Have you met someone famous?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Have you met someone famous?

Saw Dr. Kildare (Richard Chamberlain) buying napkins at the Beretania Safeway about a year ago. See ex-Governors Waihee and Cayetano all the time for whatever reason. Have shook hands with Bill Clinton at the Blaisdell and I got Al Gore's autograph last fall at a fundraiser. Brooke Burns (Baywatch/North Shore)
    was at Queens Health Care Center at the HHV a few months ago with her daughter. She is real tall and very nice, I thought to myself, gee she has Bruce Willis probably on her cell phone and of course ex-husband Julian McMahon (from Profiler, Charmed and now Nip & Tuck).

Also met Shaq when the Lakers trained here and several other sports stars at the Maui Invitational from David Robinson to Joe Montana to Magic Johnson.

KalihiBoy

Comment

man, you guys meet a lot of famous people. the only person i think of as kinda famous was the old lead singer for aha. met him on a plane to europe (on my way to a backpacking trip way back when). he was super nice and looked for me at the baggage area later. said if i had some time to join him and his group for coffee. cool guy.
      525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Back in 86 while workin at da airport handling baggage, i met Gloria Estefan and her husband Emilion with deir young son at da time. They came down as Miami Sound Machine and our company handled their baggage while Robert's Hawaii handled deir sound equipment. She was so pretty in person but down to earth like any other mom. She was scolding her son in front of me! lol

She didn't come back to perform in Hawaii ever since though if I recall, after dey had da big accident where her bus turned over and she had spinal surgery etc.

Also met the Jet's aka the Wolfgramm Family when dey were flying out of HNL.

I met Jesse Kuhaulua aka Takamiyama of Sumo fame... he sized me up and mustve muttered under his breath "u too small brada"! lol
        Reggie aka pinakboy
        Reggie's Kaukau Time! blog
        Raw Eats Veggie Videos
        Recipe Tube TV!
        Deep Fried Recipes TV!

checkem out!!

Comment

Ova Hea, Get Plenty Kine Celeb`s. You Meet Um All Ova Da Place

Randy Travis George Harrison Oprah Winfrey All Da Kine

Well Known People In Da Mainland .....

But Da Bestest Is Our Own..................

Papa Gabb`s Pahinui, His Son`s ..... Dennis Pavao.....

Kaleo O` Kalani Playing Nahe`nahe Music.......

Wat Can Top Da Hawaiian Style....... Oggboy
          bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

I guess I can add to this list: Musashimaru aka Fiamalu Penitani I went to school with him and my Husband graduated with him, Sunny Garcia was also a classmate of mine, we saw not met Mike Dikta in the Vegas airport( I just wasn't intrested in meeting him) Baba B ( we used to hang out at the beach with the gang) I know there are a few more but I have to think for a little bit.........I'll get back to you

Comment

oh, man...where to start? tom selleck and the rest of the cast of magnum, dick butkus, gaylord perry, willie mccovy and a host of other hall of famers from various professional sports, pops pahinui (he played at my sister's first birthday luau)...i've interviewed george carlin, blues traveler, social distortion and a truckload of other entertainment celebrities, rossano brazzi (from here to eternity)...i've shared stages with sublime, fishbone, the toasters, the specials, hepcat, reel big fish, long beach dub all stars and countless others i can't begin to list...

the truth is, though, that the most impressive people i've ever met are not famous and have no desire to be...
              Don't be mean,
              try to help.

Comment

Originally posted by jdub
                the truth is, though, that the most impressive people i've ever met are not famous and have no desire to be...
                Can I get an AMEN from the congregation?

I got to meet this guy Jamie Winpenny once, a few years back. A friend told me he was a big name in the local music scene. What a rockstar...

Comment

In Seattle, I saw Kurt Cobain, Courtney Love and their daughter shopping at a record store.

In New York (lived there for 2-3 years), saw quite a few. Richard Dreyfus, Gene Hackman, Glenn Close, Goldie Hawn, and quite a few others.. takes awhile to try to remember their names - saw around 10 or 15, shouldn't have seen more.. but never went to the 'celebrity-going areas' of Manhattan all that often really.

The Cobain and Courtney was the only one that really impressed me.. and I was young and impressionable at the time as well!

Comment

Yeah, but did you MEET any of them, or just see them out in public?

Comment

oops.. just saw them in public.. didn't read this thread very well.

i did meet BJORK though.. i was helping out and putting flyers up in the small area she was going to play that night.. she came in, checked out the stage, did a few twirls as she walked over to us, thanked us for putting up flyers, and twirled away.

Comment

At least she was in a good mood... I've seen video of her attacking a cameraman and fans when she wasn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe
                          At least she was in a good mood... I've seen video of her attacking a cameraman and fans when she wasn't.
                          YEAH! I saw that.. she was in Bangkok right.. and couldn't deal with the press filming her and attacked that girl with the camera!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger Beer
                            YEAH! I saw that.. she was in Bangkok right.. and couldn't deal with the press filming her and attacked that girl with the camera!!
                            I hope she wasn't wearing her "swan" costume at the time. That would have been tutu much!

Miulang
                            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

She had a particular problem with that particular "journalist," who had been beligerent in stalking and demanding attention from her. I thought it was rather entertaining when she finally snapped.

I'm a big fan of Bjork. Especially because she's weird.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                                She had a particular problem with that particular "journalist," who had been beligerent in stalking and demanding attention from her. I thought it was rather entertaining when she finally snapped.

I'm a big fan of Bjork. Especially because she's weird.
                                Did she curse in Icelandic or in English?

Miulang
                                "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X