X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Apple iPod nano

Originally posted by doc1456
    You mean like hearing aids? LOL
    I wish! Hearing aids are made from molds custom-fitted to the user's ear canals, and from what I hear they are super-comfortable. It would be great to have a separate, custom-fitted set of bluetooth earplugs that I could use with whatever device I bought. I'd pay good money for that.

Comment

I bought a pair of wireless headphones for my dad so he can listen to TV without driving the rest of the family deaf (he's hard of hearing so he pumps up the volume)

This headphones incorporated an ambient microphone built into the headset so along with the sound of the TV he can also hear sounds around him like the smoke alarm when he's watching KIKU!

The next generation of Ipod's should incorporate this kind of safety feature so when you're driving your car with a pair of ear buds (illegal by the way) you can hear the sound of an emergency vehicle coming up your butt or at least hear the sarcastic remarks from those around you telling you to turn it down.

Nothing is more irritating than hearing that shallow chee chee chee sound from someone's nearby earbuds cranked up to the point of terminal deafness.

And to think my teenage boy was agreeing with me in my conversations with him as he sat next to me while I drove him to school. Basically he was wearing his earbuds and nodding his head to the beat of the music.

The danger part of it was that weekend when he found out he agreed to mow the lawn, and watch the 19-month old while I tended to other yardly duties. And to think he wanted to go camping! Ha!!
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Apple pipped to Nano name by arch-rival
        Apple may have handed its loss-making MP3 player rival, Creative, an opportunity to win a significant victory in the company's self-proclaimed "war" against the iPod maker.

Apple's iPod Nano grabbed the headlines this week, but Creative's Zen Nano has the advantage of coming to market ahead of its rival. Creative launched the Zen Nano in March. Initially available in Asia, the screen-equipped, Flash-based compact music player shipped in Europe as the Zen Nano Plus soon after.
        Creative Zen Nano Plus website
        Last edited by admin; September 10, 2005, 05:53 PM. Reason: For the millionth time, do not republish other sites' articles in full.
        How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

I'm sure the lines for the Creative Zen Nano are very long at the retail stores around the world....heheh... yeah... More than likely there will be lines of lawyers at court if and when the 2 companies decide to duke it out over the name "Nano". In the meantime the iPod Nano and their siblings will continue to sell like hotcakes improving Apple's bottom line.
          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel

BTW, here is the link to the Motorola iTunes phone, in case anyone is interested:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/mobile/

I'm sure this will not appeal to everyone, but as Apple claims, this is the FIRST iTunes phone. So you can expect that there will be others to come and hopefully better designed than this one.
            You know, I find multi-functional gizmos much more appealing than single-function ones. It might be why I don't own an mp3 player yet (or a wristwatch, for that matter). And, while this might be the first official ipod phone, fact is the treo (to name one) has been on the market for a few years and with d/l pockettunes, one can import songs from itunes onto the phone and play them. And because it has palmOS (not to mention both pc and mac compatible), one can do so much with it.

pax

Comment

Believe it or not, I'm one of the very few people in Hawaii who don't own or plan to own a cell phone anytime soon.

That said, I am familiar with the Treo line of Palm OS phones/devices. I never knew they could synch with Apple's iTunes. Now that is news for me.
              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel
                Believe it or not, I'm one of the very few people in Hawaii who don't own or plan to own a cell phone anytime soon.

That said, I am familiar with the Treo line of Palm OS phones/devices. I never knew they could synch with Apple's iTunes. Now that is news for me.
                let me clarify:

the treo does not sync directly with itunes. It does have a little disc drive (the ones you use for digital cameras; can hold up to 1gb) and its a simple slurp off of itunes onto the disc, then popped into the treo, and there ya go.

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o
                  the treo does not sync directly with itunes. It does have a little disc drive (the ones you use for digital cameras; can hold up to 1gb) and its a simple slurp off of itunes onto the disc, then popped into the treo, and there ya go.
                  OK, thanks for clearing that up. So I take it you can just copy songs (good ol drag and drop method) to the removable flash media card and then reinsert that back into the Palm. That is still new to me and good to know. My one and only Palm III is 5 years old and it doesn't do any of that (no removeable media slot).
                  I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

There are reports that the iPod nano breaks easily, especially the LCD screen. Is there anybody here with a nano who can comment?

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
                      There are reports that the iPod nano breaks easily, especially the LCD screen. Is there anybody here with a nano who can comment?
                      I purchased mine on line right after I saw this thread and I haven't had any problems. I bought a black one so there is some "scratches" like when one polishes a black car. As for the LCD it doesn't have any scratches on it and it's very easy to read even with the backlight turned off. There are "tubes" that you can purchase on line and a lanyard thing to wear around your neck. The Nano is so small and thin that I would think that one would just naturally take extra care of it. The earbuds are a bit uncomfortable to me so I'm looking into that Bang-Olufsen earphones, expensive but really comfortable. Go to the Apple Store online and you get free engraving with your purchase.

Comment

I purchased a black 4GB iPod nano a couple of weeks ago and the screen already has several scratches on it. However, the biggest problem I've had with it is random freezes in which it becomes unresponsive.
                        Ā Ē Ī Ō Ū ā ē ī ō ū -- Just a little something to "cut and paste."

Comment

The most serious problems I have heard with the Nanos are the cracked LCD screens after some owners left theirs in pant pockets. I guess if you are walking around and flexing the thing in your pocket, it can put stress on the screen causing it to crack... at least that is what I recently read.

Some pundits are already predicting this may be Apple's newest turkey since the Power Mac G4 Cube of a few years back.
                          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Claiming that the iPod Nano has a widespread propensity for scratching easily, lawyers this week filed a class action suit against Apple Computer on behalf of those who have purchased the diminutive music player.

The lawsuit, filed Wednesday on behalf of all those who have bought a Nano, alleges that Apple violated state consumer protection statutes, as well as express and implied warranties. The complaint charges that Apple knew that there were design problems with the Nano.

(From CNet)
                            Wonder if this suit will go anywhere?

Comment

Wonder if this suit will go anywhere?
                              Apple lost the suit on the iPod battery issue. So now they have some kind of program to offer users replacement batteries. One of my friends had his battery die, and I think they just replaced the entire iPod.

Getting back to the Nano suit, it seems Apple may be able to win (remember I am no lawyer) if they can use the following unscientific article to their benefit. In this brutal test ARS Technica subjected an iPod Nano to increasingly brutal abuse until the thing "gave up the ghost" and finally stopped playing. Check out the test and article at the following link:

http://arstechnica.com/reviews/hardware/nano.ars/3

We placed the nano in the path of the car and drove over it with both front and rear tires. Driving over the nano produced sickening crunching noises which coincidentally sounded a lot like an LCD being crushed. After the first hit and run, the iPod's display was not cracked but was showing some nasty vertical lines. Shockingly, the nano was still playing music and the controls still operated as expected, as we were still able to skip ahead, go back, pause, and play music!
                              They even have pictures.
                              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Apple I-pod Nano

I just got my apple i-pod nano yesterday but I don't know how to download songs so that it can go on my i-pod. I tried to read the instructions but it didn't tell me how. So, if any of you own a i-pod nano, shuffle, mini any help is welcomed.
                                Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

Working...
                                X