Jasmine Trias News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jasmine Trias News

Wow it sure looks like Jasmine is experimenting. I heard the Pizza Hut one and it sounds more like a commercial for an airline. Then the recent samples... too much like the latest teen sensation Jojo. It sounds like someone with a typically good singing voice (not anything really unique) singing corny lyrics.

So what's the label she's hooked up with?

Comment

Originally posted by cezanne
      Wow it sure looks like Jasmine is experimenting. I heard the Pizza Hut one and it sounds more like a commercial for an airline. Then the recent samples... too much like the latest teen sensation Jojo. It sounds like someone with a typically good singing voice (not anything really unique) singing corny lyrics.

So what's the label she's hooked up with?
      Jasmine Trias, the Filipino-American 3rd place finalist on last year's "American Idol," will have her self titled debut album in stores July 12, 2005. Her new CD introduces an edgier, rhythm and blues-based sound. From the single, “Excuses” (already #1 in the Philippines) to “Sexy Boy,” with its playful relaxed grooves. Jasmine Trias soothes her listeners into forgetting about the hustle surrounding their busy lives from the moment they hear her soulfully comforting voice.

Jasmine has quickly become a triple threat artist, expecting to play a singer and drummer in the film entitled "All Girl Band,” written by the Academy Award-winning Sherman Brothers son, Jeff Sherman. Richard and Robert Sherman’s works include "Mary Poppins," "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang," "The Jungle Book" and "The Parent Trap." ClockWork Entertainment Executive Producers Debbie Hammond and Gary Greenberg have had success with acts like DREAM, TQ, Fantasia and Bone, and Thugs N Harmony.

Jasmine’s debut album is being distributed throughout the United States, the Philippines, and Japan by Universal Music and Aloha Music. It contains 14 songs produced and written by multi platinum industry leaders, like Diane Warren and Vincent Herbert, and a remake by Sean "P. Diddy" Combs.

You will be able to find Jasmine's tour schedule and places to buy her CD on her official fan site www.allthatjas.net or her official site www.jasminetrias.net. Jasmine posts her personal updates on www.myspace.com/jasmine_trias.

Comment

Originally posted by aznxdarkricex
        Jasmine has quickly become a triple threat artist, expecting to play a singer and drummer...
        Continuing the trend Jimmy has, of making stronger ties to Hawaii, Jasmine has been recruited by Buffet now, and is slated to sing AND drum in his Coral Reefer band.

Comment

Yes, you are defintely a jackass.

Comment

Palolo Joe, I strongly recommend you use the 'Ignore' feature this forum software provides. It has proven to improve the browsing experience for many users. Either way, please refrain from chasing down every single post Kimo makes to deliver a personal attack. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by admin
              Palolo Joe, I strongly recommend you use the 'Ignore' feature this forum software provides.
              He can't ignore him, he's in looooove!

PaloloJoe, once you just let it wash over you, it gets a lot easier.

PaloloJoe and Kimo, sittin' in a tree ...

Comment

yea, thanks fer stoppin in, kay dubya.

Comment

no, it's;
                  "yuo aer definatelly a jackass"

Comment

Ooh, I got a red mark for that! I consider that the highest compliment, when some anonymous coward with no sense of humor or perspective feels like he has to smite me. Hmm, wonder who it was ... I wonder ... hmm ...

Back on topic ... I don't care for Jasmine's music or voice, but I wish her well anyway. I hope she finds her own style and stops playing that poor excuse for what they call "R&B" these days. There are enough of those boring little tw*ts running around the airwaves these days. She seems like a nice kid.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
                      I'm all for a local girl getting some national props, but if that first song is any indication (and I haven't listened to anything else yet), this girl needs to get some decent songwriters behind her.
                      Yea, I have to agree. Production is tight as it should be but the songs seemed like tracks like D. Warren and others couldn't pitch-up to other artists.

I'm also bummed that the promo started with a fast-food tie in so early in the game. It totally backfired it seems according to my younger sisters. Over branding and imaging in the wrong direction I think

But I do like her voice and I'm not a promo guy so there's probably a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow for Jasmine.....I hope

Spongie

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
                        I'm all for a local girl getting some national props, but if that first song is any indication (and I haven't listened to anything else yet), this girl needs to get some decent songwriters behind her.
                        Yea, I have to agree. Production is tight as it should be but the songs seemed like tracks like D. Warren and others couldn't pitch-up to other artists.

I'm also bummed that the promo started with a fast-food tie in so early in the game. It totally backfired it seems according to my younger sisters. Over branding and imaging in the wrong direction I think.

But I do like her voice and I'm not a promo guy so there's probably a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow for Jasmine.....I hope

Spongie

Comment

Jasmine is making it big overseas in da Philippines too. She guested on many of the phil tv networks and she was part of a big concert in San Fran in Monster Park with other famous filipino singers and groups a few weeks ago. she has a lot more training to go technically as a singer but she has it in her. in da phils, singing contests are a major event and have brought out rags to riches stories like Regine Velasquez.
                          Reggie aka pinakboy
                          Reggie's Kaukau Time! blog
                          Raw Eats Veggie Videos
                          Recipe Tube TV!
                          Deep Fried Recipes TV!

checkem out!!

Comment

Jasmine Trias on MadTV tonight...

Anyon else catch the interview Jasmine gave??? all 10 seconds of it?
                            She came on between Mike Tyson and Billie Joe Armstrong.

To be honest... it looked like Mad TV was small kind trying to Mock her for a second or two.... I dunno... anyone else catch it?

Comment

Jasmine Trias is really traveling

Just found out awhile ago, she's having a concert in Houston this weekend. She's also will be headlining her own concert in Australia...Aug 26. Next month (May 20), she, Camile Velasco and Jordan Segundo will be performing at the KTSF Asian Family Heritage Celebration at Paramount's Great America. Jasmine is headlining the concert.
                              JasManiacs.com | Jasmine Mania For Maniacs

Comment

Re: Jasmine Trias is really traveling

Love Jasmine. Stuck finger at Simon and took that challenge of "you had better hope that each household in Hawai'i has five phones to call in". But do us a favor--no need to come on to HT and advertise for her. Just make sure that her myspace page is current and stylin' so that the people who want to follow her can stop by, check on her scoops, and show her some love.

Change your name because the doing billboard thang is limu.

pax

Comment

Working...
                                X