Michael Paulo's Smooth Jazz Nights concert series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michael Paulo's Smooth Jazz Nights concert series

Mark your calendars...Oct. 23 at Aloha Tower Marketplace...with Michael Paulo and EUGE GROOVE. Can't wait! Tickets are available now thru the Honolulu Box Office.

Comment

If I've said it once I've said it at least 3 times...
      :::H:O:T:::H:O:T:::H:O:T:::

Another incredible concert! This one featured funky sax player, Euge Groove and grammy winning guitarist, Paul Brown.

This was the 2nd concert in this series to be held at Aloha Tower Marketplace. And, while it appeared sold out and everyone was thoroughly enjoying it and hooting and hollering, for the most part no one was dancing...unlike the gigs at the Royal Hawaiian Theater. I wonder if there's something physical or psychological that happens based on whether a concert is outside or inside. When inside, does the music having 'boundaries' and bouncing off the walls, floor and ceiling cause a more intense response in people? While outside with nothing to 'stop' the music, does it just dissipate thereby not affecting people the same? These concerts involve jazz audiences which differ greatly from rock, pop, hip hop, etc. I'm not complaining, mind you...just observing. The music was incredible. And, I danced!

Anyway...the hana hou song, "What You Won't Do for Love", featured Paul Brown, Euge Groove, Michael Paulo and, sitting in, former SOSer Albert Maligmat (vocals) and Salsa Hawaii's Rolando Sanchez (bongos). My friend and I thought the concert was pau and had almost exited the area, when I looked over my shoulder and saw what was about to happen. Whooooooa! I pulled my point and shoot camera out of my purse for some poor video but decent sound, considering! It was way too hard to try to hold the camera steady while dancing!

I need to learn how to upload to YouTube! The video is on Facebook. I've figured that one out!

Rumor has it that the next concert is Dec. 12 at another venue. Stay tuned.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
        [...]
        I need to learn how to upload to YouTube![...]
        I DID IT!!! My 1st video on YouTube! I have the old dog/new tricks grin!

Comment

[...]
          Rumor has it that the next concert is Dec. 12 at another venue. Stay tuned.
          The truth is the next Smooth Jazz Nights concert is Nov. 21...back at the Royal Hawaiian Theater...the multi-talented BRIAN CULBERTSON, sexy sax gal, JESSY J and, of course, Hawaii's own Michael Paulo.

W00T!!!

Current rumor is that there will be another concert in December!

Comment

I listen to a "smooth jazz" station from San Francisco every day via live streaming on my computer. It's the same station I listened to when I lived there and it is the BEST JAZZ STATION EVER! I listen to these artists every day and so wish I could afford to go see them live. You're very fortunate to have the opportunity to see them and I really enjoy your reviews.
            "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
            – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
              I listen to a "smooth jazz" station from San Francisco every day via live streaming on my computer. It's the same station I listened to when I lived there and it is the BEST JAZZ STATION EVER! I listen to these artists every day and so wish I could afford to go see them live. You're very fortunate to have the opportunity to see them and I really enjoy your reviews.
              Which station, Anapuni? BTW, I foresake other activities in order to attend the concerts. I've decided I'd much rather cook at home all the time and attend the concerts than eat out and not attend!!! Goes to show ya where music and food are on my priority list!

Comment

KKSF in San Francisco. and as far as eating out?" I gave that up a very long time ago just to be able to pay my rent.
                "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

KKSF in San Francisco.
                  Thanks...
                  and as far as eating out?" I gave that up a very long time ago just to be able to pay my rent.
                  Welcome to Hawaii and to this sucky economy, huh! A double whamy.

Comment

yeah I know. it really does suck but what can we do? it's the price of living in "paradise" I guess.
                    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Welcome to Hawaii and to this sucky economy, huh! A double whamy.
                      yeah I know. it really does suck but what can we do? it's the price of living in "paradise" I guess.
                      Then again, if you had the "paradisical" conditions most people associate with Hawai`i, PLUS an incredibly reasonable cost of living, you'd have severe overcrowding (beyond what you already see), yeah?

Lucky you two got there long ago. If the AF's family hadn't already been there for five generations, I doubt I'd ever engender thoughts of moving there someday. (See how sweet I am? I'd move to Hawai`i just for her! )

Comment

The truth is the next Smooth Jazz Nights concert is Nov. 21...back at the Royal Hawaiian Theater...the multi-talented BRIAN CULBERTSON, sexy sax gal, JESSY J and, of course, Hawaii's own Michael Paulo.[...]
                        Oh my funking (<- correctly spelled!) gaaaaaawd...
                        I'm speechless...and I'm completely wired...
                        Calgon...take me away!

Comment

Oh my funking (<- correctly spelled!) gaaaaaawd...
                          I'm speechless...and I'm completely wired...
                          Calgon...take me away!
                          Hook her up to the grid Scotty, she's energized!
                          Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

I'm still wired from Saturday night! Really! After frustrating hours trying to get my videos uploaded to YouTube in a decent resolution, I finally found success. Using my 3 CCD casting camera was a good decision and, now, if I could just afford to hire a good camera operator!

Young and gorgeous sax gal, Jessy J, with Michael
                            The wildly entertaining and funky Brian Culbertson with Michael

(Enjoy, anapuni!)

Comment

Here we go again!

Another of Michael Paulo's great smooth jazz concerts is scheduled for Jan. 9, at the Royal Hawaiian Theater in Waikiki, featuring Rick Braun and Richard Elliot. Already have my tickets! W00T!!!

And for you Maui folks, a newsletter I received indicated the concerts will start coming to Maui at some point this year.

More info at: http://www.smoothjazznights.com
                              Last edited by tutusue; December 22, 2009, 11:26 AM. Reason: added url

Comment

Tickets are still available altho' I doubt there are many. This should be a great concert but how does anyone follow Brian Culbertson?! I'm still wired after that one. So happy I taped it. Still, Braun and Elliot are no slackers in the world of smooth jazz. I hear they put on an incredible show. Sooooo looking forward to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X