Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: American Idol, Season 10

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    they discussed Chris Medina and his girlfriend and aired his audition. I got misty eyed all over again.
    Same here. Her favorite person had always been Steven Tyler, and when he leaned over her wheelchair and gave her a long hug, I'm sure his eyes were misty too. Anyone who wasn't touched by that whole thing should go to a cardiologist and have their heart checked.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Last night's auditions were from Los Angeles, and probably 90% of the singers were... well, not singers. The only decent ones were Karen Rodriguez and brothers Mark and Aaron Guitarrez.
      Other than them, the show was a total waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
        Same here. Her favorite person had always been Steven Tyler, and when he leaned over her wheelchair and gave her a long hug, I'm sure his eyes were misty too. Anyone who wasn't touched by that whole thing should go to a cardiologist and have their heart checked.
        Finally heard Tyler's words to Chris' girlfriend:
        "That's why he sings so good because he sings to you."
        <sniff>

Comment

Five contestants with Hawaii ties have made it to Hollywood:
          Jewl Anguay, Matthew Hashimoto, Matthew Suyat, Colby Benson and Ryan Pugal.

And the show didn't even audition here! That'll teach 'em! GO HAWAII! Let the robo-calls begin!

Comment

Last night was the final night of road auditions and it was from San Francisco. I liked Stefano Langone and Julie Zorilla; Emily Ann Reed had an extremely unusual vocal tone and is an really good guitar player (though as I recall they're not allowing any instrumentals this season; too bad). The best one for me was the last one, James Durbin, with a very powerful voice and an amazing range. Vocally he somewhat reminded me of Adam Lambert but without Adam's ego and cockiness. I wouldn't be surprised to see James in the top 3 and perhaps winning it all.

Comment

OK, so now that AI has crowned its top 24, got thoughts? Predictions?

The talk in our house, by the way, is that Tyler and Lopez have added a good deal to the show . . . Randy has kind of faded into the background.

Last night's two hour show could have been a one hour show . . . but the competition in season ten is at a pretty high level. Think it has to do with prospective idol-auditioners watching for a few years and preppiong appropriately?

Comment

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
                OK, so now that AI has crowned its top 24, got thoughts? Predictions?
                Turns out my earlier predictions in this thread were pretty good. I nailed 10 of the top 24!
                Here's the final 24, with my picks and the date I posted them in parentheses; then be sure to read my comment at the bottom:

Casey Abrams (I picked on my 2/2/11 post)
                Naima Adedapo
                Laina Alaina (1/27)
                Jovany Barreto
                Kendra Chantelle
                Jordan Dorsey
                James Durbin (2/10)
                Clint Jun Gamboa
                Tim Halperin
                Ashton Jones
                Stefano Langone (2/10)
                Brett Loewenstern (1/20)
                Jacob Lusk
                Thia Megia (1/27)
                Scotty McCreery (1/27)
                Paul McDonald
                Haley Reinhart (1/27)
                Karen Rodriguez (2/4)
                Robbie Rosen
                Pia Toscano
                Lauren Turner
                Tatynisa Wilson
                Rachel Zevita
                Julie Zorrilla (2/10)

It's possible/probable that some of the final 24 didn't appear on the earlier episodes; wish there was a way to find out.
                I'm pretty sure that Jacob Lusk didn't. The first time I saw him on AI was two weeks ago. He sang "God Bless The Child" and I honestly jumped out of my chair and was clapping and yelling. They aired part of it again last night, and Randy Jackson said it was the single best performance on AI... EVER. I agree. Watch it at this link. Seriously... watch that video!!! Maybe he will/should win it all, or at least be in the top 3.
                AI has been very disappointing for several years (with the exception of Adam Lambert), but this year I'm really really impressed with how many really good singers are in the final 24.
                Get rid of Ryan Seacrest, cut out a lot of the fluff and stick to the singing, and the show would be even better.

Comment

I continue to multi-task during the show so don't have many opinions yet. Except, it's a season full of talent and I love the judges. Jacob Lusk has my early vote altho' I don't know how he'd do on theme nights. My gawd that guy has soul. He'd be great for Broadway.

