Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gun Control

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
    Or, like is now so popular in Hawaii you might just drive away and let the person die probably alone and slowly with little to no chance of help.
    Obviously those people who do that are not living the spirit of aloha.

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
      Obviously those people who do that are not living the spirit of aloha.

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!
      Maybe they souldn't even be living.

Strict jerk control now!
      https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Here is a gun nut that is very proud of himself for killing a magnificent animal. Kill them all til there is nothing left! I'm rooting for all the elephants of the world. The guy in the video must be insecure about his "manhood" in order to get off on killing elephants.

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

From my youth I remember reading about Teddy Roosevelt going hunting in Africa and being photographed beside this pile of dead magnificent animals and it was noted that hunting was getting more difficult. As the prey is killed off, that can be expected to happen. Killing for fun. I can see it in order to eat but just for amusement? Remember Sarah Palin shooting moose with a high powered rifle with scope from a helicopter? Cruelty & carnage: why? Now if you're talking about killing man eating sharks we may have something to talk about.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
            From my youth I remember reading about Teddy Roosevelt going hunting in Africa and being photographed beside this pile of dead magnificent animals and it was noted that hunting was getting more difficult. As the prey is killed off, that can be expected to happen.
            As I understand it, Teddy Roosevelt's idea of conservation was to preserve the opportunity for us to kill the those magnificent animals. The competing idea that we should conserve the animals themselves, rather than our opportunity to kill and eat them (or display them on a wall), tends to be called environmentalism. Those critical of TR's sort of conservation ought to bear in mind that he was largely responsible for our system of national parks and national forests, and generally for our sense that natural resources ought to be conserved.
            Greg

Comment

Originally posted by GregLee View Post
              The competing idea that we should conserve the animals themselves, rather than our opportunity to kill and eat them (or display them on a wall), tends to be called environmentalism.
              If you kill it, you better be ready to put it on your table and eat it that night. I would like to see that gun nut, referenced in the link, eat that elephant from trunk to tail.

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!

Comment

Killing for fun seems to be one of those things that has gone, or is going out of fashion. Society is gradually becoming less brutal and less cruel. TR's stand on slaughtering animals just for amusement was in line with the standards of his day, and feeding people to lions was fine by ancient Roman standards and Rome was one of the greatest civilizations of history. TR was incredibly progressive in his anti trust position and in fostering safe food laws and labor safety laws. Sometimes I wonder what things we do commonly today that will be considered primitively brutal by people in the future; who knows? Eating meat? Keeping pets? Fur is pretty much out of fashion, maybe leather shoes will go the way of bear skin rugs.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
                  Sometimes I wonder what things we do commonly today that will be considered primitively brutal by people in the future;
                  The paranoid fascination with guns. Eventually, gun ownership will be pretty much marginalized, just like smoking has been. The more pressure that is applied, the sooner it will happen. It took about 30 years to essentially eradicate the curse of smoking. The same will happen with enacting sane gun laws.

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!

Comment

It took about 30 years to essentially eradicate the curse of smoking. The same will happen with enacting sane gun laws.
                    I'll be fine with that if/when the world has finally become a safe place for all and tyranical Gmts. are a thing of the past, until then... hands off my ability to defend myself and restore a civil state.

Comment

when the world has finally become a safe place for all and tyranical Gmts. are a thing of the past, until then... hands off my ability to defend myself and restore a civil state.
                      It is nice when others demonstrate my point for me.

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!

Comment

It is nice when others demonstrate my point for me.
                        Your point is no legal guns available and no protection for law abiding citizens. I reject your point, unless you've changed your mind.

Comment

Your point is no legal guns available and no protection for law abiding citizens.
                          roll eyes roll eyes roll eyes

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!

Comment

Let's see how this goes

1) The victims of the navy yard shooting are the true "first responders"
                            According to USA Today, it was 7 minutes from the first 911 call before police entered the building. Who knows how long before paramedics would be allowed to help the wounded. Everyone in the area of the shooter had to rely on themselves and those with them to survive.
                            2) Not considering luck, a victim's chance of survival was affected by their preparedness. ("victim" being anyone who was at risk of being killed)
                            - good cardio
                            - mental/emotional strength & edurance
                            - situational awareness, proper reaction, and reaction time
                            - knowledge of exits
                            - knowledge of paths with sufficient cover/concealment
                            - first aid, treatment of acute trauma, and adequate supplies
                            3) The killer disobeyed rules and laws
                            - rules and laws are meaningless if they cannot be enforced
                            - at what cost are we willing to enforce rules and laws?
                            4) Before the incident, victims felt safe but weren't
                            - fear management is inferior to danger management
                            5) The police and security usually show up after the fact.
                            - once again, the initial victims are the "first responders". their lives are in their hands
                            "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
                            "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
                            "
                            Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

New York City Murder Rate In 2013 Falls To Levels Not Seen Since 1950s

It is likely that some pundits here on HT as well as the NRA will say that the reason the homicide rate is down is because there are more guns in circulation. However, "Police Commissioner Ray Kelly cited the NYPD's controversial stop and frisk policies as a primary factor in the dip." But I am sure that there are those on HT who know better than the police commissioner.

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!

Comment

"Police Commissioner Ray Kelly cited the NYPD's controversial stop and frisk policies as a primary factor in the dip."
                                That'll soon end.

As offensive as any killing is, I find it much more offensive that anyone would embrace giving killers the infinite upper hand by restricting the good citizens the ability/opportunity to save their life or the lives of others with defensive weaponry. That makes them merely a single step less culpable of murder than the actual killer.

STAY THE HELL OUTTA MY LIFE AND THE CHANCE TO SAVE IT (and maybe even your's) NOW!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X