Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Walgreens in Hawaii?

Originally posted by kani-lehua View Post
    personally, i think it's good competition for long's to have other pharmacies around such as walgreen's. i have summerlin and use walgreen's mail order plan. i'm wondering though if it would be cheaper to go to the store or maybe even sam's club?
    If you use the Walgreen's phone service to refill your prescription, you can specify that you want your medications in one hour. Every time I did that with Long's the earliest I remember being able to pick it up was 1/2 a day I think.

If your doctor sends the prescription in at Walgreen's, you'll get a robo-call saying your prescriptions are ready.

The thing I get from Sam's Club is contact lenses. they are soooo cheap!

Comment

I phoned in a refill to Walgreen's yesterday morning and specified a 3:00p pick up. I received the robo-call before then to tell me they'd have to contact my insurance first. I called to inquire about it and they said there was no problem but the rx wouldn't be available 'til this morning. I went in at 12N after circling the block twice waiting for parking and...oops!...they'd forgotten to fill the order so I had to wait. No problem tho', as I was parked right in front and I wanted to get my money's worth out of that stall!

I find that store visually depressing, for lack of a better word.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
        I phoned in a refill to Walgreen's yesterday morning and specified a 3:00p pick up. I received the robo-call before then to tell me they'd have to contact my insurance first. I called to inquire about it and they said there was no problem but the rx wouldn't be available 'til this morning. I went in at 12N after circling the block twice waiting for parking and...oops!...they'd forgotten to fill the order so I had to wait. No problem tho', as I was parked right in front and I wanted to get my money's worth out of that stall!

I find that store visually depressing, for lack of a better word.
        Hey, candy is 2/$1 and the baby food snacks were 5/$5 so my wallet and my son were happy. They had 2/$3 going for the arare enjoy snacks a few days ago, so I don't really care much about what the store looked like. At least it was clean.

Comment

Originally posted by Kittrick View Post
          [...]At least it was clean.
          And, it's walking distance for you! Hands down, convenience overrides atmosphere for me! There's an ABC store directly across the street from me. <wave to Tatt!> In the 29 years prior to my new location I think I was inside an ABC Store maybe 5 times. They're overpriced and nothing special but, oh, that convenience now!

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
            That's not how it looks to me. That entire back part of the building, the side that faces the Kamehameha bus terminal, still looks totally the same, including the downstairs part. I hope they hurry it up!
            Well the bowling alley as we used to know it is pretty much gone.

Why they have left the teepee entrance intact unless it's a shelter from rain and sun for security guards.

Aj

Comment

Well they tore down a ton of stuff today at Kam Bowl, all now that seems left is the back wall and some machinery that was used to spin the bowling pins around it seems.

Aj

Comment

And the Kaneohe location remains a flat lot. With a security guard.

Comment

Kam Bowl is now gone, right now they are basicially removing the rubble and debri.

Aj

Comment

Yep. If you're standing on Kapalama Avenue, right in front of the Kamehameha bus terminal, you can face Kam Shopping Center and see the roof of the McDonalds.
                    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Paid my first visit to Walgreens in the islands and it was so expensive, I went to Walmart instead! It was a happening place when it first opened, but I think the crowds went to Walmart instead since the parking lot was packed!

Comment

hi i visited walgreen's where the old kam bowl once was and it's very large inside,larger than the one on keeamoku and when i checked out the dvd price's that it come's in a pack,it's a bit expensive and when i went to don quiojte,the price for one dvd-r is inexpensive so i thought to share this with everyone.

well thank's for your time

Comment

Good ol' Don Qxuite is usually lower on all electronics. I always shop there for that stuff.

Comment

Circumstances beyond my control found me at Walgreen's in kaneohe at
                            midnight......I didn't even know they were open 24 hours!
                            Good time to shop though, no one is there!

Comment

Originally posted by leashlaws View Post
                              Circumstances beyond my control found me at Walgreen's in kaneohe at
                              midnight......I didn't even know they were open 24 hours!
                              Good time to shop though, no one is there!

Not ALL Walgreens 24 hours now! Only certain locations....

Comment

Originally posted by DannyWilliams View Post
                                Not ALL Walgreens 24 hours now! Only certain locations....
                                Where are you going get your chilled 6-pack,gum,and condoms at that hour?

Comment

Working...
                                X