June Jones' Successor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June Jones' Successor

Who do you think should replace June Jones as Head Coach of the University of Hawaii Warriors Football program?

See poll.
    Duane Akina - Co-Defensive Coordinator, University of Texas
    2.94%
    Norm Chow - Offensive Coordinator, Tennessee Titans (NFL)
    29.41%
    Kevin Gilbride - Offensive Coordinator, New York Giants (NFL)
    0.00%
    Dirk Koetter - Offensive Coordinator, Jacksonville Jaguars (NFL)
    0.00%
    Cal Lee - Linebacker Coach, University of Hawaii
    20.59%
    Dennis McKnight - Offensive Line Coach, University of Hawaii
    2.94%
    Rich Miano - Assistant Coach, University of Hawaii
    8.82%
    Dick Tomey - Head Coach, San Jose State University
    2.94%
    Other
    32.35%
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Re: June Jones' Successor

Joe Gibbs?

Comment

Timkona.

Why not? He'd do it because he gives a #### about the sport and about the players, not about the money.

Comment

Assistant Coach Jeff Rothstein was on KGMB Sunrise this morning and seemed to be gunning for the job. But I was listening to my ipod and watching it at 24HF without the sound.
        Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Promote a successful (judging from his St. Louis days) local from within the organization...I'd like to see Cal Lee get a shot at it.

Comment

*dons asbestos suit*

Fred Von Appen.

*ducks*
            Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
              Timkona.

Why not? He'd do it because he gives a #### about the sport and about the players, not about the money.
              Okay. Tell him to post up his resume, including reference from any female student athletes who knew him. nudge, nudge.

Comment

Here ya go!

http://workatuh.hawaii.edu/zoom_job.php?8847

Head Football Coach, position number 80110, UH Athletics, (Manoa), Duties: Under administrative direction, Coach is responsible for planning, administering, and evaluating the overall operation of the intercollegiate football program to include, but not limited to, academic achievement of student-athletes, recruitment of qualified prospects, supervision of assistant coaches and other staff assigned to the program, compliance, program management (eligibility, scheduling, travel, budget, equipment), and student-athlete welfare. The head coach assumes full responsibility for ensuring that team performance is competitive in the Western Athletic Conference (WAC) with the goal of achieving post-season competition. Reports to the Director of Athletics or designee. Minimum qualifications: Graduation from an accredited four year college or university in physical education, recreation, education or related field. Knowledge and ability to organize, implement, and administer a football program as played at the collegiate level. 5 years experience coaching football at the college or university level. Any equivalent combination of education and experience. Desirable qualifications: Division I Football Bowl Subdivision coaching experience and a master’s degree. To apply: Submit cover letter indicating how you satisfy the minimum and desirable qualifications, names, contact information (including e-mail address) of at least 3 professional references, UH Form 64 (standard format) (large format), and resume. Application address: University of Hawaii Intercollegiate Athletics, Human Resources, 1337 Lower Campus Rd, Honolulu, HI 96822 or e-mail to hawaiihr@hawaii.edu Date posted: Jan-08-2008 Continuous recruitment Review of applications will begin on Jan-15-2008 and will continue until the position is filled.
                Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

It appears that Greg McMacken's name keep showing up in the news media. Is it too early to assume he'll ditch UH and follow JJ?

Speculation that he may not go because he might felt snubbed by JJ's list of five recommended replacement coach, and his name is not on it. Of course, JJ assumed that McMacken would follow him because his family is in TX.

Comment

If not a headcoach who runs the west coast offense, I would love to see Hawaii become a more defense-minded team. So, I'm voting for McMackin (other) in the poll.
                    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

One person not named so far but could very well receive serious consideration is current UH defensive line coach Jeff Reinebold. He's had over 25 years of coaching in both the college as well as the pro ranks (CFL, NFL Europe.)

My first pick, tho, would be Norm Chow.
                      This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                        One person not named so far but could very well receive serious consideration is current UH defensive line coach Jeff Reinebold. He's had over 25 years of coaching in both the college as well as the pro ranks (CFL, NFL Europe.)
                        Albeit not on JJ's recommendation list, but both he and Miano wants to take a shot at the job, too (according to KGMB9 Liz Chun).

I don't mind them campaigning, on the promise that whoever is the designated HC, the other candidates won't leave.

Comment

Thanks Leo.

Don't know if I qualify based upon that list of demands. Phew !

But you know I'd do it for the love of football, and the belief that Hawaii could be a perennial powerhouse in Div 1 football. No question about that.
                          FutureNewsNetwork.com
                          Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Honestly, I hope June Jones does his best Nick Saban impersonation and changes his mind at SMU and comes back now that Frazier is gone. He can even leave a note if he likes like that weird guy who coached the Falcons and decided to jump ship and go coach Arkansas.

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
                              Assistant Coach Jeff Rothstein was on KGMB Sunrise this morning and seemed to be gunning for the job. But I was listening to my ipod and watching it at 24HF without the sound.
                              OK, that's Jeff Reinebold, and what I didn't hear him saying was that he wanted to see in place someone who already knows the team to get the job, leading up to his formal endorsement of Greg McMacken. just wanted to correct myself there!
                              Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Working...
                              X