"Lost" Season 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good news to all LOST fans out there!

Aloha!....I have good news to all LOST fans out there! My cousin that is a subscriber of TV Guide Magazine told me that the August 28th issue has a CD attached called TV Guide LOST CD-ROM. This is cool guys the CD contains live interview of the cast and creators of the LOST Show and also has a sneak peak of the season 3.
    This is really cool..! I am really excited about the season 3 of LOST!

Comment

Re: "Lost" Season 3

The Mayor announced the other day that Saturday September 30 Waikiki Sunset on the Beach will be the Hawaii premier of Lost - several days before the October 4 TV season three premiere - complete w Red Carpet star sitings. Remember sitting thru the rain last year? Worth it for the very first public view of The Hatch!

Comment

Originally posted by NoCal Boy
        It will be really interesting to see when and how they do bring Michael back, given his actions of last season. But I was surprised he'd be so quickly banished to even "recurring character" status. I always thought that Walt was seen as "key" to the whole mystery so it seems odd that this element would be removed. But we did see even last season how this would become increasingly problematic to the producers as Malcom David Kelly seemed to have grown about six inches since the crash, which was what, about two months in LOST-time?
        I'm thinking that time goes by differently off the island than on. Maybe it goes by faster off the island? My guess is that Walt will be back as "adult Walt" and everyone will be wondering how that happened, it's only been 6 months since the crash!
        I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Thanks, Kimo, for the official word. I'm glad they're still going to do the advance thing, even with "this little thing called the internet" (as Carlton said last year in asking, in futility, for the audience to not leak spoilers). My family and I were among those that got soaked last year, but it was worth it. (Well, for my wife and I, our kids aren't fans.) We weren't sure how much we loved the show 'til that day, and launched our brief "LOST" podcast career soon afterward. We definitely plan to be there this year as well!

And thanks for the heads up, Amazon Liz. I wonder if the CDROM will be packaged with newsstand copies as well, or if it's a benefit only for subscribers?

Getting sporadic filming activity reports... playground in Palolo Valley, North Shore near Camp Erdman, ol' Kimo55's note about downtown last weekend... Glad to hear they're busy makin' the good stuff! As usual, if you eagle-eyed folks spot a bunch of trailers, drop me a line!

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
            We weren't sure how much we loved the show 'til that day, and launched our brief "LOST" podcast career soon afterward.
            I miss your and Jen's podcast. You alllllllllll everybody.

Comment

Thanks, LeiKaina. We miss it too. Seems we're now just as infamous for quitting the show as we were when we were still doing it. If only we all could get paid to do the things we already did for love! And, you know, had 96 hours in a day. It's nice to be remembered so fondly, since in Internet time your 15 minutes is usually 15 nanoseconds.

Of course, we still collaborate with other "LOST" podcasts (and will be putting out a few goodies in the weeks to come), and I coordinate the Lost Podcasting Network, and there's lots of good stuff out there. Lots of "LOST" books coming out, too, a couple of which we've contributed to... still huge fans!
              Last edited by pzarquon; August 18, 2006, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                And, you know, had 96 hours in a day.

96=108-4-8

Comment

Originally posted by Kimo
                  The Mayor announced the other day that Saturday September 30 Waikiki Sunset on the Beach will be the Hawaii premier of Lost - several days before the October 4 TV season three premiere - complete w Red Carpet star sitings. Remember sitting thru the rain last year? Worth it for the very first public view of The Hatch!
                  Haha I was there last time, it was fun. My parents were completely against going and no one else was free, so I packed up as if going camping and was prepared to catch the bus and go by myself. Then at the very last minute (as I was hiking out the door) thay caved and took me, but they later admitted they had fun. Until the rain started for the entire freaking night, but I was prepared with an umbrella and we secured a spot under the trees (even if everything on the screen was backwards...). We got to watch all the stars leave since we were right against the "aisle" they made, too. I'm soooooo gonna go again

And that mention of Greek banishment just makes me ponder even more about the Simpsonesque four-toed Colossus of Craphole Island.
                  myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Ogata
                    96=108-4-8
                    AHHHHHHHHHHH THE NUMBERS!

Comment

In an effort to better organize the discussion of "Lost" I've decided with the suggestion of one of our users, that this "Lost" thread be split. Well not this one exactly as it will continue to go on. But from this post on, let's limit the discussion of "Lost" to anything and everything involving the episodes and storyline itself as it unfurls this season.

This means all of the speculation, the theories, the characters, flashbacks and whatever else that relates to the storyline itself are to be discussed here. Items relating to news (actors were again busted for speeding) and "I took pictures at this new film location", can be discussed at the following link:

"Lost": Season 3 News & Sightings
                      http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showthread.php?t=9882

With this amendment, the posting guidelines as related to the episodes themselves are once again as follow:

Unlike last season, we'll let discussion of the episodes take place shortly after they air. "Lost" fans now have or will have several opportunities to catch the show if they did not watch it at air time. Among the options:

* Record to Your VCR
                      * Record to Your Tivo or other DVR device
                      * Go to ABC.com "Lost" website to view streaming video
                      * Purchase episode from iTunes Music Store

Discussion on Season 1 & 2 episodes are still open.

