 whether it relates to the storyline, speculation of upcoming episodes, behind the scenes news including production, actor, crew sitings, location spots, and ratings.

If you must reveal episodic details, be sure to use the [SPOILER] tags for at least one week after that night's episode airs. There are people who put the program on their DVR, Tivo or videotape for viewing later.

Discussion of arrests regarding "Lost" actresses is taking place at this link:

http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showthread.php?t=7165

The start of this thread officially closes the "Lost Season 2" thread which has gone for more than 230 posts. Thank you for your participation.

The start of the second half of Season 2 is slated to begin on January 11, 2006. The program wrapped the first half of Season 2 on November 30. It has been a constant ratings winner, often ending up in the top 5 most watched programs this season according to AC Nielsen.

Additional information on "Lost" can be found here:

ABC TV's Official "Lost" website

Ryan & Jen's The Transmission A fan podcast devoted to ABC's hit televison series "Lost"

Related Threads:

"Lost" Season 2
    "Lost" The First Season DVD
    "Lost" on ABC Chapter 2 (Season 1)
    "Lost" Speculation for Season 2
    "Lost" May Be Moving
    "Lost" on ABC (Season 1)

Please note that some of the older threads are closed, but may contain posts and links that may be of interest to readers. Please note that links mentioned in older posts may go stale over time and not work.

Enjoy the topic and program!
    Last edited by mel; December 3, 2005, 07:18 PM. Reason: finish this up
    I'm still here. Are you?

Re: "Lost" Season 2 Chapter 2

There is a news feature article on actor Josh Holloway in today's Honolulu Advertiser edition.

Fame's a breeze for Josh Holloway

Holloway is eager for the character to recover from his gunshot wound and take on meatier scenes. He has been frustrated by being limited to brief scenes in a makeshift stretcher. "You show up motivated and alive and ready to work," he explains. "And as an actor, you want to work all the time."

Sawyer emerged more prominently in the Nov. 30 episode, when the Sawyer/Kate/Jack love triangle intensifies. That's something, co-star Lilly says, "that fans have been waiting a long time for."
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Do you think Kate was hallucinating when Sawyer said, "Why did you kill me?" or that it really happened and he was "possessed" so to say? Also are Locke and Eko and Bernard and Rose another use of the black and white thing going on in the show??? Gotta love Lost, soooo many questions!

Also, I just wanted to say to Ryan & Jen that I subscribed to The Transmission. It really is brilliant. My husband and I are both addicted. Been listening to it for a while now.
      I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

It looks like they are filming a "flashback" scene at a house on the corner of Vancouver Dr. and Hunnewell St. in Manoa near UH. I was walking back from class and noticed a lot trailers parked along Metcalf St and along Vancouver Dr. I didn't see any actors/actresses but I did see their chairs with "Lost" on the back and as I walked by heard yell, "Rolling!" Exciting!
        Arturo.

Comment

Re: "Lost" Season 2 - Chapter 2

Originally posted by arturo_h
          It looks like they are filming a "flashback" scene at a house on the corner of Vancouver Dr. and Hunnewell St. in Manoa near UH.
          Cool! Guess they're back in business. It seemed like things had gotten quiet since the shoots for "Collision" and "What Kate Did." Pity I won't be able to sneak over today for a look-see...

Originally posted by LeiKaina
          Do you think Kate was hallucinating when Sawyer said, "Why did you kill me?" or that it really happened and he was "possessed" so to say?
          I think it really happened, but I don't think he was posessed by Wayne, either. I imagine his flashback, due in February, will show us exactly why he said what he did. Perhaps he finally does meet up with the real Sawyer!

Also, I just wanted to say to Ryan & Jen that I subscribed to The Transmission. It really is brilliant. My husband and I are both addicted. Been listening to it for a while now.
          Aw, thanks! It's been a heck of a ride. The feedback has been amazing, as has been the level of passion and attention to detail from fans around the world. Our last show, we weren't as enthusiastic about "What Kate Did" as we probably should have been, and I really think some folks were bummed! We'll have to revisit it on our upcoming show.

