Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Doing the Dew

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
    Ever look at the label on bottled water? It too has a freshness date. Hmmm since when does water spoil?
    Especially if they promote that it's been naturally filtered by bubbling through mountain rocks for millenia. Good thing it reached the surface when it did --- can you imagine how annoyed the water molecules would get if they didn't get out of the mountain rocks in time for their expiration date? Maybe that's where we get "heavy" water.

Comment

When I have had Mountain Dew in the past, it's been the regular stuff. Recently, I've had grape soda cravings. Don't know why, but getting maddeningly addicted to the stuff. 44 gr. of sugar...yikes!
      Fukujinzuke! I've got myself in a pickle!

Comment

Moutain Dew Pitch Black tastes awful.

First of all, the color of the soda is purple, the foam's color is blue, and it tastes sour. It maybe good for Halloween, but not everytime of the year (oh, and Halloween is a month away, then Thanksgiving, then Xmas, then New Years... Where has the year gone by?)
        How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Hmm, Pitch Black isn't supposed to be very sour, shouldn't be sour at all, in fact since it's just plain grape soda...but Pitch Black II is definitely the crappy sour one.
          myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

Give me the original neon-radioactive-colored Dew every time!

But...I finally DID try the Pitch Black II--and if forced to choose between that and the original Pitch Black, I prefer the former.

I don't like overly sweet and I hate "grape" flavored sodas (blech), so the Pitch Black II, with its sour and less grapey taste makes it more palatable to me.

Comment

From the "my trip to hawaii!!" thread:

Originally posted by kimo55
              wow. Absolut.
              I NEED to know your brand of coffee!

All HT responses by Absolut Chaos are brought to you by Mountain Dew. When combined with a granola bar, it's the breakfast of champions!

One can a day keeps caffeine headache withdrawal at bay...

Coffee, blech. Can't drink the stuff unless there are liberal amounts of either amaretto or irish whiskey thown in.

Comment

Originally posted by AbsolutChaos
                Can't drink the stuff unless there are liberal amounts of either amaretto or irish whiskey thown in.
                Stereotype! promulgating the wise, all-knowing India guru image once again!

(cuz that is exactly how one must enjoy java at eventide.)
                Last edited by kimo55; January 29, 2006, 11:15 AM.

Comment

I'm probably going to sound weird but I LOVE the taste of Mountain Dew! The good old fashioned original is always going to be my most favorite one (it's the only soda I can drink at room temperature).

BUT... Damn, I love the Mt. Dew: Livewire! That has go to be one of my most favorite sodas too. It reminds me of that soda Orange Crush, which before I moved here to TX, I hadn't seen in Hawaii in what seemd like ages! For those who say it's "just orange soda", I'd have to say, no wayz! It's great. Now that I'm in TX, I don't see Livewire anywhere I see Code Red going strong, but BLECH! It taste like fizzy Robitussin! As for the Pitch Black, I liked the first version OK... the second version just didn't do it for me... just was a bit too sour.

On a side note: I'm totally jazzed that there's Orange Crush in a bottle here! WooHoo! Sometimes you forget what old favorites are like eh?

Out here in TX, Dr Pepper is King of Soda but they call it "coke" because that doesn't mean Coca-Cola here... auwe!, so confusing this Dixie vernacular!

Ok, me stop rambling now, hehehe

Aloha,
                  Chris
                  The old grey donkey, Eeyore stood by himself in a thistly corner of the Forest, his front feet well apart, his head on one side, and thought about things. Sometimes he thought sadly to himself, "Why?" and sometimes he thought, "Wherefore?" and sometimes he thought, "Inasmuch as which?" and sometimes he didn't quite know what he was thinking about.

Comment

I must say there is nothing better than the DEW the original DEW that is. I have not cared for any of the offshoots especially their energy drink MDX its nasty
                    808blogs.com- Start your own blog now, for free!
                    kazaru.808blogs.com - my blog!
                    http://kazaru.com - personal site DOWN ATM

Comment

Originally posted by bizzyb0t
                      Out here in TX, Dr Pepper is King of Soda but they call it "coke" because that doesn't mean Coca-Cola here... auwe!, so confusing this Dixie vernacular!
                      You should add a vote to the poll in our old Soda or Pop thread.