"Lost" Season 2 Chapter 2

"Lost" The Second Season DVD - for discussion of the 2nd season DVD release.

"Lost" The First Season DVD - If Season 1 needs further discussion, put it here.

The reason why i am doing this is to keep this thread solely for discussion of the 23 episodes this coming season. The thread will probably wane for a few weeks until the first 6 episodes air later this year and then go on hiatus until February. ABC promises 17 consecutive, new episodes starting in February 2007.
                      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

With the season premiere of "Lost" only 3 days away, this is posted as a reminder to let you know that items dealing with the show's storyline can start to be posted here. For the lucky few who already saw the season premiere at the Sunset on the Beach thing, please use the spoiler tags until after the show airs Wednesday night, HawaiiTime. From that point on, feel free to discuss the premiere episode and all subsequent storylines, characters, etc. in this thread.
                        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

So. How'd you like them apples?

Oh, and Jason? Your little guy does get a flash of screen time, as Sarah leads him and a girl out onto the playground. Yay!

Comment

Er. Um.
                            Suburbia? The Honolulu Zoo? (I sure hope they paid a lot of money to that poor financially-strapped institution; it needs a retrofit.)

It left me as puzzled as ever; I'll give the writers credit for that.

I see the "show spoiler" still doesn't work in preview, despite the upgrade.
                            Last edited by Linkmeister; October 4, 2006, 09:20 PM. Reason: Add spoiler tag complaint ;)
                            http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Are we still doing spoilers, post-air?

I'm pretty sure "Othersville" was Camp Erdman/Mokuleia side. The lawyer's office was the First Hawaiian Center (a.k.a. Mr. Paik's office in a Jin flashback, but another area), the school was Palolo Valley Recreation Center, and the police station was the old police building on Merchant St. The only location I'm not sure of was the hotel Jack followed his father to.

Here's what I posted about the season premiere over the weekend after seeing it the first time in Waikiki:
                              Did I like it? Sure! The opening scene is certainly an attention grabber. The episode overall was limited to Jack, Sawyer, and Kate, but that certainly was enough to bite off for a season opener and no doubt subsequent episodes will cycle through the other groups (Sun, Jin and Sayid, the rest of the survivors, and Hurley). It didn't have the "Huh?" ending of the Season 2 opener, but as the first chapter in a six-episode arc, it's a nice setup.

Jen, my wife, liked it too. Probably more than I did, though.

Watching the episode, I couldn't stop shaking the sense of seeing the Season 1 opener, or watching all of Season 1 for that matter, and feeling like it was a different show. Still a good show, but different. Some things in the Season 3 premiere last night came off as just a little too much, you know? The opening scene is awesome... but is disconnected from anything else and (as someone said) seems mostly an attempt to "top" finding Desmond in the hatch last time. The DHARMA fish biscuit. (The grain alone would have been fine.) The Stephen King shoutout. (I reallywonder if King will be amused, or disappointed.) Another gratuitious Kate shower scene. It felt like there was a checklist. Underwater hatch? Suspecting Jack's dad as Sarah's affair (though the 'cell phone scene' was done well)? An almost too contrived set up for Kate's 'agonizing choice'? Check, check, check...

On the other hand... well, spoiler hounds ruin things for ourselves, don't we? We speculate and snoop so much, nothing surprises us. Oh, to see "LOST" from the eyes of an unjaded TV viewer. Maybe the sense of a checklist is really them getting some of this stuff out of the way early, to tell us, "Hey, there's more to it." I hope so!
                              It was good getting a second look at it, though. I liked it better the second time around. I really think this was a showcase episode for Matthew Fox. And Elizabeth Mitchell is great.

I was trying to remember what the whole "Otherville" setup reminded me of, and my wife made the connection: an episode of "Alias" (also by J.J. Abrams) called "Liberty Village." The plot involved a fake suburb and an EMP weapon (hello, hatch magnet!). If Sydney Bristow shows up on The Island in Season 5...

Another poster on "The Fuselage" also picked up a "food" theme in this episode. Juliet's burnt muffins and sandwich toothpicks, Jack's stubborn refusal, Kate's nice breakfast, Sawyer's struggle for water and grain...

A decent season opener, but I hope the melodramatic voiceover is right, and that the six-episode pseudo-miniseries knocks our socks off.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                                So. How'd you like them apples?

Oh, and Jason? Your little guy does get a flash of screen time, as Sarah leads him and a girl out onto the playground. Yay!
                                hehe, yeah. we got a call from my parents shortly after the PST airing.

just saw it ourselves... nice little claim to fame for the little fellah.

and here's a fun pic from the experience:

ps - my vote, I enjoyed the episode, but i'm fairly easy to please. LOL
                                aloha...
                                Last edited by 808shows.com; October 4, 2006, 09:50 PM. Reason: didn't answer question.
                                808shows.com / 808PhotoVault.com / Hawaiian Express Records...

Comment

Working...
                                X