American Idol: Season 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Idol: Season 8

My TV has audio but no video on Fox. All other channels are fine. Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

Re: American Idol-Season 8

Same here, Tutu. I had video for the first two minutes, then nothing for the last 23 minutes. Audio's still good.
    Not even a crawl with the usual "Were experiencing technical difficulties."
    I'm glad I checked here first, cuz I was going to post exactly the same thread and message!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
      My TV has audio but no video on Fox. All other channels are fine. Anyone else experiencing the same thing?
      I finally got through to Oceanic and the status message said they are currently experiencing problems with KHON.

I live in Makiki, so KHON's visual outage must be wide-spread.

Comment

Yay glad it's not just me going crazy. Or if I am going crazy it has nothing to do with having clear audio and no visual of AI *g*

Comment

Originally posted by Beau View Post
          [...]
          I live in Makiki, so KHON's visual outage must be wide-spread.
          Probably island-wide at the very least. I'm in Makaha. LN's in Kaneohe and you're in town. <sigh>

Oops! Video's back!

Comment

32 minutes of black screen, for the highest rated show on television.
            Nice work, KHON.

Comment

What will Joe Moore say about this dreaded glitch award on the 10 o'clock news?

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                What will Joe Moore say about this dreaded glitch award on the 10 o'clock news?
                I was wondering the same thing! Tell us what he does, k? I hope to be asleep by then. (I usually get up around 4:30 or 5.)
                And the show had a crawl a few minutes ago saying that KHON was going to re-air the first 30 minutes immediately after this ends.

Comment

Joe Moore just did a newsbreak, and mentioned the blackout and the replay. He played it straight, and only said the engineers still didn't know what caused it. It was almost like the powers-that-be told him to SDFU.
                  Back to the show. Opinions, anyone?
                  I thought the best was the oil rig guy, and I can see him possibly making the final 10. Maybe JB too. The blind guy was quite good, but I don't see him as able to do a variety of styles. Horror-movie kid was good too. And Barracuda Girl could go a long way.
                  But what do I know? I publicly picked Carrie Underwood to win it all when she did her first audition.
                  The Bikini Girl segment was... interesting.
                  Kara DioGuardi did better than I expected as the new judge.
                  Last edited by LikaNui; January 13, 2009, 08:31 PM. Reason: Added Barracuda Girl.

Comment

Love Danny, a 28 year old, very recent widower. Great voice.

Comment

Yep, Danny for sure, and also the Indian guy Anoop.
                      Still another half hour to go... complete with video this time, too!

Comment

I DVR'd the first night off the HD channel, it was all there.

Missed the last half-hour of "SNL" though, due to blackout. Interestingly, the show was black, but local commercials weren't. This happens pretty often.
                        Burl Burlingame
                        "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
                        honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Originally posted by buzz1941 View Post
                          Missed the last half-hour of "SNL" though, due to blackout. Interestingly, the show was black, but local commercials weren't.
                          Oh no. I DVR'd SNL too, as I wanted to see how Taylor Swift would do. Haven't had a chance to watch it yet.
                          As for AI, that last girl named Lil Round was awesome!

Comment

Did this show have a topper like the SNL character for the Bikini girl? The topper could be a totally nude contestant?

Comment

Re: American Idol: Season 8

Did Seacrest Out do some fast thinking after he did a faux pau by trying to "high five" a blind contestant?

Comment

Working...
                              X