Bin Laden is DEAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bin Laden is DEAD!

Using the phrase "more real" in conjunction with Sarah Palin --- LOL!
    But of course she knows reality --- she can even see it from her front porch.

Comment

Re: Pakistan: Good or Bad?

Originally posted by Zovo View Post
      There appears to be a flaw in this logic.
      If you can find it, you win a prize!
      I'm just saying that stereotypes can be viewed as outdated and untrue when that group stop doing that. You can't make fat jokes at a skinny guy when he's changed and lost a lot of weight.

Comment

I always contrast the constant bitching against elected President Obama with the uniform lock step obedient loyalty and praise to everything the unelected idiot bush did. To merely question the wisdom of starting an unnecessary war that murdered up to a million innocent Iraqis and 4,400 American military, to question going on vacation for a whole month before 9-11 and not bothering to read the intelligence report that predicted the attack, to have reservations about the wisdom of cutting taxes for billionaires thus throwing the economy into perpetual colossal catastrophic debt, to ask how the $500 billion senior drug benefit could be paid for...any of these questions were denounced as anti-American, disloyal to America, anti-Christ, anti-God, pro-Soviet, pro-terrorist, etc. And now you just can't wait to load down a competent responsible adult President with nonsense like the birth certificate BS, while he is trying to do a serious job, just like harassing elected President Clinton with the Lewinsky nonsense while he was delivering a glowing surplus economy. GROW UP! If you would not harass the pilot of a plane you and your beloved family are riding on, while he is trying to bring it in for a landing on a difficult approach in stormy conditions, do not think it is OK to harass your elected President who is doing just such a serious job.

Comment

More for AlohaKine & his kine:
          CAIRO (AP) — Al-Qaida on Friday confirmed the killing of Osama bin Laden and warned of retaliation, saying Americans' "happiness will turn to sadness."

The confirmation came in an Internet statement posted on militant websites, signed by "the general leadership" of al-Qaida. The announcement opens the way for the group to name a successor to bin Laden. His deputy Ayman al-Zawahri is now the most prominent figure in the group and is a very likely contender to take his place.

The statement, dated May 3, was the first by the terror network since bin Laden was killed Monday by U.S. commandos in a raid on his hideout in Abbottabad, Pakistan. The statement's authenticity could not be independently confirmed, but it was posted on websites where the group traditionally puts out its messages.

"The blood of the holy warrior sheik, Osama bin Laden, God bless him, is too precious to us and to all Muslims to go in vain," the statement said. "We will remain, God willing, a curse chasing the Americans and their agents, following them outside and inside their countries."

"Soon, God willing, their happiness will turn to sadness," it said, "their blood will be mingled with their tears."

There was no indication how the group will retaliate. Rather than making vehement cries of vengeance, the statement — entitled "You lived as a good man, you died as a martyr" — struck a tone of calmness and continuation. Though it included praise of bin Laden, much of the 11-paragraph statement was dedicated to underlining that al-Qaida would live on, depicting him as just another in a line of "martyrs" from the group.

"It is impossible, impossible. Sheik Osama didn't build an organization to die when he dies," the statement read. "The university of faith, Quran and jihad from which bin Laden graduated will not close its doors," it added.

"The soldiers of Islam will continue in groups and united, plotting and planning without getting bored, tired, with determination, without giving up until striking a blow," the statement.

It said bin Laden was killed "along an established path followed by the best of those who came before him and those who will come after him."

In the statement, al-Qaida also called on Pakistanis to rise up in revolt against its leaders to "cleanse the shame." It also said that an audio message bin Laden recorded a week before his death would be issued soon.

The writers of the statement appeared unaware of the announcement by American officials that bin Laden's body had been buried at sea. The statement warned against mishandling or mistreating bin Laden's body and demanded that be handed over to his family, saying "any harm (to the body) will open more doors of evil, and there will be no one to blame but yourselves."

Comment

Originally posted by AlohaKine View Post
            The article also seems to reflect an elitest attitude by Obama. .
            Is "elite/elitist" a good thing or not? You imply that it is not. You may want to re-think that!

Here is an interesting discussion about an "elite" group you might want to read. Your statement above disrespects them.

I acknowledge that Obama is "elite" when compared to that POT that was our previous President. We are fortunate to fiinally have a President who could get this job done along with the "elite" group in Pakistan that followed his orders.
            Last edited by matapule; May 6, 2011, 04:52 AM.
            Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Pictures of Mussolini's dead body hanging from his heals before a mocking crowd, the burned bodies of nazi Joseph Geobbels and his children, Uday and Qusay, the bloody face of druglord Pablo Escobar after being shot by police, and Saddam Hussien on a rope. I could go on and on. All of this was ok for ours and other governments to release, but not OBL.
              I assume the names you mentioned were hated by most of their own people, or at the very least not beloved. Bin Laden is a hero to many, now a martyr, and a role model to those willing to kill themselves to kill Americans.

