X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: American Idol, Season 10

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
    [...]
    I mean, really... Paul is staying longer than Pia?!?!
    I like Paul because he's quirky, unique and has some charisma. I don't feel he's Idol material, tho'. Stefano should've been the one to go...boring!

Comment

Did anyone else see James Durbin sing "Uprising" by Muse on AI last night? WOW! Especially the second half of the song when he starts hitting those incredibly high notes. I keep saying here that he reminds me of Adam Lambert but without the cockiness. This guy has a great future.
      I thought Lauren was the weak link last night.
      Also they had the last 6 people who were voted off come on and sing a song together. And once again, Paul McDonald was wickedly off key and pitchy all the way through. (Sorry, Tutu!)

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

No need to apologize. I did mention I didn't think Paul was Idol material altho' I liked his quirkiness. He mentioned in an interview that he's not comfortable singing covers; just his original songs...which makes me wonder why he'd even bother to audition!

James is incredible and I admire his tenacity with regard to his Tourettes. While I still love Jacob I'm beginning to think that, like Paul, he may not be the right Idol. I can see him succeeding on Broadway, tho'. That dude can really sing with every ounce of his emotions. I'm liking Haley more and more. Stefano is my least favorite but he did great last night. Lauren is uninteresting to me. Casey IS interesting!

And then there's Scotty! He doesn't need to win. His future is oh so bright.

Oh crap...I just googled to see if I left anyone out and saw the results of tonight. *sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
          James is incredible and I admire his tenacity with regard to his Tourettes.
          And Asberger Syndrome too. Yet with both diseases, he only shows the occasional facial tic. Amazing. And I still pick him to win it overall.

While I still love Jacob I'm beginning to think that, like Paul, he may not be the right Idol. I can see him succeeding on Broadway, tho'. That dude can really sing with every ounce of his emotions.
          Agreed on all counts. I still agree with Randy Jackson that Jacob's version of "God Bless The Child" was the single best vocal *ever* on AI.

I'm liking Haley more and more. Stefano is my least favorite but he did great last night. Lauren is uninteresting to me. Casey IS interesting! And then there's Scotty! He doesn't need to win. His future is oh so bright.
          Again, I agree on all counts. And personally, I'm pretty happy to see how many of the finalists are ones I picked here during their original auditions. More on that later, or tomorrow.

Oh crap...I just googled to see if I left anyone out and saw the results of tonight. *sigh*
          Yeah, I accidentally saw the results online earlier too. I'll bet I know what you think about the result!

Comment

I'm pretty happy to see how many of the finalists are ones I picked here during their original auditions. More on that later, or tomorrow.
            Okay, it's now "later." Below is a list that began with the announcement of the Top 13 on March 3, and the weekly results.
            The ones with asterisks and dates behind the names are the ones I picked and the date I posted them here on HT. Interesting that the only ones I didn't pick at all were Ashton Jones and Paul McDonald, both voted off now.
            Of the current Top 6, James, Scotty and Lauren have never been in the weekly bottom 3.
            Hailey has been in the bottom 3 four times; she had a weak couple of weeks but has come back strong lately.
            I'm very pleasantly surprised that the voters have kept Scotty. I thought the young voters wouldn't like his country style. He absolutely has a good future in that genre.
            I still think James Durbin should win it all.
            Anyway, here's the list:

TOP 6 (of the Top 13, who were picked on AI on March 3):

James Durbin * I picked on 2/10/11

Jacob Lusk * I picked on 2/25
            (bottom 3 on 4/7 and 4/21)

Casey Abrams * I picked on 2/2
            (bottom 3 on 3/24; voted off on 3/24 but saved by judges)

Scotty McCreery * I picked on 1/27

Hailey Reinhart * I picked on 1/27
            (bottom 3 on 3/10, 3/17, 4/14 and 4/21)

Lauren Alaina * I picked on 1/27

OUT:
            Ashton Jones
            (voted out on 3/10)

Karen Rodriguez * I picked on 2/4
            (bottom 3 on 3/10 and 3/17, voted out on 3/17)

Naima Adedapo * I picked on 3/3
            (bottom 3 on 3/17 and 3/31, voted out on 3/31)

Thia Megia * I picked on 1/27
            (bottom 3 on 3/24 and 3/31, voted out on 3/31)

Pia Toscano * I picked on 3/3
            (voted out on 4/7)

Paul McDonald
            (voted out on 4/14)

Stefano Langone * I picked on 2/10
            (bottom 3 on 3/24, 4/7, 4/14, 4/21; voted out on 4/21)

Tomorrow night's theme is songs by Carole King.

