May 21 2011, Doomsday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May 21 2011, Doomsday?

Some Christian screwballs are predicting that today, May 21, is prophesied to be the end of the world and the time for the "rapture." Well, if it is, I hope that there are the 18 virgins waiting for me in heaven as prophesied in the Koran.

It's been nice knowing you all.
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Re: May 21, Doomsday?

A book from college comes to mind, "When Prophecy Fails" with case studies of the MANY end time ministries of the 19th century and how the followers reacted when the world did not end. In some cases there was a lot of social and economic chaos, people would abandon jobs or make very bad economic moves, that is happening even today, in the present case. ("When will they ever learn, when will they ev----er learn?") When it was obvious to the followers that the world was not ending, there was actually a strengthening of faith, the followers felt alienated from their sane neighbors and took refuge among their own kind. It seems this particular pastor has collected something like $72 million in 'love offerings' from the flock, but why? Other than the obvious answer, I mean. As a little kid watching a Billy Graham crusade on TV I was saved, I have always considered myself 'saved' no matter what the Jehovah's Witnesses say about only 144,000 going to heaven, I have merely to recite, Oh God forgive me my sins in Jesus precious name, amen, and I am up there with mom and dad and the cats (yes, they WILL be there!) and various friends, but definitely not the evil wicked Kansas bigot step mother.

I am reminded of a great piece of wisdom from 'Nuns On The Run' in which the Jewish guy tells the Catholic guy that the Holy Trinity doesn't make any sense, to which the Catholic guy replies, "Ah, but if it made any sense you wouldn't have to accept it on faith, would you?"

Comment

It's already the 22nd in some parts of the world, and no news of people vanishing. Guess we're all doomed, and no one gets saved, huh?

(Does God follow a silly human convention like time zones?)

Comment

There is no EXACT DATE for RAPTURE!! PERIOD.
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
          There is no EXACT DATE for RAPTURE!! PERIOD.
          I think you are right, Auntie. We create rapture within ourselves and for those who achieve it, it is all on different dates.

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
            (Does God follow a silly human convention like time zones?)
            Of coarse he does silly boy! Didn't you know that Tennessee is the center of God's world and CST is God's time.

It's a little humid in Cabo today, which is typical for this time of year, but other than that, I don't notice anything different outside. There is one person here that I wish would experience rapture today. It would be good riddance! I would be happy being left behind with regards to that person.

Comment

I really dislike the doomsday stuff. A wise person once said, "Keep hoeing your row." If you want an excuse to get yourself in order, that's great, but don't forget to stay focused on what needs to happen now. Stay on track, people!

That book sounds like an interesting read, Kalalau.

Comment

Sure feels extra quiet in our neck of the woods (Moi'ili'ili) this morning... hmmm.

Do I hafta go to work today? HaHa!
                Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

The Bible clearly warns of the groundlessness of specific "doomsday" predictions-- Matthew 24:36 "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."
                  Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                  Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Re: May 21 2011, Doomsday?

But SOMEDAY many will wing off rapturously into the skies?
                    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Saw this topic covered on by a CNN reportor on Friday night who mentioned that the event will happen around 6pm (EDT) and it will be in the form of earthquakes.

I don't feel the need to change any of my plans because of this predition.

Comment

Regardless of which way this rapture pendulum swings, President Obama will be blamed! Or former Pres. Bush will be extolled for having policies in place that prevented the end of the world! I can see the Tea Crappers headlines already!

Comment

Apparently some volcano in Iceland just started erupting big time moments ago.
                          I wonder if I should finish doing my yardwork.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I just returned back to the fale from the granite yard with my Mexican friend Angel.

Uaifi isn't here!!!!!!!!

It is 7pm EST!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess uaifi was raptured off to heaven! Good bye uaifi, nice knowin' ya. Say hello to your mom and dad for me. I think I will make myself a farewell cocktail.

(Oh wait! Uaifi said she was going to the Environmental Fair with our neighbor Barbara over at Tiendas Palmilla this afternoon. Maybe that's where heaven is located?)

Comment

Is it time for our post-rapture roll call? Matapule, still here; me, too. Checking in for both believers and non-.

Scrivener? 1stWahine? CraigWatanabe? LikaNui? Frankie's Market? Salmoned?

Looks like HT is still the home of the Good, the Bad, and ... ME!

Comment

Working...
                              X