Doctor Pepper?!? Eeesh.

Comment

Originally posted by bizzyb0t
                        That's always cracked me up when I visit certain parts of the South - I can order "coke" with a meal, and they ask "what flavor?" Of course, they mean "what kind of soda," because they refer to them generically as "coke."

But not everywhere in the South - they are very clear on "coke" meaning "Coca-Cola" in much of Georgia, since Atlanta is the home of Coca-Cola.

Hey, bizzyb0t --- do they have CheerWine around you in Texas? Sorta like a cherry Dr. Pepper. I get it in the Carolinas when I'm there.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
                          That's always cracked me up when I visit certain parts of the South - I can order "coke" with a meal, and they ask "what flavor?" Of course, they mean "what kind of soda," because they refer to them generically as "coke."

But not everywhere in the South - they are very clear on "coke" meaning "Coca-Cola" in much of Georgia, since Atlanta is the home of Coca-Cola.

Hey, bizzyb0t --- do they have CheerWine around you in Texas? Sorta like a cherry Dr. Pepper. I get it in the Carolinas when I'm there.
                          I had never given it a thought when I lived in Alabama and Kentucky, because I learned as a child. to call all "sugary carbonated beverages" coke too--it wasn't until I moved to the Midwest that I realized that I had to clarify what kind and start calling it "pop," or I'd end up literally with the actual brand name Coke soda drink (blech). That's no Mountain Dew!

Comment

I never realized that people here in Hawaii do not have "Pop" It is soda here.

In the northwest... I used to say "mom... can I have a pop?"

If my son said that to me today... I think I would give him one "pop" on the head.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio

I've never been to the mainland except when I was kid and we went to Disneyland/Universal Studios/Knotts Berry Farm kind tours. So being here in Texas full-time has taken some time to get used to, when requesting things to drink.

As for the "CheerWine" I haven't come across it yet. I do know that they have a soda called, "Big Red" that's just like the Diamond Head Red Cream soda I always thought that Hawaii was the only place to have that flavor (which is half strawberry and half creme soda). So I was happy. What supermarket chain would I see CheerWine at? I haven't been to any grocery stores here except for H-E-B and Wal-Mart, and believe it or not but that's almost the only two choices I have unless I drive a couple of hours away!

I heard someone yesterday call Mt. Dew "pisswater". So I guess the post about the origins of the phrase "Doing the Dew" are true - at least to some extent.

Hey, I just Googled "CheerWine" and found the page!Looks Yummy!. I gotta ask some people around here if they know where I can get some. The Cool Moon looks pretty good to. I wonder if it's like Mt. Dew?

Geez, now I'm thirsty again!

Aloha,
                              Chris
                              The old grey donkey, Eeyore stood by himself in a thistly corner of the Forest, his front feet well apart, his head on one side, and thought about things. Sometimes he thought sadly to himself, "Why?" and sometimes he thought, "Wherefore?" and sometimes he thought, "Inasmuch as which?" and sometimes he didn't quite know what he was thinking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity
                                I use to drink this stuff all the time (long time ago) ,24 oz. at a time, untill it started to make my teeth ache!.
                                There was a time when my daily consuming of Mountain Dew was around 64 ounces or so (a cup of 32 ounces at breakfast, another 32 ounces for dinner). Yeah sure it kept me awake at night but I like the taste and the buzz it gave.

Then one day I had a pain in my hip, went to see my doctor about it, after taking my blood pressure, the staff started to act kind of weird sort like how doctors on TV act when somebody has a heart attack or some major trauma, even though I was feeling okay if you don't count the pain in the hip. So they hooked me up to the EKG, got lectured about losing weight, staying off the caffeine, prescribe me some medications and referred me to another doctor. This was in Spring 1999. I was caffeine free for 2 years, then started drinking Mountain Dew again but limiting my intake to a 20 ounce bottle of it a day which I thought was reasonable.

In fall of 2005 I was drinking more of it, 2 or more bottles a day. I figured I should stop drinking it this year and see what happens. The last time I had Mountain Dew was New Year's Eve and I told my friend I was giving up caffeine as a New Year resolution.

Do I miss drinking Mountain Dew? Yeah I do.

Comment

Working...
                                X