X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "So You Think You Can Dance" - Season 5

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    [...]
    Pono and his partner, Ashley, rocked. Well, in their case, crashed! Once their YouTube video is uploaded you'll have a chance to see what I mean! Incredible choreography. Incredible execution.[...]
    Performance of "Crash Test Dummies".
    Originally posted by Adri View Post
    [...]I rewatched and could only see glimpses of the top of Mark's head from the tv angles. Whomever posted that either had eagle eyes trained to spot any sign of Mark or perhaps was there in person and had a better view.
    I paused the video when the camera switched to Wayne. I couldn't see Mark either. Mark's sighting must've come from someone who was there.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
      [...]
      I paused the video when the camera switched to Wayne. I couldn't see Mark either. Mark's sighting must've come from someone who was there.
      I was wrong. Mark can clearly be seen at 7:03 into the YouTube video referenced above.

Comment

:::Gooooooo:::Ponooooooo:::

Comment

tutusue: Goo Pono? Am going to watch the ep now. To see if he's gooey.

Comment

Adri...did only 2 "o"s show up on your screen? I typed:
            Gooooooo Ponooooooo!!! (Hmmm...wonder how that'll show up!)

Anyway, I just sent Pono my unsolicited and non-professional assessment. I think he and Ashley nailed their choreography but I think this week's choreography paled in comparison to what they were given last week. That was such a creative and unforgettable dance piece. It's gonna be hard to top it.

Comment

tutusue: Sorry, I truncated your "o"s but I thought you were missing a "d" (as in "good"). what's up with the gooooooo?

Comment

Wow! That was way too close for comfort but Pono made it thru to next week.

Adri...if I have to explain the elongated vowel sound then I'm doing a really bad job of spelling out that sound! I apologize but don't know another way of spelling it. Help!

Comment

tutusue: Oh! Doh! I'm sorry, I completely read that differently. LOL! Yay for Pono surviving another week! and I really enjoyed the opening number. I like Mia as a choreographer even though I really don't like her as a judge nor her open antagonism towards Brandon. I understand there is probably more going on than is revealed to the public or shown on tv but I still I think her comments were unprofessional.

Comment

Whatta grind this and similar shows must be. Pono's only comment on Facebook after Thursday's results show was..."WHAT A DAY?!?!?!". Now he's homesick! Poor guy! But, he's getting a lot of support and encouragement. Hollywood is a tough transition for local kids. I feel like a mother hen right now!

Comment

The bright spot in this incredibly sad news day is Pono made it thru to next week after dancing an exquisite Viennese waltz with a new partner.

Comment

That's true tutusue. I think Nigel just had cranky pants on during his comments about the waltz. I thought Pono's waltz was beautiful.

Comment

Cranky pants...bwahaha!!! I didn't get the impression that Nigel didn't like the dance. My understanding was that in a youth oriented competition such as SYTYCD, a waltz isn't gonna grab the majority of viewers and make 'em stand up and cheer wildly. I agreed with him while wondering why the heck the show would feature a waltz to begin with! Jive, swing and latin I can understand but...waltz?! Personally I think Pono will continue to be judged based on his first top 20 dance, Crash Test Dummies, which was absolutely incredible.

Unlike last week at this time, Pono hasn't updated his Facebook status. He must be out celebrating!!! And, rightfully so!

Comment

I usually just watch the group numbers without really analyzing them but I've been seeing/hearing some comments lately that Pono must be doing well even behind the scenes because he has been a "featured" or "lead" dancer in the group numbers so far. I know he was dead center in this past week's Wed night group number but don't recall where he was positioned in other group dances. There were some comments about Mia slighting Brandon by not making him a featured dancer in the group number she choreographed. It makes sense that in any choreographed number, some of the dancers would have bigger roles or be in positions that are more visible (or more focused on by the cameras) than others but I just assumed the dancers rotated. In any event, sounds good for Pono!

Comment

Pono and Kayla just rocked their contemporary dance routine. Fabulous...and I wouldn't expect anything else from Pono because that's his genre. I received a short email from him a few days ago and, unlike 2 weeks ago, he sounded really upbeat. I've charged my cell phone in anticipation of a major vote-o-ramarellathon!

Comment

I think Pono and Kayla did really well, too. I was a little taken aback by Mia's about face on Brandon and her trying to turn her initial comments about how much he annoyed her and how he had not shown any talent into her being hardest on the ones she really thought the most of.

I didn't like the alien costume for poor Caitlin. It reminds me of another season where the judges asked the dancers (I disremember which dancers) if the dancers did anything to piss off wardrobe to get dressed the way they did for their dance.

Comment

Working...
                                X