Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: R.I.P. Charlton Heston

Yep, typo.

Of all the vBulletin boards I visit, this one has a disappearing EDIT button after a period of time.
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Last time I saw Heston was in Michael Moore's Bowling for Columbine I think.

I dont agree with his political or gun views, but great actor.

Many may not be aware Heston was once a liberal Democrat, but changed his views during the 1960's as did some others like Frank Sinatra.

Aj

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
        Last time I saw Heston was in Michael Moore's Bowling for Columbine I think.

I dont agree with his political or gun views, but great actor.

Many may not be aware Heston was once a liberal Democrat, but changed his views during the 1960's as did some others like Frank Sinatra.

Aj
        He was one of the first Hollywood stars to take an active role in the Civil Rights movement. He marched with Martin Luther King and raised lots of money for the cause. He was honored for his contributions by civil rights leaders in Los Angeles over the weekend. Throughout his life he supported the Constitution and the Bill of Rights without apology though he is best remembered for his support of the Second Amendment. One of my favorite quotes from him is regarding political correctness, he described it thusly: "Political correctness is tyranny with manners."

Comment

Originally posted by glossyp View Post
          Throughout his life he supported the Constitution and the Bill of Rights without apology though he is best remembered for his support of the Second Amendment. One of my favorite quotes from him is regarding political correctness, he described it thusly: "Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
          You might like his talk to the Harvard Law School Forum on February 16, 1999

Comment

I haven't seen The Ten Commandments in a long time. Billy Crystal did an impression of Edward G. Robinson in that movie saying,"Where's your Messiah now," in a New Yawk accent. Was that a made-up quote that wasn't in the movie? Sometimes, impressionists do their funny line often enough that you think that the celebrity they're doing actually said that.

Comment

Working...
            X