Not showing his photo and dumping his body at sea is an attempt to diffuse his power and influence from beyond the grave. It's an attempt to erase his last days on Earth.

How effective will it be...who knows? Second guessing someone else's decision is easy to do.

America has bigger problems than whether or not to release a photo. We Americans have a problem of overly bitching about leaders...an excuse to neglect responsibility in our own lives?
              "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
              "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
              "
              Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

Another thing that drives me crazy is how the press invariably plays along. "Oh, we could talk about taxing the super rich again and saving Social Security and Medicare but lets talk about a birth certificate ""issue"" instead". That kind of a press doesn't serve the country at all well, in fact its worse than useless, diverting the public's attention from problems that actually matter into stuff as fatuous as beauty pageants and singing dogs.

Comment

I could go on and on.
                  Don't let a little butt kicking stop you, we love it when the uber-wrong go on. At least you had the nuts to say it.
                  https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

I'm sorry, why is it that we need to see his body again?
                    I'm really just not sure why so many people want to see his corpse. I mean, our president says he's dead, a room full of people who watched the live-feed from the field say he's dead, Pakistani leaders say he's dead, top remaining members of Al-Queda and bin Laden's other supporters acknowledge his death. . . Most of them haven't seen the body.

So, why do -we- need to see it to accept the truth?
                    Grab some goggles and answer to nobody.

Comment

• Re: Bin Laden is DEAD!

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
                      GROW UP! If you would not harass the pilot of a plane you and your beloved family are riding on, while he is trying to bring it in for a landing on a difficult approach in stormy conditions, do not think it is OK to harass your elected President who is doing just such a serious job.
                      Uh... sorry. It's our job as citizens to harass our leaders if we think they are wrong. To ignore incompetence is to condone it.
                      Using your comparison to an airplane pilot, if the pilot was drunk, or headed the wrong way for a landing or doing something else to threaten the welfare of the passengers you had better harass her or him or suffer the consequences!
                      This does not extend to frivolous harassment however (as I see the birth certificate question). Again in your pilot analogy: it's not helpful to ask the pilot about medals, good restaurants, etc., on a landing approach.
                      Pilots, presidents or other leader types should never be immune to criticism or questioning.
                      If, however, you mean only frivolous harassment, then I agree.
                      Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                      ~ ~
                      Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                      Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                      Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Lopeti, I understood what you meant.

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Where's Francisco Franco?

Comment

Unlikely that Pakistan knew about U.S. raid
                            by Fareed Zakaria, CNN

Your thoughts on this? I find Zakaria fascinating and enjoy following him on Facebook. Embarrassed to say I've not seen him on CNN but have on talk shows.

Comment

I don't think Obama would have ordered the choppers if there was much chance of counter attack, accident/s, losing ObL, civilian casualties, etc. Somebody with enuf clout to keep a tight lid on the entire area and personel knew. The compound had so much military surrounding it that pulling off such a lightning quick stealth incursion would have been way too risky otherwise. But if the US did do it all 100% clandestinely then it's even more impressive, with only 4 'enemy' dying, especially years after the trail had gone cold under 'I don't care' Bush. But that doesn't stop cons from lying that it was all because of just Bush and the troops.
                              https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                                I don't think Obama would have ordered the choppers if there was much chance of counter attack, accident/s, losing ObL, civilian casualties, etc. Somebody with enuf clout to keep a tight lid on the entire area and personel knew. The compound had so much military surrounding it that pulling off such a lightning quick stealth incursion would have been way too risky otherwise. .
                                Apparently there is more to the story than meets the eye involving hi-tech weapons and warfare.

First, helicopters in the area (American choppers used by the Pakistani military) is a common sight because of nearby military facilities, at all times of day and night.

Second the choppers used in the raid were almost silent. Neighbors nearby did not hear anything remarkable. Apparently the weapons used by the assault team were equipped with silencers. They also had a specially trained dog who "sniffed out" OBL. Fido led them to the third floor. The first neighbors knew of anything amiss is when the disabled helicopter was destroyed and that was after OBL had been "marginalized". That made a loud explosion.

Finally, the Pakistani military is mostly inept. The Keystone Kops in army fatigues. The military academy less than a mile away and wouldn't know there was a raid in the area unless the raiders walked up and bit them in the okole. I believe the US was right to keep this top secret because there is no doubt in my mind that Al Qaeda has infiltrated the Pakistani Army. Yes, I believe that some of those in the Pakistani military/government knew where OBL was - but not common knowledge for all those in power.

Comment

Working...
                                X