This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Are You GO for $39?

Here's Lee Cataluna's take on go! in this morning's Advertiser.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
      Here's Lee Cataluna's take on go! in this morning's Advertiser.

Miulang
      I'll wait to see if they actually start running late and flinging bags, blahblahblah before I make judgements.

I bought another set of two round-trip tickets to go to the Big Island next weekend. On Hawaiian (go! doesn't fly to Hilo yet). Over $380.

What a joke.

Comment

Any of you guys actually try flying on E-Go Airlines yet? Let us know how it is please! I followed an E-go! jet into Lihue yesterday and only 3 people got off. On the way out they only took 5 people back to Honolulu.
        GO WARRIORS!!

Comment

Is E-Go the same thing as go! from mesa? Just checking.

Comment

Does any one else think this is B.S?

Local new hires at go! are sent to Washington D.C. where they stay until they have enough seniority to return home.

http://pacific.bizjournals.com/pacif...12/daily4.html

"Ornstein has not specified how many Hawaii residents have been hired, but told PBN that the first local hires have started work in the Washington, D.C., area and can return to Hawaii when their seniority permits it."

Good luck with that!

Comment

From what I've been reading that lotsa folks in the airline industry work thousands of miles away from their homes and they rely on their standby seat status to hitch rides on any airline with an available seat to get to and from work. Since they typically only work like 15 days a month, it gives them the flexibility to live whereever they choose. Only problem is now the airline seats (especially during the summer months) are almost all occupied with paying customers, meaning that the airline employees have to go on a pretty long and creative commute. As for why the Hawai'i crews are based in Washington, DC until they gain seniority, I don't know, but I do know Mesa has a very big hub at Dulles.

Miulang
              Last edited by Miulang; June 14, 2006, 09:54 AM.
              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Wow!
                I guess it sucks to be them.

Do you believe the local carriers will give up what few stand-by seats they have so the go! employees can visit their families? How does that work?

Comment

Originally posted by Hawaii SEO
                  Wow!
                  I guess it sucks to be them.

Do you believe the local carriers will give up what few stand-by seats they have so the go! employees can visit their families? How does that work?
                  Here's a story about how the fuller planes are impacting some long distance airline employees' commuting.

Miulang

Comment

Thanks! That’s rough.
                    So are the local carriers forced to give up a seat as long as it’s available, is it up to the crew or is it up to the airline to set the policy regarding if go! employees can catch a free ride or if they are SOL?

Comment

• Re: Are You GO for $39?

Thanks! That’s rough.
                      So are the local carriers forced to give up a seat as long as it’s available, is it up to the crew or is it up to the airline to set the policy regarding if go! employees can catch a free ride or if they are SOL?
                      It's probably the policy of the individual airline, although I don't see how or why the local carriers wouldn't want to allow go! employees to fill up their empty seats...it would work the other way, too. Suppose an AQ or HA employee needed to get from LV to Portland or Seattle to work their route? Mesa flies to both PDX and SEA (so does United and Alaska).

Miulang

Comment

One reason I guess is that the extra weight costs money in fuel. United and Alaska aren’t trying to steal market share via predatory pricing schemes and HA at least flies directly to Portland & Seattle. I believe go! would benefit much, much more from the free rides than the local carriers ever will. Not exactly a fair trade.

Hawaiian Airlines is Hiring
                        http://pacific.bizjournals.com/pacif...ml?jst=b_ln_hl

Do you believe these local new hires will work on the mainland and can only return to Hawaii when their seniority permits it. Or do you believe these people will likely be able to stay here in Hawaii?

Comment

Hawaiian Airlines is Hiring

http://pacific.bizjournals.com/pacif...ml?jst=b_ln_hl

Do you believe these local new hires will work on the mainland and can only return to Hawaii when their seniority permits it. Or do you believe these people will likely be able to stay here in Hawaii?
                          It's probably the opposite situation for HA and AQ: They probably keep their new hires in Hawai'i until they gain seniority. My guess is the longer distance flights are considered primo assignments compared to the interisland ones where you would have to work "harder" because you'd have to work more flights.

Miulang

Comment

Wow that makes for one tough commute. In comparison the parking lots we call H1 and H2 seem so minor to their commute.
                            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by aloha-anon
                              Any of you guys actually try flying on E-Go Airlines yet? Let us know how it is please! I followed an E-go! jet into Lihue yesterday and only 3 people got off. On the way out they only took 5 people back to Honolulu.
                              I flew go! on June 9th, the second flight from Maui to Oahu on the first day of operation. Every seat was occupied. Everyone seemed to be in a good mood, especially the passengers. We were served free juice and had the option to order something else for a fee. The overhead stowage is pretty small but there's plenty of space for carryons under the seats. The announcements were prerecorded in today's pidgin (aurai!), very homey. The flight itself seemed quick but because of the plane's smaller size, turbulence is definitely more noticeable than Aloha and Hawaiian. One difference about go! that might turn some people off is boarding from the runway. Personally, I like it because it reminds me of the old days. Besides, the fresh air is always nice.

Overall good experience.

Comment

My last two flights confirm that go! no longer serves complimentary drinks. Also, the prerecorded pidgin announcements are no more.

Comment

Working...
                                X