Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Lost" Season 2 Chapter 2

A followup on Glen and Mel's spoiler

I remember that the starting cast credits had M.C. Gainey on for that episode. He was the one who played the bearded man in a couple of episodes. Didn't reconizge him as the guy who was talking to Ethan in the hall way since he was clean shaven in that scene.

Comment

I taped it so I could rewind it and hit the mute button which then displays the closed captioning, I think Claire said "something is wrong with the baby".

KalihiBoy

Comment

Originally posted by Linkmeister
        Arrrgh! We had mainland guests who aren't hooked, so we didn't see it! Anybody have a copy that could be burned to DVD/VHS?
        Sure, but it'll be VHS -- we're not quite advanced enough for DVDs just yet (though that DVD-burning TiVo unit has always intrigued me). Let me know if you can't find another source, and I'll find a way to get a tape to you. I also have the last three or so episodes saved as well.

The civil defense announcement (for Kauai) was impeccably timed. I didn't stress over it, since we watch TV with captioning on, but I also can't remember the exact line.

Any reason why you're spoiler blocking... er, what you're spoiler blocking? It's not something we all haven't seen (i.e. what we're going to see in an upcoming episode). Just a detail that some folks might have missed.

The appearance of the "Catch a Falling Star" tune was my favorite "aha!" moment. That song, and in fact the airplane mobile, are both references from Season 1. I love when they connect things like that.

Filming at the YWCA downtown today!

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
          Sure, but it'll be VHS -- we're not quite advanced enough for DVDs just yet (though that DVD-burning TiVo unit has always intrigued me). Let me know if you can't find another source, and I'll find a way to get a tape to you. I also have the last three or so episodes saved as well.

(snip)

Any reason why you're spoiler blocking... er, what you're spoiler blocking? It's not something we all haven't seen (i.e. what we're going to see in an upcoming episode). Just a detail that some folks might have missed.

Ahem. You're offering to send me a tape because I haven't seen it, and yet you say "It's not something we all haven't seen."

Inconsistency. I deplores it.

I'll e-mail you, Zarq.
          http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Originally posted by Linkmeister
            Ahem. You're offering to send me a tape because I haven't seen it, and yet you say "It's not something we all haven't seen." Inconsistency. I deplores it.
            Touché! I keep thinking of "spoilers" as tidbits that are cheats -- scoops from the set or gossip mags that leak who shot Mr. Burns or J.R. before it hits the air, rather than something that's "out there" -- just perhaps something not everyone caught, or saw. I figured whether it was a TV show or a movie, if you missed it and didn't want to know, you'd just avoid the discussion until you caught up.

But, I just realized that Mel had a specific window within which episode details shouldn't be posted (in the first post in this very thread):
            If you must reveal episodic details, be sure to use the [SPOILER] tags for at least one week after that night's episode airs. There are people who put the program on their DVR, Tivo or videotape for viewing later.
            Meaning a whole heap of us have kind of spilled the beans early, on this and previous episodes. So, oops. Sorry, Link! That one-week window was there for folks in exactly your position!

I'll still get you that tape.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
              But, I just realized that Mel had a specific window within which episode details shouldn't be posted (in the first post in this very thread):Meaning a whole heap of us have kind of spilled the beans early, on this and previous episodes.

I did not watch the last new episode before this week's one on the same day. I taped it for viewing later. Noticing that some spoilers had gotten through in previous posts, I did the next best thing...

Avoid this topic until I watched the tape.

This week I watched the show in real time and when I commented, I used the [spoiler] tag. So yes, the guideline still stands about using the spoiler tag for the first week until most people get a chance to see the episode.

I do this for the other shows that I watch that are also discussed here. If I have it on tape and did not see it immediately, I avoid the topic... like the Invasion one which I have yet to see that episode (got it on tape but haven't gotten around to see it)...

Of course the general problem about recording too many shows for viewing later is that sometimes you get so many shows that it is hard to catch up with them all on a timely basis.
              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel
                Same here. Latey I have a commitment to do on Wednesday nights (as well as other nights too) so I tape Lost and Invasion. When I come home after 10pm I watch Lost that night and watch Invasion on Thursday night.

After watching the episode then I go to the topic and add my 2 cents to it.

Comment

Originally posted by mel
                  I did not watch the last new episode before this week's one on the same day. I taped it for viewing later. Noticing that some spoilers had gotten through in previous posts, I did the next best thing...

This week I watched the show in real time and when I commented, I used the [spoiler] tag. So yes, the guideline still stands about using the spoiler tag for the first week until most people get a chance to see the episode.

I do this for the other shows that I watch that are also discussed here. If I have it on tape and did not see it immediately, I avoid the topic... like the Invasion one which I have yet to see that episode (got it on tape but haven't gotten around to see it)...

Of course the general problem about recording too many shows for viewing later is that sometimes you get so many shows that it is hard to catch up with them all on a timely basis.
                  I'm telling you.... DVR will make a difference in your life!!!

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                    I'm telling you.... DVR will make a difference in your life!!!

I'll be getting one before the year's end... maybe even sooner. I have a few more questions to ask on the DVR thread later.

Getting back on topic now, here are some LOST sighting links I found on BuzzNet today:

http://www.buzznet.com/buzzwords/lost/?id=2320355
                    http://www.buzznet.com/buzzwords/lost/?id=2320354
                    http://www.buzznet.com/buzzwords/lost/?id=2320353
                    http://www.buzznet.com/buzzwords/lost/?id=2320352
                    http://www.buzznet.com/buzzwords/lost/?id=2320351

Gotta love that 60s era swimsuit Evangeline is wearing.
                    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

• Re: LOST: Trimming the fat

And the huge tub of ranch dressing that can be kept at room tempurature for 7 years. That in of itself should make the Drama Company rich.

Comment

• Re: "Lost" Season 2 Chapter 2

Originally posted by mel
                        Anyone know what Rosseau said about 5 minutes into the program shortly before the "Lost" graphic showed up? Our network audio feed was cut for a local civil defense flood alert signal.
                        Kate: What happened? What did she say?
                        Claire: She said there's something wrong with him.

No kidding, though, that Civil Defense message cut in at exactly the wrong moment -- right after, "She said..." You'd almost think it was a cliffhanger strategy by the show's creators!

Comment

Not necessarily pertaining to "Lost Season 2," but perhaps of interest to "Lost" fans...

Lost Party
                          Every Wednesday night
                          Ryan's Grill at Victoria Ward
                          "Party with friends with drink and food specials while watching "LOST" episodes on our big screen TV. "

Comment

"It's a miracle".... yeah... right.
                            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Sawyer reading Judy Blume for recreation. Mom and I laughed out loud at that vision.
                              http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Thanks to the DVR I was able to catch a quick glimpse of my apartment on tonights episode.

The part where Sun was walking down the Ala Wai on the opposite side of the convention center....my apartment wasn't actually in view... but the building I live in got a quick flash of "LOST"

I also noticed that they conveniently blurred out all the people that were watching on the balconies on their lanais during the shooting...which I don't blame them for...

Comment

Working...
                                X