Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bin Laden is DEAD!

Originally posted by AlohaKine View Post
    Where's the photo proof of the death of Bin Laden? I guess we'll just have to take him and his people's word for it.

It was ok for Uday and Qusay Hussien wasn't it? I don't understand what Obama's problem is. Why is he placing Al Quada's and Al Quada supporter's piece of mind above that of Americans, in particular those who lost a loved one on 9-11. Bush released Uday and Qusay's bloody picts to help bring closure to the many Iraqi families that had someone that was hurt or killed by them. Obama refuses to give closure to his own Americans so as not to offend Al Quada. As if they won't attack Americans every chance they could get already.

After Obama finally did something right, he ruins it by respecting Al Quada sensabilities, not wanting to injure their pride too much, and bending to their whims. Boooooo. He's trying to get in touch with Al Quada's "softer side" -what a fool.
    IMO, I find it disrespectful to be letting these pictures of those killed by American forces be spread all over the Internet (and subject to photoshop humor, memes, etc.). It's no different than the bodies of Americans being dragged through streets, mutilated, etc. Eye for an eye?
    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
      IMO, I find it disrespectful to be letting these pictures of those killed by American forces be spread all over the Internet (and subject to photoshop humor, memes, etc.). It's no different than the bodies of Americans being dragged through streets, mutilated, etc. Eye for an eye?
      With all due respect Mike, there is a big difference between professional military/ conscripts serving a nation with honor and blood thristy, criminal madmen like Bin Laden. If someone had posted the picture of a professional military member or conscript (of any nation) that had served with honor, died in battle, and posted it - I would condemn that action.

Bin Laden is not a honorible military professional or unwilling conscript. He is a depraved madman and a thug. He went out of his way to murder people who were unarmed civilians. He viewed those helpless office workers in the twin towers as prey and without rights. So as far as I'm concerned he has no rights.

Comment

With all due respect Mike, there is a big difference between professional military/ conscripts serving a nation with honor and blood thristy, criminal madmen like Bin Laden. If someone had posted the picture of a professional military member or conscript (of any nation) that had served with honor, died in battle, and posted it - I would condemn that action.

Bin Laden is not a honorible military professional or unwilling conscript. He is a depraved madman and a thug. He went out of his way to murder people who were unarmed civilians. He viewed those helpless office workers in the twin towers as prey and without rights. So as far as I'm concerned he has no rights.
        Entirely subjective. His followers felt the same way about those they targeted, but I digress.
        Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Entirely subjective. His followers felt the same way about those they targeted, but I digress.
          It's not subjective. While some anti-Americans could claim that the Pentagon had military importance, the twin towers had no military value what so ever. It was a criminal act by a monster, for which I'm happy that Osama was brought to justice. I'm also happy (should it be true) that the American tax payer doesn't have to support his confinment year after year like the "20th hijacker".

Comment

Where's the photo proof of the death of Bin Laden? .
            Why? so you can say the photo is a fake?

And thank you for being so classy by posting the photos rather than a link.
            Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

While some anti-Americans could claim that the Pentagon had military importance, the twin towers had no military value what so ever.
              Al Qeada is not fighting military war in the traditional sense, the are fighting a political war. And they are obviously winning when they inflame passions such as yours. You have gone for the bait, hook, line, and sinker.

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Gotta repeat this for AlohaKine & his kine ---
                Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                Anyone who has major doubts about the death of bin Laden is welcome to visit the gravesite to see for themselves, I suppose...
                My "piece" of mind is not disturbed in the slightest by not seeing graphic, gruesome photos of anyone's death. Those who demand to see the pictures are only interested in one thing: sensationalism.

Comment

Mike already said it, but you didn't grasp his meaning, so I'll try again. You are looking at this exclusively from the perspective of your life, your nation, your experience; what else could you do?

Well, you could try to see the perspective of some people in the Middle East. To them, bin Laden was an honorable hero, a man who used his wealth to build roads and schools, to drive invaders out of Muslim lands, and who struck back at the nation that they view as a land of colonial infidels: America.

You don't have to agree with that perspective (I doubt that many of us would fully do so) - I'm only saying that you need to grasp that your perspective and theirs is not the same. We may not feel this way, but to some of your fellow residents of this planet, bin Laden "served with honor" and "died in battle."

Comment

Re: Pakistan: Good or Bad?

There's no 'if' to make it an if-then argument, 'terrorist' is not an ethnicity, and no one is innocent?
                    More importantly and less semanticly; let's also not forget that the first half implies being held accountable for one's own actions:
                    It hurts when I do this
                    Then don't do that

While the second half implies being held accountable for the actions of others:
                    It hurts when other people treat me like a bad person because people with whom I happen to share an ethnic background do terrible things.
                    Then don't. . . do. . . that?
                    Grab some goggles and answer to nobody.

Comment

Where's the photo proof of the death of Bin Laden?

I guess we'll just have to take him and his people's word for it.

I don't understand what Obama's problem is. Why is he placing Al Quada's and Al Quada supporter's piece of mind above that of Americans, in particular those who lost a loved one on 9-11.

