"Medium" on NBC/CBS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Medium" on NBC/CBS

Anyone catch the 2 hour season premiere on NBC?

I love Medium but when the cartoon killings started I was a little sick.
    Could have been worse.
    Looks like a good start to the season though.
    I wonder what they are going to do with the DA since he is now diabetic?
    Since when is psycho a bad thing??
    Sharing withother survivors...
    www.supportandsurvive.org

Re: "Medium" on NBC

I see an episode of this series from time to time. Tonight's episode was quite eerie, with a woman (B) posioning another woman (A), then marrying that woman's (A) husband and then attempting to slowly posion that woman's (A) daughter. However woman's (B) mother suspects what is happening and then kills her off.

Comment

Interesting episode tonight. A brother and sister comes in to tell DA Devalos that their mother is missing. Allison dreams about the brother being the one responsible for the mother's death but it turns out the brother killed the sister a few years ago and his girl friend discovers him dealing with the sister's body.

The girl friend helps out by driving the sister's car to the airport and along the way she gets into a horrible traffic accident that requires reconstruction surgery. The hosptial staff gets convinced that this is the sister not the girl friend so the girl friend becomes the sister. And the brother tells everyone else that the girl friend left him.

In the present the girl friend kills the mother. The DNA points to the girl friend who returned. However after dreaming all this stuff Allison finally puts it together for the DA to charge the girl friend posing as the sister.

Comment

Really a fascinating series, allegedly based on a real psychic who had worked for the DA in Arizona.
        (No, Frankie, I didn't check it out on snopes, and won't bother. Who cares? It's entertainment!)
        As the series progresses I suppose it gets further and further from reality (actual events) and goes into psychic speculation, but I enjoy the series wholeheartedly.
        It's nice to expand our minds.
        Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
        ~ ~
        Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
        Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
        Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

I guess tonight's episode is the season finale. Alison suffering from a brain tumor that when removed will cause her to lose her gift, but she needs to dream one more time to solve a crime that affects her family.

Comment

Was this series renewed by NBC or rumors true of it being picked up by another network?

Aj

Comment

CBS plans to air it on Fridays between Ghost Whisperer and Numb3rs.
              Burl Burlingame
              "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
              honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Originally posted by buzz1941 View Post
                CBS plans to air it on Fridays between Ghost Whisperer and Numb3rs.
                I hope that works, though the past few seasons are getting further and further from the real Allison DuBois and going into some strange fantasy places. Still, it's entertaining, and being based on a real person certainly ups the interest. We will have to see whether she can get her psychic dreams back. NBC certainly set us up for the possibility of the end of the series with the brain tumor....

Interestingly, prophetic dreams are among the most common spontaneous psychic experiences, but most often dreamers don't realize it's prophetic until after they see it happen in reality.

Her website http://www.allisondubois.com/ says her visions don't come in dreams though, and evidently she has given up police work (no mention of current police work) for the lecture circuit and writing books.
                ~ ~

Comment

I kind of miss Medium on Monday nights. Did catch parts of tonight's episode that dealt with zombies and spiders.

Comment

I thought tonite's episode was just very weird and disjointed. I did not enjoy watching it.
                    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

I agree. Medium seems to be going downhill from its formerly lofty position.
                      ~ ~

Comment

Re: "Medium" on NBC/CBS

Saw an episode of Medium tonight, what was interesting that it showed people watching TV that were broadcast on CBS (like Letterman and their local CBS news station).

Comment

Re: "Medium" on NBC/CBS

http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/cbs-cancels-medium--1803

Medium has been cancelled.

Comment

Glitch in "Medium" - Weird!

I saw an interesting glitch on last night's (11/19) episode!

While Alison was interviewing (questioning) the innocent suspect, after Scanlon left to get a polygraph set up, Alison blinked, cocked her head, blinked again (just before she said, "it's going to be all right."), and when she blinked it looked like her eyelids were transparent - or that she had her eyelids painted to look like eyes. It was obvious, but very quick.

I had it recorded on my DVR, so I went back and viewed it in slow motion, and sure enough, that's what it looked like, particularly her left eye. It must have been some kind of recording or editing glitch - it sure was strange.

Too bad the series is ending, but I guess it's time. I think it outlived its storyline. Although it is one of very few shows I watch, it hasn't been as good as earlier seasons were.
                            ~ ~

Comment

Working...
                            X