X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Walgreens in Hawaii?

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
    What medical students?
    Heald has the following areas to major in: medical/dental, technology (including networking and electronics), and business.

I'm sure walgreens will find a way to slip some of their products into the classroom.
    I think the parking theory and the offices theory are both good. That's a good building in a good spot. Maybe it's both.
    oh, and I just remembered, when I drove there, my car alarm didn't work good because of KGMB's transmitters.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by adrian View Post
      Heald has the following areas to major in: medical/dental, technology (including networking and electronics), and business.

I'm sure walgreens will find a way to slip some of their products into the classroom.

oh, and I just remembered, when I drove there, my car alarm didn't work good because of KGMB's transmitters.
      You mean the car alarm fob transmitter right?

Why would Walgreens slip their products into the school? That's usually the job of pharmaceutical companies. Walgreens doesn't make any drugs, they merely resell them to the public.

Comment

There's barely enough parking for the deans and other people on the mezzanine level for the school - and don't talk to me about the ground floor parking. Some people park at the First Hawaiian Bank, or across at Ala Moana Mall.
        ...or in the KGMB-TV parking lot, which recently began posting “No Parking” planters (in addition to signs already affixed to walls of their lot).

I’m thinking it’s going to be a war with two construction sites going simultaneously in that busy Ala Moana intersection block. Parking cops are going to have a field day.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
        USA TODAY, page 2A
        11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
          ...or in the KGMB-TV parking lot, which recently began posting “No Parking” planters (in addition to signs already affixed to walls of their lot).

I’m thinking it’s going to be a war with two construction sites going simultaneously in that busy Ala Moana intersection block. Parking cops are going to have a field day.
          Yeah, with people driving more and more on this island, where will people park nowadays? Heck, I don't even try to drive anywhere downtown unless its at Ala Moana, and that'll be during the morning.
          How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Yeah, with people driving more and more on this island, where will people park nowadays?
            Just park anywhere you want and walk over to wherever you wanna go. If you get towed,

1) make a big stink with the owner/management of the establishment that towed your car,

2) fabricate a story about how you felt intimidated/harrased when you tried to get your car back from the towing company,

3) start a massive online campaign of distributing a letter of complaint about the establishment that towed your car, alleging that since you happen to get away with improperly parking your vehicle at (fill in the blank) shopping center, that you feel it thus gives you the right to do the same thing everywhere else. Euphemistically call the (fill in the blank) shopping center's poorly enforced parking regulations as a "good neighbor policy."

Complain loud enough, and you may just be able to get your money back. But of course, you can do it only once per lot.
            This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

I live like 100 feet from the former tower records, now Walgreens. I read somewhere that there's gonna be a drive through pharmacy. What have we come to people?? I understand the lack of parking there, but it kinda takes all the fun out of getting the Diarrhea medicine and having to stand in line with all the other people with undisclosed sickness. Now you get to sit all sick and everything in the comfort of your own car!

Comment

Originally posted by Kittrick View Post
                I live like 100 feet from the former tower records, now Walgreens. I read somewhere that there's gonna be a drive through pharmacy. What have we come to people?? I understand the lack of parking there, but it kinda takes all the fun out of getting the Diarrhea medicine and having to stand in line with all the other people with undisclosed sickness. Now you get to sit all sick and everything in the comfort of your own car!
                Is your problem with the drive-thru pharmacy, I don't think that is any different than fast food drive-thru, in which we all most likely are putting things in our body we are not supposed to! I dislike having LONGS tell me that it will be anywhere from 90 minutes to 2 hours often even after my doctor has called in ahead of time for them to supposedly work on my order which they have not.

Now instead of waiting in line, spending and wasting money in the store I perhaps should not, I can simply drive up to pick up my drugs or drugs for my wife, mother in law, my children, etc. and have it be simpler.

So I welcome this, LONGS would have done this years ago too most likely, problem is most of their stores are too old and in locations where this might not be possible.

Aj

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
                  Is your problem with the drive-thru pharmacy, I don't think that is any different than fast food drive-thru, in which we all most likely are putting things in our body we are not supposed to! I dislike having LONGS tell me that it will be anywhere from 90 minutes to 2 hours often even after my doctor has called in ahead of time for them to supposedly work on my order which they have not.

Now instead of waiting in line, spending and wasting money in the store I perhaps should not, I can simply drive up to pick up my drugs or drugs for my wife, mother in law, my children, etc. and have it be simpler.

So I welcome this, LONGS would have done this years ago too most likely, problem is most of their stores are too old and in locations where this might not be possible.

Aj
                  I was just being silly. I like the idea of a drive through window actually. It saves me from being behind the guy holding the anti-Diarrhea medicine who cuts one loose while standing in line for the register. You won't hear "irv, clean up on isle [insert number]!" as often I imagine either which would be good for the workers there.

Comment

I passed by the old Tower Records/going to new Walgreens location this evening and while the place is not finished there are some lights inside the building that it is on.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                      I passed by the old Tower Records/going to new Walgreens location this evening and while the place is not finished there are some lights inside the building that it is on.
                      Wat? The Lumerians have landed!

Auntie Lynn
                      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Tower Records a distant memory, Walgreens sign up.
                        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
                          Tower Records a distant memory, Walgreens sign up.
                          As long as the original building is there, locals will always think of "Tower" whenever they pass by.

I'll tell ya' what's a distant memory. Remember "Jelly's," across the street?
                          This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Looks like they aren't planning on any major changes to the structure. Now I am definitely curious as to what they plan for the Tower Video building.

Comment

From what I noticed about the Tower Video building while I am waiting for TheBus is that from time to time construction workers are inside the fenced area.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                                As long as the original building is there, locals will always think of "Tower" whenever they pass by.

True dat. I still think of Checkers and Pogo when I look at the KFC on the corner of Kapiolani and Koreamoku.
                                Last edited by Keanu; September 21, 2007, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X