Comment

They replayed the Jin/Sun flashback episode this week (12/14/05). I am kind of wondering when Michael makes the 2nd attempt to get back Walt, will he go it alone or will he accept help? I figure Jin would join in, as well as Sawyer if he is well enough to do it and Locke. The possibilty of Kate, Eko, Ana-Lucia or Sayid joining in would be high.

Comment

No Lost next week (1/4) due to the Rose Bowl. However the week after that (on 1/11) will have a two hour special.

Comment

It's a one-hour "special," basically a recap of the last one and a half seasons. Titled "Lost: Revelations," it's going to combine Season 1 and the Tailies episodes of Season 2 and show them mixed together.

After that, in the regular timeslot, is the first new episode in six weeks.

Details (for those who like to be spoiled) here.

Comment

I'm going through serious withdrawl. 6 weeks was nearly as hard as my wait for season 2 to see what was in the damn hatch already. I shall venture over to iTunes to see if Ryan and Jen put out a new podcast which I'm sure they have by now. It's been a while since I checked.

*goes to get some sort of Lost fix*
                  I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

I shall venture over to iTunes to see if Ryan and Jen put out a new podcast which I'm sure they have by now. It's been a while since I checked.
                    Our last show was the "Theorycast" -- it was a big sucker, and damn near killed me. Things have been nuts lately, but we're hoping for one more "hiatuscast" before our long-awaited next new episode next Wednesday.

Several "Lost" podcasts are part of the Lost Podcasting Network, which I set up with the support of other geeks like us. Altogether, there've been easily a dozen different shows from different "Lost" podcasters since "What Kate Did." Definitely a good way to get your fix during any long break.

Comment

Well. That was something. Very good episode. I can almost forgive the six-week hiatus.

Yet another sharp turn into classic sci-fi territory. As long as they also keep developing the characters, I really don't mind where else the mysteries and clues lead.

Mr. Eko is a great character. And Adewale is clearly a top-notch actor. In one episode, we see grace and wisdom, we see rage and mercilessness, and we even see confusion, fear, and sorrow.

So anyone familiar with the locations for Nigeria? Apart from the Dillingham Air Field, of course? I didn't recognize the church, or the village where the episode opens. Waipahu? Waialua?

Comment

How can it be within this community that it's been nearly 12 hours since the first new episode in six weeks aired last night, and there are no posts about it???

<Spoiler alert>

No discussion about our first peek at the mysterious "big bad" of the show after 1 1/2 seasons and it's..... a cloud of smoke???

Nothing about the backstory of Mr. Eko??? Does he say he's a priest because of the papers his brother signed, or because he feels "reborn" as a man of God?

Nothing about the revelation of Charlie's stash, after I was certain he was going to throw the "last" statue into the burning plane?

Finally, no guesses as to the message that Michael received that began something like "You need to con....." (Can't believe I deleted the ep off my Tivo before I went back to check that!!!)

C'mon people, where's the love?

Comment

Re: &quot;Lost&quot; Season 2 Chapter 2

From the 1/11/06 episode:
                          1. While there is a link between Mr. Eko and the Beachcraft it still does not explain how the plane got there and how Mr. Eko ended up on Oceanic 815.
                          2. That the island's monster is some sort of black cloud that likes to uproot trees.
                          3. Charlie has a hidden stash of those statues.

Comment

Ah, good ol' Ryan. I should have known you were posting just as I composed mine....

So anyone familiar with the locations for Nigeria? Apart from the Dillingham Air Field, of course? I didn't recognize the church, or the village where the episode opens. Waipahu? Waialua?
                            That was my first guess too, but my Waipahu Girl wife didn't think so. She thought maybe Waialua.

Comment

It's Waialua by the Old Sugar Mill. You can see the stack in some shots.
                              just started: mililaniblog.com

Comment

Working...
                              X