Merrie Monarch - HD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merrie Monarch - HD

Does anyone know if the Merrie Monarch will be broadcast in HD? IMO, this event like the Kamehameha Song Contest needs to be seen in High Def.

Re: Merrie Monarch - HD

Yes - per KHNL TV ad last nite.
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Uh..The Merrie Mornarch is on KITV and yes, it will be broadcast for the first time ever in HD. I don't think KHNL would mention that.
      Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine!

Comment

that's a bit of unecessary nit-picking - you could have at least put a "smiley" on it It's Channel 4, Paula Akana, Kimo Kahoano etc - I know that. I just don't know the call letters of all the channels - never had a need to memorize them. Besides, I'm old and am allowed "senior moments" once in a while. I sincerely apologize for my error & hope I didn't mislead anyone into tuning into the wrong station.
        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Rich works at KITV

Comment

and I'm supposed to know that how? or where you work or anyone else on here? the point I was trying to make, in a humorous way, was that he could have also corrected me in a less serious way. No problem.
            – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

sorry.
              Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine!

Comment

hey, I should have remembered your song "KITV 4, Island Television" la la la la la (that's me singing ) No problem - I'll remember next time. Right now, I'm getting ready with all my snacks to watch Miss Aloha Hula competition. Alas, I don't have HD so will just have to watch the old fashioned style. I got a new HDTV but my landlord's satellite service doesn't subscribe right now.
                – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

I'm Tivoing it, cuz the BF is completely uninterested!
                  ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Thank you KITV, MM looks so much better in HD.

Comment

It's breathtaking in HD. Lovin' it!

Comment

I can't wait to watch it in hd on my dvr when I get back to oahu. although I'm close to the stage, Im seeing mostly their backs.
                        Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
                        My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Comment

I guess I must be the only one who was not impressed by the KITV HD feed. I have seen better. It just did not look good to me. Plus the first night at the start of the braodcast I could swear the audio was out of sync.

Comment

There was noticable audio delay and the levels were all over the place on the HD feed.
                            The analog and digital feeds were ok.

Comment

Working...
                            X