HD trade in at Circuit City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HD trade in at Circuit City

So with the death of HD, those who bought an HD player from Circuit City may have some recourse.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Re: HD trade in at Circuit City

I'm sure other retailers will be allowing trade-ins (e.g Best Buy) eventually.
    Check out my blog on Kona issues :
    The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Konaguy View Post
      I'm sure other retailers will be allowing trade-ins (e.g Best Buy) eventually.
      You think they are going to give me the $368 I paid for my A2 on a Blu-ray player. I don't think so. And if they were to offer me $100-$130 I would not do it. I am happy with my made in Japan A2 and am looking to also pick up either a A35 or A30 model.

Comment

Yeah, man. If anybody wants to sell me their HD DVD movies, cheap, let me know. I'm buying. Seriously.
        Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

I'm happy I stayed out of that format war... and will continue to wait so that hi-def TV and BlueRay player prices go down. They will in time.

In the 1980s I was burned by choosing Beta and of course VHS won. No way I ever want to do that again.

It's good to see Sony come up on top of this one despite the built in DRM on the new technologies.
          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by zztype View Post
            Yeah, man. If anybody wants to sell me their HD DVD movies, cheap, let me know. I'm buying. Seriously.
            Not sure what is cheap is to you. But in the past few weeks I have brought these new titles below from Amazon.com, Deepdiscount, and BB for under $10.

1. Shaun of the Dead
            2. Pride and Prejudice
            3. Pianist
            4. Lucky # Slevin
            5. Clerks 2
            6. Matador
            7. Derailed
            8. Old School
            9. Anchorman
            10. Sahara
            Last edited by kdramafan; March 11, 2008, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
              I'm happy I stayed out of that format war... and will continue to wait so that hi-def TV and BlueRay player prices go down. They will in time.

In the 1980s I was burned by choosing Beta and of course VHS won. No way I ever want to do that again.

It's good to see Sony come up on top of this one despite the built in DRM on the new technologies.
              Won't be buying a Blu-ray player any time soon unless they drop to under $200.

I am very happy with my two A2's as well as my 200 hd dvd collection. My average cost per hd-dvd has been about $11 each.

I will be picking up a A30 for about $100 and am still looking for the A35 if I can get one for $150 or less.

Comment

Originally posted by kdramafan View Post
                Won't be buying a Blu-ray player any time soon unless they drop to under $200.
                And comes with recording feature. BTW, when are they going to make Blu-Ray Recordable discs?
                Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                  And comes with recording feature. BTW, when are they going to make Blu-Ray Recordable discs?
                  Sony, TDK, Imation makes 25gb & 50gb Blu-Ray Recordable discs. They are not cheap about $17-20 for the 25gb and $40 for the 50gb. In fact last week someone found some TDK 25gb ones on sale for about $5 each. Those got scooped up real fast.

Comment

Originally posted by kdramafan View Post
                    You think they are going to give me the $368 I paid for my A2 on a Blu-ray player. I don't think so. And if they were to offer me $100-$130 I would not do it. I am happy with my made in Japan A2 and am looking to also pick up either a A35 or A30 model.

Umm no. But it is possible that other retailers may give a trade in credit for a HD-DVD player. Which can be used on a Blu-ray player.
                    Check out my blog on Kona issues :
                    The Kona Blog

Comment

I wonder if they'd take my LaserDisc player.

Comment

Working...
                      X