No Bush Kick Back For You!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Bush Kick Back For You!

As I knew it would be, while doing my taxes this morning at Central Union Church, the volunteer tax worker informed me that I (again) would not be getting any of the 'ecconomic stimulus'/tax rebate $ Bush see's fit to dole out even to billionaires but not to those who could use it the very most.
    While I don't desperately need it like I did the last time boy George stiffed us on this same particular matter (2001), who couldn't use 300 clams to actually help stimulate our collapsing economy?

My wallet aside, it's mind boggling that these total scum are still sitting in the White House instead of behind bars.
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Re: No Bush Kick Back For You!

I heard the other day that those who file their taxes using the short form aren't entitled to the rebate. Is that true? I'd heard previously that to be entitled to it one just had to file...short vs long form wasn't mentioned.

Comment

I'm sure they've got a book full of way's to 'do us' out of it, but I hadn't heard that one, even tho mine was about as short as can be. I didn't 'qualify' because my reported '07 income was below 3 Gs.
      Good thing, I'd have just spent it...
      https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
        Uhhh, that is the whole point behind the economic stimulus payments. For recipients to simply go out and spend it. Soon. Not just to deposit it in the bank and sit on it.
        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
          I heard the other day that those who file their taxes using the short form aren't entitled to the rebate. Is that true? I'd heard previously that to be entitled to it one just had to file...short vs long form wasn't mentioned.
          From that letter that was sent to us a few weeks ago it makes mention if you file certain tax forms you will not be entitled to the rebate and those tax forms listed if you look them up are the non-resisdent tax forms.

Comment

I must have missed reading his Daddy's lips.
            George W. could have his fingers crossed behind his back when talking about a tax rebate.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
              Uhhh, that is the whole point behind the economic stimulus payments. For recipients to simply go out and spend it. Soon. Not just to deposit it in the bank and sit on it.
              Which means that, once again, I will fail to do as the Bush Administration recommends. Apologies to everyone whose economy I am not stimulating.

Comment

Well my family gets the max. That should cover my daycare for the month.
                “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

A good number of people will be (or should be) using that money to pay down debts as they had already "stimulated" the economy previously.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                    Which means that, once again, I will fail to do as the Bush Administration recommends. Apologies to everyone whose economy I am not stimulating.
                    That makes two of us, although I offer no apology to anyone.

Frankie's Market <--- Thrifty, and proud of it!

Of course, the Feds knew that not everyone is going out to spend their payments immediately. But in this day and age of instant gratification, they made the safe assumption that the vast majority of rebate recipients will indeed spend it, thus triggering the desired effect on the economy.
                    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by oceanpacific View Post
                      A good number of people will be (or should be) using that money to pay down debts as they had already "stimulated" the economy previously.
                      *sheepish hand-raise*
                      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

HELCO will get stimulated by my check.
                        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                          *sheepish hand-raise*
                          Duly noted, but with a warning that such behavior must be under control by the time you hit 40. Or not. Now, put your hand down and get back to work on your paper (or you'll miss the picnic).

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                            I'm sure they've got a book full of way's to 'do us' out of it, but I hadn't heard that one, even tho mine was about as short as can be. I didn't 'qualify' because my reported '07 income was below 3 Gs.
                            How does one survive on $3,000 Annual Gross income? Oh wait a minute...you said that was your "Reported '07 income" meaning you didn't report the rest?
                            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I will assume that he meant REPORTABLE income ............

Comment

Working...
                              X