Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yo Hilo Artist: your message box stay full

Originally posted by MyopicJoe View Post
    If you look at the bottom right of your PM page, you should see options for downloading your saved PMs. That should make it easier to delete some old PMs. Sometimes it can be hard to let go!
    Ooops! Thank you for letting me know, I will clean out the pm box! Please send your pm again
    Ekalamai!
    Layne

Comment

Originally posted by MyopicJoe View Post
      If you look at the bottom right of your PM page, you should see options for downloading your saved PM
      Can someone explain to me how to do this? I can't figure it out, and no matter what I've tried, my message box stay full
      ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
        Can someone explain to me how to do this? I can't figure it out, and no matter what I've tried, my message box stay full

Well, you can choose in what format to save, I just save as text, then click to save. It will not empty your box though, once they are saved, you can just delete them out of your pm box.
        flickr

An email from God:
        To: People of Earth
        Date: 9/04/2007
        Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
        God

Comment

When go into the Private Message section of HawaiiThreads there is text on the bottom right hand side as shown below:

Download all Private Messages as:
          XML | CSV | Text
          If you click on the Text link it will make a copy of all your messages into a file (said file when I tried it called it privatemessages-helen-August 30th, 2008.txt) that you place locally on your computer.

This is what the file looks like:

Code:
          HawaiiThreads.com;http://www.hawaiithreads.com
          Private Message Dump for User helen; August 30th, 2008 08:08 AM -->

################################################################################
          Folder :	Sent Items
          ################################################################################

================================================================================
          To :	helen
          Date :	2008-08-30 08:07
          Title :	test
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          This is a test of sending a PM to one selve

Folder :	Inbox

================================================================================
          To :	helen
          Date :	2008-08-30 08:07
          Title :	test
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          This is a test of sending a PM to one selve
          Keep in mind it only does a copy, not a move which means after the the copy is done you will need to remove the messages manually from your Private Message area.

Comment

Re: Managing your Private Messages

Aha!! Thatnks!! It worked!

Comment

**bump**
              It worked again!

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
                **bump**
                It worked again!
                awww... you were trying to get to the 1 year anniversary, weren't you?

LOL
                To be, or musubi... What was da question?

Comment

Private message inbox!

Everyone please check your private message inbox to see if it's full and not accepting new messages. I don't actually know what amount we can hold on to though. Do any of you?

This is all I got from the FAQ section of HawaiiThreads...
                  "You will need to periodically delete old messages, as the administrator has probably set a limit to the number of private messages you can have in your folders. If you exceed the number of messages specified by the administrator, you will not be able to send or receive new messages until you delete some old messages."

And what brings this up is that I want to message back to you kiwidiva, but no go li'dat.
                  Last edited by Menehune Man; July 2, 2011, 04:47 PM.
                  Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Re: Private message inbox!

I see a counter in the upper right corner of the screen telling me that I have a total of zero messages right now. The problem comes in when you don't delete old messages which take up space. I think our mailbox capacity is based on amount of space. but, I could be wrong - wouldn't be the first time thats happened

(well, now I see the rest of your posting .............oops)
                    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

When I click on "Your Notifications:">"unread private messages" (upper right) this is what I see:
                      "You have <number> messages stored, of a total 50 allowed"

That <number> is the combination of Inbox and Sent Items. So...to answer your question...50!

Comment

Thanks tutusue!

Comment

Re: Check Your Private Messages!

Also Thanks Mods for finding this thread and combining mine!

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
                            From July 2nd... And what brings this up is that I want to message back to you kiwidiva, but no go li'dat.
                            Hey kiwidiva, I just tried again.

Check out the photos in the sailing - hawaii connection thread.
                            I may have gotten a photo of you aboard the Gaualofa that day!

Comment

As a suggestion you may want to use the Visitor Message feature to send a little reminder instead of publicly posting to a thread that perhaps that person may not read for quite some time.

Which brings up another point, once in a great while I sort of notice that some people might say in a thread hey so & so go check your PM I just sent you one. If you think about it the next time someone gets on to HawaiiThreads wouldn't their first action is to check that new personal message?
                              Last edited by helen; July 23, 2011, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Okay, got your point Helen. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X