Another earthquake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Another earthquake?

I didn't feel a thing here in Waikiki. No siren warning of an impending tsunami either. Whew.
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Details:

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/...72.php#details

I'm going back to sleep.

Comment

Re: Earthquake - Nov. 23, 2006

Honolulu Advertiser:
        4.5 magnitude earthquake felt; no tsunami expected
        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
          I didn't feel a thing here in Waikiki. No siren warning of an impending tsunami either. Whew.
          Were you sleeping?

I'm right across the Ala Wai from you and I got woken out of bed!

First thought was... grab the wife and kid and head for the hills... then I thought... Wait for the sirens... cause it wasn't as big as the 15th.

Is it really an aftershock though? Seems odd that an aftershock would hit more than a month and a week laterl!

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
            Were you sleeping? I'm right across the Ala Wai from you and I got woken out of bed!
            Nope. I was wide awake, sitting in the living room, watching Alton Brown cook a bird. Speaking of which, perhaps I still have a "tryptophan high" from the turkey we had for dinner the other night. Either that, or our building has earthquake shock absorbers.
            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Anyone want to sell their Kohala property cheap?

Comment

I came back home from Christmas shopping when the 5.0 hit Kona. It was very unnerving and scary . We did lose our power for about an hour after the quake along with our cable tv.
                Check out my blog on Kona issues :
                The Kona Blog

Comment

Man I thought that was my imagination! I was outside on my front porch watching my kid play with the chickens when I felt my metal lawn chair rock.

Wow look at all the reports that came in: http://pasadena.wr.usgs.gov/shake/hi...m_stats_1.html
                  Last edited by craigwatanabe; November 23, 2006, 10:32 AM.
                  Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
                    [...]Is it really an aftershock though? Seems odd that an aftershock would hit more than a month and a week laterl!
                    Because of the location it's probably an aftershock. Those things can go on for what seems like forever.

Didn't feel a thing in Kakaako tho'.

Comment

I called my dad on Kauai and he didn't feel a thing but he said he was outside when it hit.

Comment

Dude, it's just an earthquake. Relax. Minors.

I hear the power is out in North Kona by the Airport. Aren't you glad you spent the extra $400 on a good propane oven?
                        FutureNewsNetwork.com
                        Energy answers are already here.

Comment

As being shaking up goes, this one is kind of minor and the aftermath of it so far has been adding more traffic to HawaiiThreads and the newscast on the radio. No one is really panicing just comparing notes for today but...

This is what the fourth quake to be felt on Oahu this year alone. That in itself is kind of unusal.

Comment

i had checked the advertiser and khon before i had posted, and found nothing about it. i guess i acted too quick.

could you imagine if the power went out tommorrow, during black friday?

i think the big island is going to sink pretty soon...
                            Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Earthquake? Oh, good. I got up just then. I was walking the bathroom when I heard some glass rattling. I thought the house was trying to tell me to loose weight. Or maybe the termites weren't holding hands. Except for some minor rattling of glass, I didn't hear or feel anything.

Comment

Whats even more unusual is the location of these quakes.Today's one was in the general vicinity of the October 15 6.7 earthquake in Kiholo. It just means that we are bound to have more aftershocks for awhile.

Power is back on up in Kona Highlands,Kona Palisades area, Tim. It was out for about an hour.
                                Check out my blog on Kona issues :
                                The Kona Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X