Uncle's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uncle's

Went to Uncle's restaurant across from Eagle's Cafe on Nimitz.

Good stuff. Had the Seafood Pasta and Chowder.

That one guy from Kaau Crater Boys was playing there, too. Ernie something.

Check it out!

Re: Uncle's

Ernie Reyes, Jr.

Others have written about Uncle's Grill, beginning when it opened last summer. I'm quite fond of the place, but it does take a bit out of one's budget. I am much more in love with Nico's, right across the driveway, but only because the prices are more agreeable. I'd eat at Uncle's as often as I eat at Nico's if I could afford it.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

How's the prices? is it that expensive?

Comment

Well the best thing there is the daily catch. You choose from a few different fish, then you choose from a few different preparations. It's about fifteen bucks, depending on the fish and adding a drink. Comes with rice and cole slaw.
        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by asuhoru View Post
          That one guy from Kaau Crater Boys was playing there, too. Ernie something.
          Originally posted by scrivener View Post
          Ernie Reyes, Jr.
          Not Ernie Cruz, Jr.?

Comment

Ernie Cruz, yeah. Not Reyes. I thought it was Reyes too, but that one is the martial arts actor.

Yeah, Uncles was expensive for lunch. Bill came out to 90 bucks for 5 people.

Comment

I absolutely hated their fish and chips it was the worst ever. And the most expensive as well. Uninspiring tartar sauce from a jar, too much breading covering whatever fish was supposed to be used. I like Nico's way way better.
              I do have to agree the interior is nicely designed and very attractive.

Comment

It would be very difficult to pass up Nico's if I was in that area and hungry. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
                You can apply any terms to any situation to suit your perspective.

Comment

Agree with you Fritz. It's not often that I'm over there but Nico's is my first choice for lunch in the area - well maybe New Eagle too but for different reasons. Nico's is the place of choice for visiting relatives when they are leaving mid-afternoon and want good food before getting on the plane.

Comment

I've been there twice now and have been throughly underwhelmed by the food. Had the fish and chips and chowder the first time and the fishburger the second. Although I love the atmosphere. The tv's showing classic "Lets Go Fishing" episodes with Bruce Carter and Hari Kojima when he was still cleaning fish and cooking. Ernie Cruz is one of the best performers around today.
                    GO RAIL GO!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X