National Novel Writing Month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: National Novel Writing Month

Well, Helen, if you're behind, get working on it!

Comment

I am still sort of behind on my novel. It's at 17,469 words. Anyway I have just written this piece that has some bearing on this site due to this thread.

Before asteroid twenty twenty five M K eight entered a star system that had two orange stars, one a giant, the other a smaller star and its combined planetary system of eleven planets and one hundred twenty six moons life with in that star system was good. All of the inhabitants in that system lived in peace and not in fear, even though the occasional visit by the Genfax may have frighten the inhabitants to go to safer places. This was more due to the Genfax’s ability to excrete a foul smelling blue cloud and overall appearance that frightened the inhabitants as opposed to the Genfax’s overall penchant for violence and warlike ability which really ranked really, really low on their skills compared to other races.

The Genfax tended to be victims of violence rather the perpetrators of violence and even if they wanted to engage in violence against the inhabitants of this star system, the Genfax wouldn’t stand a chance against the inhabitants of this star system since the inhabitants were physically bigger and stronger than the Genfax. For the inhabitants of this star system they too were not perpetrators of violence, they would rather flee than fight and each time the Genfax would come to their world the inhabitants would flee to avoid the Genfax.

Comment

Here it comes again. After a hiatus of a few years, I'm back into it and coordinating NaNoWriMo events on campus at Kapiolani Community College. We will have on-campus write-ins (open to the community) twice per week throughout the month.

Who else is down?
        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

It has been a while since I have done NaNoWriMo. If I made the attempt this year more than likely I would be writting the thing at home since I don't have decent portable device to use.

In any event when and where at Kapiolani Community College are these write-ins?
          Last edited by helen; October 5, 2013, 02:20 PM.

Comment

I'll let you know. You could also check the forums, because I'll be posting info there too.
            But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

...another November. Another NaNoWriMo. Who's doing it this year?

For the first time in the event's history, Hawaii is split into two municipal groups: Oahu, and the rest of Hawaii. This is going to make things far less confusing for Oahu people.

Our kickoff is early this year (Saturday, the 26th). Check the NaNo forum for Hawaii (Oahu) for details. I'm planning a running-start write-in for Halloween night.
              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

I can't do it this year due to other things I need to do.

Comment

Working...
                X