Comment

If you DVR'd last night's show and haven't seen it yet, don't read any further here or you'll find out who got voted off.
              First, it was great to see our own Bruno Mars perform last night. Local boy makes good! But there was a weird thing. The setting was supposed to be a living room set, and he had a large dog (a golden lab, I think) on the couch. The camera would occasionally pan across there. Most of the time the dog had his head down, but other times the dog had his head on the arm of the couch or up and looking around, and seconds later the camera panned back and the dog was in its original position. It almost seemed like they'd recorded the song twice and spliced the cuts, but I dunno. Strange.
              Anyway, I was pretty surprised to see that Scotty was in the bottom three, and for the first time, too. And I was surprised to see that Casey got voted off. I figured Lauren or Jacob would be voted off. (Jacob was the other one in the bottom three.)
              So far, only James and Lauren have never been in the bottom three.
              So as of today, here's where we're at:

TOP 5 (of the Top 13, who were picked on AI on March 3):

James Durbin * I picked on 2/10/11

Jacob Lusk * I picked on 2/25
              (bottom 3 on 4/7, 4/21 and 4/28)

Scotty McCreery * I picked on 1/27
              (bottom 3 on 4/28)

Hailey Reinhart * I picked on 1/27
              (bottom 3 on 3/10, 3/17, 4/14 and 4/21)

Lauren Alaina * I picked on 1/27

OUT:

Ashton Jones
              (voted out on 3/10)

Karen Rodriguez * I picked on 2/4
              (bottom 3 on 3/10 and 3/17, voted out on 3/17)

Naima Adedapo * I picked on 3/3
              (bottom 3 on 3/17 and 3/31, voted out on 3/31)

Thia Megia * I picked on 1/27
              (bottom 3 on 3/24 and 3/31, voted out on 3/31)

Pia Toscano * I picked on 3/3
              (voted out on 4/7)

Paul McDonald
              (voted out on 4/14)

Stefano Langone * I picked on 2/10
              (bottom 3 on 3/24, 4/7, 4/14, 4/21; voted out on 4/21)

Casey Abrams * I picked on 2/2
              (bottom 3 on 3/24 and 4/28; voted out on 3/24 but saved by judges; voted out on 4/28)

Comment

http://tv.msn.com/reality-tv/the-wra...ory/?gt1=28102

Seacrest out.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                  Doesn't sound like a done deal yet but it wouldn't surprise me. That guy is insanely busy. And it sounds like he doesn't have a non-compete clause with Idol. He'll be difficult to replace, imho!

Comment

Now that Jacob is gone, Scotty is next to exit, then Lauren. The final two will be James and Haley, and "America" will vote to choose Haley - the SAFE choice, just as Adam Lambert was eliminated in favor of . . . who was that again?

Comment

American Idol is still on?
                      Grab some goggles and answer to nobody.

Comment

Originally posted by Zovo View Post
                        American Idol is still on?
                        Yep, this season is new and improved!

Comment

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
                          Scotty is next to exit, then Lauren. The final two will be James and Haley, and "America" will vote to choose Haley
                          It's so hard to say, with the crazy way people vote.
                          I say James should win it, followed very closely by Scotty, with Hailey a distant third and Lauren should be voted off tonight. Lauren has a nice voice but nothing special and zero stage presence, and Hailey is only slightly better on both counts. They're each good singers but there's just nothing special. Scotty will obviously go a long way in country music; his stage presence is improving but still has a way to go. James has it all: incredible voice, terrific stage presence.
                          Did you see last night's show? James's version of "Don't Stop Believing" was HOT. Even Randy Jackson, who played bass for Journey for a long time, loved it.

Comment

James's version of "Don't Stop Believing" was HOT.
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSPp0aheU0g

He will be hard to beat.
                            Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
                              I agree. What's not to like about James!

Scotty is adorable and, oh my, that voice. He doesn't need to win. If he's voted off tonight his career could begin before the show even ends later this month.

Haley...I disagree with LN. While I was a Jacob fan thru about the top 6 or 7, I switched to Scotty then, a week ago to Haley, who has grown tremendously thru this competition. House of the Rising Sun and I Who Have Nothing, for me, rank as 2 of the top 5 performances in Idol history. Her drama comes thru her voice. I don't think she needs to have much physicality on stage.

Lauren...Greatly improved last night but just not enough pizzazz for my taste.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                                Haley...I disagree with LN.
                                That does it. You're off my Christmas card list.

While I was a Jacob fan thru about the top 6 or 7, I switched to Scotty then, a week ago to Haley, who has grown tremendously thru this competition.
                                Yes, she has. (And I think I mentioned that in an earlier post.) But has she grown enough to become the #1? I doubt it.
                                But as a lot of us have said over the years, it's impossible to tell what the young voters will do. Most of the time their final votes are, well, stupid. I won't be surprised if that happens again this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X