Comment

Tutu, did you see my post just four minutes before yours? Catch that video of Jacob? Un-freaking-believable!!! He left it ALL on the stage during that song. Once in a lifetime performance of perfection.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                      Tutu, did you see my post just four minutes before yours? Catch that video of Jacob? Un-freaking-believable!!! He left it ALL on the stage during that song. Once in a lifetime performance of perfection.
                      I saw it after I posted my message 'cuz I was typing when you sent yours. I was already aware of Jacob and that incredible song...which is the reason he gets my vote.

Oh, and I disagree about Ryan S. I think he does a great job with the show.

Comment

Tuesday night was the top 12 men and last night was the top 12 women. I saw the first live and the second just now on DVR. Tonight's show will cut it in half to the total top 12; the viewers get to vote for ten and the judges pick two more.
                        Here are my ratings of the last two nights, from best to worst:

Men:
                        James Durbin (Adam Lambert voice but without the cocky attitude)
                        Jacob Lusk
                        Casey Abrams
                        Scotty McCreery (definitely has a future in country music)
                        Stefano Langone
                        Clint Jun Gamboa
                        Jordan Dorsey
                        Tim Halperin
                        Jovany Barreto
                        Brett Loewenstern
                        Robbie Rosen
                        Paul McDonald

Women:
                        Pia Toscano
                        Naima Adedapo
                        Julie Zorilla
                        Thia Megia
                        Lauren Turner
                        Hailey Reinhart
                        Ashton Jones
                        Lauren Alaina
                        Karen Rodriguez
                        Kendra Chantelle
                        Rachel Zevita
                        Tatynisa Wilson

If I were to pick the Top 3 so far, it would be James Durbin to win, then Jacob Lusk, and a tie between Casey Abrams and Pia Toscano for third.

Comment

Okay, the cut was made from 24 finalists to 13. (I'm still doing pretty good, since 8 of the final 13 are ones I picked in their very first auditions.)
                          The viewers picked a top 10, five each male and female. Of the rest, the judges called six back for a second chance, then picked three of those to go on.
                          Here's the list. It's what I posted earlier today, with my picks from the last two nights, from best to worst for males and females. The ones with an asterisk are ones I picked in their first auditions and posted earlier.

Men:
                          In James Durbin *
                          In Jacob Lusk
                          In Casey Abrams *
                          In Scotty McCreery *
                          Cut, 2nd chance, In Stefano Langone *
                          Cut Clint Jun Gamboa
                          Cut Jordan Dorsey
                          Cut Tim Halperin
                          Cut, 2nd chance Jovany Barreto
                          Cut Brett Loewenstern
                          Cut, 2nd chance Robbie Rosen

In Paul McDonald

Women:
                          In Pia Toscano
                          Cut, 2nd chance, In Naima Adedapo
                          Cut Julie Zorilla
                          In Thia Megia *
                          Cut Lauren Turner
                          In Hailey Reinhart *
                          Cut, 2nd chance, In Ashton Jones
                          In Lauren Alaina *
                          In Karen Rodriguez *
                          Cut, 2nd chance Kendra Chantelle
                          Cut Rachel Zevita
                          Cut Tatynisa Wilson

Comment

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...acking_on.html

Did some of the voters hate her because she's beautiful? Being beautiful didn't stop Carrie Underwood from winning.

Comment

Lots of theories going around; the prominent one being the voters are mostly teen girls voting for the cute guys! Personally, while I think Pia is beautiful and talented, I felt she had no pizzazz. At this stage I think she'd do well recording but probably isn't ready yet for concerts. I think the former needs to be backed up with the latter.

ETA: Is that Pia sitting in with Rickey Miner's band on Jay Leno's show? Just caught the last few seconds before the camera cut back to Jay.
                              Last edited by tutusue; April 8, 2011, 10:50 PM.

Comment

I don't think Pia would've won, but she should've been in the top 3 or top 5 at worst.
                                Had to love the totally shocked expressions on the faces of all three judges, and of the rest of the singers too. Absolute shock.
                                I mean, really... Paul is staying longer than Pia?!?!

Comment

Working...
                                X