• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 2008 Presidential Elections - Chapter 3

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    I would vote for Fred Rogers for God.

In a heartbeat.

One of the sweetest, most "real" people I've ever met.
    I can hear the Episcopal minister turning in his grave, that he should replace God.

Nah, he should be the Messiah that the Jews are waiting for.
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
      I can hear the Episcopal minister turning in his grave, that he should replace God.
      Brah, waz wun Presbyterian, not Episopical...Epsopidsical...Epsipepsipeptobismol.. .wachoo sed.

Comment

Brah, waz wun Presbyterian, not Episopical...Epsopidsical...Epsipepsipeptobismol.. .wachoo sed.
        Sorry, you Protestants all look alike.

Meh, could have pronounced worse. Had a kid who said his religious denomination is Joe Piscopo.
        Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Not me - I one atheist (but was raised in the Episcopal church).

Comment

Meh, could have pronounced worse. Had a kid who said his religious denomination is Joe Piscopo.
            Religion is big on Moloka‘i. That much I figured out. Never seen a place that was that house, house, church, house, house, church in my life. Mahalo to the late Sam Peters, jr. (Governor Linda Lingle’s former boyfriend) for giving me the dime tour.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
            USA TODAY, page 2A
            11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
              Never seen a place that was that house, house, church, house, house, church in my life.
              Apparently youve never been to Oklahoma

And they dont just go for quantity, they go for SIZE!

Junior
              "Positive Vibration"
              Since 1977

Comment

Trying to get back on topic...

Im at a loss as to who McCain would choose for a running mate, but frankly it doesnt matter to me since Im not voting for him. 100 years in Iraq is a definite turn off.

Now, on to Mr. Obama...I like the idea of Bill Richardson for VP. I liked him as a candidate, and I think he is a decent human being with an earnest desire to help not just the Latino voters but America in general. That being said, I agree with a lot of people here that he wouldnt be able to stand up to a lot of the heat that is going to come out in this election. Cabinet member, most assuredly. I think Wes Clark is still being talked about because of his military experience, which would help to shore up the national security gap in Obamas record. Not the best choice, but a choice. While I like Joe Biden, I think hes too "old politics" for what Obama is running on, but thats just opinion. Michael Bloomberg for VP, anyone? If Hillary get the VP slot, and thats a big IF considering how nasty the primary was, I will have to seriously reconsider voting democrat this year. I really like Obama but that would kill it for me. As non-PC as it is to say, there is a real possibility that some racist whack job will shoot Obama putting her in the drivers seat, which is what she has in the back of her head.

Of course, Id love to see any kind of Bloomberg, Hagel, Ron Paul ticket out there too, but thats wishful thinking!

Aloha-
                Junior
                "Positive Vibration"
                Since 1977

Comment

Originally posted by rparkerjr View Post
                  Im at a loss as to who McCain would choose for a running mate, but frankly it doesnt matter to me since Im not voting for him. 100 years in Iraq is a definite turn off.
                  McCain doesn’t like most if not all of the other major candidates with national name recognition. That’s what makes the decision so painful for him. He stands almost alone with Dubya in his position as a centrist neocon Republican. Most GOP politicians have distanced themselves as far as they can from Bush due to his historic low popularity in national polling.

Former Secretary of State Colin Powell, a retired African-American 4-star general who bucked heads with Rumsfeld during his tenure, is likely McCain’s only hope. Powell’s willingness to fight an uphill battle with McCain is another story, not to mention he is a year older then the Arizona senator. Sen. Joe Lieberman is the only “national name” that is unequivocally on the same page as McCain. The problem is if McCain chooses the “independent Democrat,” he alienates every last conservative, including the ones who were planning to pull the lever for him as the lesser of two evils.

Now, on to Mr. Obama...I like the idea of Bill Richardson for VP. I liked him as a candidate, and I think he is a decent human being with an earnest desire to help not just the Latino voters but America in general. That being said, I agree with a lot of people here that he wouldnt be able to stand up to a lot of the heat that is going to come out in this election.
                  I just don’t think this is true. Gov. Bill Richardson’s résumé and border-state credentials trump any questions of his occasional foot-in-mouth disease. Like Tim pointed out earlier, Latinos are the fastest growing demographic in the country, and Richardson requires no translation on Telemundo. That’s the whole reason Chris Dodd is on Obama’s short list, too. Richardson would refuse a cabinet position for the same reason Gore would refuse VP: he’s already done that.

I think Wes Clark is still being talked about because of his military experience, which would help to shore up the national security gap in Obamas record. Not the best choice, but a choice.
                  Gen. Clark’s advantage is he can credibly criticize McCain's record, since he has achieved far more than getting shot down by the Viet Cong. He achieved both military and diplomatic success as the commanding general in Kosovo, having gone back after the war to testify against Serbian dictator Slobodan Milošević at the Hague. While he is a visible MSNBC analyst, his weakness is on the homefront, where he has done little besides serve in token banking and defense-related positions and write a few books.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                  USA TODAY, page 2A
                  11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                    not to mention he is a year older then the Arizona senator.
                    Powell? Not. He's about seven months younger. McCain was born 8/29/36, Powell was born 4/5/37.

Comment

If Gore was given the opportunity by any party to lose as VP again, he'd jump at it, know it would probably be his last shot at the top spot which he has been in politics virtually his whole life for.

McCave/What My Lai massacre? Powell would be quite formidable opposition for BO, for sure, and you can kiss what's left of America good bye if they team up and win.
                      https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

http://news.aol.com/elections/story/...14092009990001

First of all, in all the polls I have been reading, BO has never had a 15 point lead. I think the 15 point lead in June was pure liberal media, make-believe, wishful thinking, horse manure, wanna-be-ism.

Most business owners, when interviewing a potential employee, ALWAYS choose the guy with the least experience, and with no experience at all in the most important part of the job (a war). Right?

We shall see.
                        FutureNewsNetwork.com
                        Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Did the late Tony Snow do a good job when he was the White House Press Secretary?

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                            Did the late Tony Snow do a good job when he was the White House Press Secretary?
                            By what definition of "good"? He did bring a sense of humor to the role.

Comment

By what definition of "good"? He did bring a sense of humor to the role.
                              So did his boss, George W.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                                So did his boss, George W.
                                Hmph. He ain't made me laugh yet; way past time to get him off the stage.

Comment

Working...
                                X