Bush released Uday and Qusay's bloody picts to help bring closure to the many Iraqi families that had someone that was hurt or killed by them. It was ok for Uday and Qusay Hussien wasn't it?

Obama refuses to give closure to his own Americans so as not to offend Al Quada. He's trying to get in touch with Al Quada's "softer side" -what a fool.
                      In safe keeping and out of the hands of idiots that would use it to make political partisan hay out of mere thin air. No wonder you're upset.

No, you won't. And I guess having Crumbsfeld and Bush's Dick immediately applaude the action doesn't signify anything, right?

Could you possibly be more silly? Bush didn't provide death pix for anybody's 'closure'.
                      Maybe BO's taking prudent measures to lessen any innocent/US lives lost to unneccessary exposure of pix of ObL with his head blown apart, unlike very small man Bush who released Uday/Qusay's pix to help prove what a big big man he really really was...

Only fools need faux closure, and anyone who thinks BO is favoring any foreign enemy over Americans is a huge fool.

The matter is closed on all fronts for serious minds, unless you wanna start investigating BushCo. But, you wouldn't want to do anything that might actually bring some true closure to real problems, right?
                      https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

After Obama finally did something right, he ruins it by respecting Al Quada sensabilities, not wanting to injure their pride too much, and bending to their whims. Boooooo. He's trying to get in touch with Al Quada's "softer side" -what a fool.
                        Rather than "respecting Al Quada sensabilities" consider what publically releasing the death image would do in this circumstance. Likely it would further enrage Al Queda and motivate them even to more terrorism.
                        Consider when Al Queda released graphic videos of beheading of kidnapped innocents, and how that motivated us even more to stop them.

"...call no man 'fool,' for we are made of the same clay..." J.C. 33 A.D.
                        Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                        ~ ~
                        Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                        Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                        Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

AlohaKine...what *exactly* are you smoking?

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                            AlohaKine...what *exactly* are you smoking?
                            He is ostensibly the champion of unfettered cigarette smoking......but his choice of "tobacco" is open to question. Must be Camels brand from Afghanistan.

Comment

It now appears that Bin Laden was an anti-smoker as well and won't tolerate it anywhere near him, even in the outside areas of his compound. Since it was brought up.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-compound.html

Pictures of Mussolini's dead body hanging from his heals before a mocking crowd, the burned bodies of nazi Joseph Geobbels and his children, Uday and Qusay, the bloody face of druglord Pablo Escobar after being shot by police, and Saddam Hussien on a rope. I could go on and on. All of this was ok for ours and other governments to release, but not OBL, as if the aforementioned people were not thugs and didn't had violent followers that may want revenge. The one exception is Geobbel's kids but the allies released that too. I would agree that the dead kids part is in very poor taste.

Some people are more real about this;

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...hotograph.html

"Mrs Palin, the Republican governor of Alaska, responded on Twitter, the social networking website. She wrote: “Show photo as warning to others seeking Americas destruction. No pussy-footing around, no politicking, no drama, it’s part of the mission.”

Mrs Palin is right on the money. She's a real American. Bravo!

"Rudy Giuliani, former Mayor of New York, also criticised the president. He said: "The reality is that they're eventually going to get out and then you just relive the intensity of all this a month from now, two months from now, three months from now. Why not put them out now? Satisfy at least the rational people who have questions about the identity of Bin Laden."

The article also seems to reflect an elitest attitude by Obama. That he and his buddies get to watch the whole 38 minute video in private, perhaps with a bucket of popcorn in one hand and a beer in the other, but us common slobs don't deserve to.

Comment

Pictures of Mussolini's dead body hanging from his heals before a mocking crowd, the burned bodies of nazi Joseph Geobbels and his children, Uday and Qusay, the bloody face of druglord Pablo Escobar after being shot by police, and Saddam Hussien on a rope. I could go on and on. All of this was ok for ours and other governments to release, but not OBL.

"Mrs Palin, the Republican governor of Alaska, responded on Twitter, the social networking website. She wrote: “Show photo as warning to others seeking Americas destruction. No pussy-footing around, no politicking, no drama, it’s part of the mission.”
                                Mrs Palin is right on the money. She's a real American. Bravo!

The article also seems to reflect an elitest attitude by Obama. That he and his buddies get to watch the whole 38 minute video in private, perhaps with a bucket of popcorn in one hand and a beer in the other, but us common slobs don't deserve to.
                                He's better than that, and wants you to be better than that too. Leading by example is better than hiding behind words.

Palin is worse than a rich, bullying, school yard brat, she's nothing but a loud mouth of the worst sort.

When you become POTUS then you too can have Mr. President perks and make highly stressful and important decisions, while those you protect take cheap and ignorant shots at you. I'll bet he's watching it again with the kids right now, with cigarettes for everybody.

BTW, that 'elitest' buzz word BS, why don't you do some homework and learn where that comes legitimately from on his part, ...we know where it comes from his detractors.
                                Last edited by Ron Whitfield; May 5, 2011, 05:57 PM.
                                https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Working...
                                X